Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: not just the team falling apart...

Default not just the team falling apart...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24...le-high-denver

Four people were stabbed in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High following the B roncos' loss to the Chargers on Thursday night.

One person was in critical condition, Denver police said.

Multiple eye-witnesses reported seeing fights.

Denver police have multiple parties in custody, according to the department's Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Aside from the stabbings and the fights and the meltdown threads, I think people are handling the loss pretty well.

LMAO, that was good

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

If no one gets killed, stabbings are all part of the grieving process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

5. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The funny thing is that I've really turned a corner. I haven't let the Broncos upset me a single time this year, not even the terrible Pats game which in previous years would have sent me off the deep end. Even my thread tonight was more just ho-hum on my end, basically just a realization and nothing more.

One thing becomes painfully clear when you really pay attention: fans care way more than the players. I think once these guys start making money and it becomes a business it becomes so much more of a business to them. For fans it's never business and that drives us to be much more emotional about it.

I still love the Broncos and always will but now that I realize I have no sway over wins and losses I don't let them bother me. I hope they win but I'm certainly not counting on it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    The funny thing is that I've really turned a corner. I haven't let the Broncos upset me a single time this year, not even the terrible Pats game which in previous years would have sent me off the deep end. Even my thread tonight was more just ho-hum on my end, basically just a realization and nothing more.

One thing becomes painfully clear when you really pay attention: fans care way more than the players. I think once these guys start making money and it becomes a business it becomes so much more of a business to them. For fans it's never business and that drives us to be much more emotional about it.

I still love the Broncos and always will but now that I realize I have no sway over wins and losses I don't let them bother me. I hope they win but I'm certainly not counting on it.
    yeah watching players half ass it on the field and then have a game of grab-ass with the opposition after the game makes you realize the fans care more than the players.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    yeah watching players half ass it on the field and then have a game of grab-ass with the opposition after the game makes you realize the fans care more than the players.
    It's human nature. These guys didn't grow up being Bronco fans, they have no emotional attachment to the team, they're highly paid mercenaries. They play hard and they do their job and I know it means a lot to them but I think k because it's their job they are able to emotionally detach themselves better. Plus it's easier for them to process losses because they know they can affect the next game. We are at the very disadvantageous position of caring way too much for something we have no control over.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Good point. I have to take a step back and realize that feeling bad about this loss is a waste of time.

13. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

I don't think the players care less. I think they compartmentalize more, I guess. They don't think about work 24/7. I still think they care a lot. Some more and less than others. You can't tell me Peyton doesn't care or ever half asses anything.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

I will say that we got there right before the game started. I had a bad case of Diver over Thanksgiving and my recovery has been really, really slow. So I wanted to limit my time outside as much as possible so we sat down at the coin toss. Anyway a lot of people were really drunk by then as we were walking in. Now since I normally go in as soon as the gates open I don't know if this is normal. But standing in line with people that could hardly stand up just seemed like trouble waiting to happen.

Also after what I've gone through these last several weeks it really was just a game to me tonight. Started flat and never got out of that groove. But hey I still love my boys and I hope they can find a way to correct what's wrong and if not.....I'll still love them.
    Getting Stoked

I get real emotional while the game is on, once the game ends I get ovet it fairly quickly.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

there were a couple years where Rams players could care less if they lost or won. I think it changed recently when the fans stopped going to games :P

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I don't think the players care less. I think they compartmentalize more, I guess. They don't think about work 24/7. I still think they care a lot. Some more and less than others. You can't tell me Peyton doesn't care or ever half asses anything.
    This is the first loss this year that I wasn't upset. Disappointed, yes, but I felt the team deserved it with how the Defense is playing. I get we have a ton of injuries but last year they were outstanding most of the time, now everybody puts up points on us.

21. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24...le-high-denver

Four people were stabbed in the parking lot of Sports Authority Field at Mile High following the B roncos' loss to the Chargers on Thursday night.

One person was in critical condition, Denver police said.

Multiple eye-witnesses reported seeing fights.

Denver police have multiple parties in custody, according to the department's Twitter account.
    Ahhhh, yet another wonderful example of how much better society is getting as the years progress...

...and a nice little cherry on top for being a Bronco fan this week

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    fans care way more than the players.
    All very true.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information