Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jeremy Mincey

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

We cut a guy who was likely going to be inactive all season for a guy who will most likely be active and playing, good signing. We need help on the line, hopefully this kid brings it.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He wasn't inspired? Time to put the big boy pants on Jeremy.
    With a name like "Mincey" one would expect him to wear them 'round the clock—not that I'd make that joke within reach of him.

We'll see what we'll see. I'd be kind of surprised if he plays this weekend, and was more concerned about Williams/Unrein replacing Big Vick (and finding decent rotational depth now that rotational depth is starting) than replacing Ayers. Still, as good as Ayers is against the run he's only so-so as a pass rusher, and I recall Del Rio demoted him from the starting job in preseason 2012 (ironically, making a milder form of the same criticism that got Mincey cut.) Again, unless guys are running over him it can't hurt us.

I must admit though, when Del Rio keeps signing guys from his old team it makes me think he was more than just a spectator at drafts a clueless GM thrust upon him. With that in mind, the notion of signing guys who weren't even good enough for the losing team Del Rio built in Jacksonville doesn't inspire me. Knighton's been good, but I can't help wondering if we're pushing our luck now. Again, we'll see what we've got soon enough, and it's certainly true we didn't lose much in a guy who went out with preseason injury and wasn't going to play even in rotation.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Huh. Well, reasonably likable there. Hope he can play. Pretty much a journeyman scouting report online. Originally a 6th Rd pick--so I am leery of the "tons of talent" description. Read he was so-so vs the run and lacked pass-rush moves but was very strong and high-motor. We will see. Guess they gave up nothing for him.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 12-19-2013 at 01:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Decent size. 16 sacks and 1 interception in the past 3 years. Hasn't played this season though.

Poor Wolfe. I hope he's okay.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Poor Wolfe. I hope he's okay.
    Agreed. They've left us guessing on what he might have--I wondered about meningitis. But, if so unsure why there would be so much secrecy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Decent size. 16 sacks and 1 interception in the past 3 years. Hasn't played this season though.
    I'm hoping with all the talk from outside the organization saying he can't get it done will be motivation for him to turn it on. It's one thing to be believed in by your peers, but it's another thing to be motivated because ppl call you lazy and a huge bust.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information