Thread: My latest attempt to update my tech

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default My latest attempt to update my tech

The monitor of my previous laptop went out a couple of months ago, so I had to save up get a replacement laptop from a place that does repairs and sales of used laptops. My mom, who'll be out of town on Christmas, decided to get me my Christmas present early, a smart TV. I got both devices on Tuesday and have been battling with them since.

1) My smart TV is smarter than I am. So I had a friend come over last night to help me get it set up. It took that long to have him come over because I had a lot of other stuff going on all last week. Nevertheless, its working. I know have cable TV, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora & YouTube on my TV. I haven't set up Facebook because it serves no purpose until I can get an effective interface, probably something in line of a wireless keyboard, that works with my TV.

2) Before I traded my old laptop for $50 credit towards my replacement, I saved all of my personal files (45 gigs worth) on to a Seagate external hard drive that I bought back to 2007. However, my new laptop wouldn't recognize the drive. I figured that the problem must have been that my new laptop has windows 8, so I took it over my mom's who is still using Windows 7, the same OS as my previous laptop. Although I could see everything on the external, it wouldn't let me copy anything on to her drive. Nevertheless, I do have a friend whose a computer guru, so I'll see about having him help me save about 20 years worth of same material.

3) I couldn't remember what my password to this site was. I had to change all of my passwords in May when my laptop got stolen, then again about a month later when my email got hacked. I had abandoned the previous email account, which was the account that I used for this site, because spammers had so completely hijacked it and was still sending out spam in my name no matter what I changed the password to. So, I figured that it probably wouldn't be active anymore. So for the past week, the only way I've been able visit this site is with my table, which I can only do short massages with due to my need to type out lengthier post on a word processor with spelling and grammar checker, or my mom's computer. I finally decided to try and access my previous account today, and it worked. I was able to reset my password and am therefore able to do legible full length post again.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Wow. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all right now. I hope things improve.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Wow. If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all right now. I hope things improve.
    Good News: Half of all Autistics/Aspies are computer geniuses

Bad News: I'm part of the other half.

Good News: I've got a lot of Autistic/Aspie friends
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information