Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hot sauces

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I don't mess with bottled hot sauces any more. I can't have preservatives or conservatives, or any artificial stuff in my diet anymore.

Clay, the Yucateco sauces were my favorite too. I used to get a sleeve of Ritz crackers, put pieces of fresh avocado on them and douse them in the Yucateco habanero sauce.

Now I just take a fresh habanero, seeds and all, and dice it finely. Toss it into a small bowl and squeeze a few fresh limes and that's it. Fresh habanero salsa in a couple of minutes. That or take a couple habaneros and a clove of garlic, puree them with a drizzle of olive oil. Also very good.

I can't stand that vinegary taste of some of the bottled sauces.
    Im going to try that with the lime and Habenero. Have you tried jalapenos w lime? I know what you mean about the vinegar. I cant stand pickled jalapenos. I have to have them fresh.,
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

2. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Im going to try that with the lime and Habenero. Have you tried jalapenos w lime? I know what you mean about the vinegar. I cant stand pickled jalapenos. I have to have them fresh.,
    I haven't tried that with jalapenos. Estela will sometimes take a couple jalapenos, or chile de arbol (little bit hotter than a jalapeno), and stick them in the blender with either a couple of tomatoes and a clove of garlic (for a fresh red salsa) or with a couple of tomatillos (for a green salsa)

We use it when we make tacos or tostadas at home. Really good.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I haven't tried that with jalapenos. Estela will sometimes take a couple jalapenos, or chile de arbol (little bit hotter than a jalapeno), and stick them in the blender with either a couple of tomatoes and a clove of garlic (for a fresh red salsa) or with a couple of tomatillos (for a green salsa)

We use it when we make tacos or tostadas at home. Really good.
    That sounds good. Im so hungry now. Never got into making salsa, but its something ive always wanted to do.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I like Tapatillo and Valentina.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don't mess with bottled hot sauces any more. I can't have preservatives or conservatives, or any artificial stuff in my diet anymore.

Clay, the Yucateco sauces were my favorite too. I used to get a sleeve of Ritz crackers, put pieces of fresh avocado on them and douse them in the Yucateco habanero sauce.

Now I just take a fresh habanero, seeds and all, and dice it finely. Toss it into a small bowl and squeeze a few fresh limes and that's it. Fresh habanero salsa in a couple of minutes. That or take a couple habaneros and a clove of garlic, puree them with a drizzle of olive oil. Also very good.

This is where I'm at. My wife planted a bunch of thai chili bushes last summer, so now I just pick a couple, mince them and add it to whatever I'm eating. Much better than any bottled hot sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

There's nothing artificial in Tobasco. It's ingredients are salt, vinegar, red pepper, and water.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    If you haven't tried it, the Chili Pepper Sauce from Trader Joes is real good on everything.
    We are finally getting a Trader Joes in Colorado. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    If you haven't tried it, the Chili Pepper Sauce from Trader Joes is real good on everything.
    Really. I love TJs but am stuck on my staples with hot sauce (Cholula/Tapatio/Sriracha, Louisiana if it's going in a drink) as far as hot sauces go and never gave it a chance. Will have to try it.

DESPISE Tabasco, ugh, that stuff is awful.

What Franks are you guys getting for buffalo sauce? I tried one variety and it was really vinegary. Maybe I got a bad bottle or something.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 12-18-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    There's nothing artificial in Tobasco. It's ingredients are salt, vinegar, red pepper, and water.
    The vinegar ruins it for me Mr Mayor.

13. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

SR

The vinegar ruins it for me Mr Mayor.
    You can't have vinegar?

You can't have vinegar?
    I don't like the way it tastes. I can eat or drink it if I wanted to. Once I started making fresh salsas I found that I like them better.

I don't like the way it tastes. I can eat or drink it if I wanted to. Once I started making fresh salsas I found that I like them better.
    Fresh Salsas definitely are the bomb. I just like to put tobasco on my pizza and also eggs.

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Fresh Salsas definitely are the bomb. I just like to put tobasco on my pizza and also eggs.
    I'm not hating on anyone's preference so I hope I don't sound like a salsa snob. I like the acidity coming from a lime/citrus instead of the vinegar. One of the reasons why I preferred some of the Texas barbecue sauces over the ones I had in the Carolinas, I think. The damn vinegar.

19. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

I'm not hating on anyone's preference so I hope I don't sound like a salsa snob. I like the acidity coming from a lime/citrus instead of the vinegar. One of the reasons why I preferred some of the Texas barbecue sauces over the ones I had in the Carolinas, I think. The damn vinegar.
    I agree with you in that regard. When I get Mexican I don't use tobasco. I like the authentic ingredients combined with a fresh squeezed lime. Pizza however, gotta have my tobasco.

I guess to some extent I do like vinegar. I use wine vinegar in a lot of my marinades, and also use it in the authentic ceasar dressing I make. I make authentic ceasar quite a bit. My family loves it.

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

What about those red chili flakes on your pizza? I got a Hawaiian from the local joint and I enjoyed the heat contrast with the pineapple.

23. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

SR

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information