Thread: One of the best Football Sundays EVER

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default One of the best Football Sundays EVER

Was talking with a few people at work about how yesterday was one of the best days of football in recent memory. Lots or record breaking, crazy finishes, and of course snow! I found a pretty neat article that touches on a few highlights of this historic day. I can't remember the last time I had as much fun watching a day of football:

1. Snow! Snow! Snow!

There’s nothing better than watching football in the snow and Sunday featured multiple games played in the white stuff. The blizzard-like conditions in Philadelphia made for the best viewing experience and led to great pictures like this.

2. The wildest finish ever?

The first 57:55 of the Ravens-Vikings game featured 19 points and one lead change. The final two minutes and five seconds saw a mind-boggling 36 points and five lead changes. After the second of those touchdowns — a 41-yard rumble from Vikings back Toby Gerhart with 1:27 left — viewers assumed the Ravens couldn’t possibly match. And then there were three more touchdowns, including back-to-back scores from both teams that went for more than 70 yards

Among the wackiness from Baltimore:

• First NFL game with six lead changes in the fourth quarter.

• First NFL game with five touchdowns in the final three minutes.

3. Sunday featured the most touchdowns on any day in NFL history.

There were 90 TDs scored on Sunday and most of them weren’t even given up by the Washington Redskins special teams! A Drew Brees touchdown pass during Sunday Night Football broke the previous record of 87 touchdowns in a single day, which was set in Week 17 of last season. The only team to go without a touchdown on Sunday? The Buffalo Bills.
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/nfl-...test-day-snow/

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

I almost didn't switch to the Broncos game due to the finish of the Ravens-Vikings game. It was nuts. The snow game in Philly was epic. The ending in the NE game was heartbreaking. The Browns played so well all game that it felt like they got robbed at the end.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I almost didn't switch to the Broncos game due to the finish of the Ravens-Vikings game. It was nuts. The snow game in Philly was epic. The ending in the NE game was heartbreaking. The Browns played so well all game that it felt like they got robbed at the end.
    I didn't get to see any of that game. Was there an iffy PI call against the Browns?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I didn't get to see any of that game. Was there an iffy PI call against the Browns?
    Yup, in the endzone with something like 15 seconds left. Patriots had the ball on the 45 or 40, and got it on the 1.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Minnesota game was nuts.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

The one (minor) negative about going to the Bronco game yesterday was that I couldn't sit in my warm house and watch all of this fun unfold on RedZone. I plan on watching the end of the Ravens game because it sounds amazing. Still, too bad about the Pats win. This would have been an epic day of football had they come up short.

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

I've got the ticket. I was watching the Browns game and following the mn game. It was literally a score during the Brown's game v hit the previous button and watch a score during the mn game. Then repeat. I had to dvr the Denver game because of my son's basket ball game. There was so much jumping back and forth that I didn't know that the Denver game was even on until I watched the playback and watched the crawl. Crazy. We might have Ben late to my son's game if I had known what was happening during the Miami game.

I didn't even know that the browns had a last second field goal attempt until it showed up as an update during the Broncos game.

Greatest overall football weekend ever

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The ending in the NE game was heartbreaking. The Browns played so well all game that it felt like they got robbed at the end.
    I know you'll never convince Browns fans of this, nor fans of any other team that gets the short end of that stick, but it probably worked out better for the Browns to have that called against them. The Patriots were very likely to score anyways. Had it taken them 3 or 4 more plays to do so, then the Browns wouldn't have had a chance for that last minute drive. Nevertheless, there isn't any way of really knowing how that game would've ended if the refs would've made that bad PI call.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I know you'll never convince Browns fans of this, nor fans of any other team that gets the short end of that stick, but it probably worked out better for the Browns to have that called against them. The Patriots were very likely to score anyways. Had it taken them 3 or 4 more plays to do so, then the Browns wouldn't have had a chance for that last minute drive. Nevertheless, there isn't any way of really knowing how that game would've ended if the refs would've made that bad PI call.
    What I was thinking about was when the Browns foolishly went for two points when it was 12-0 and didn't convert. Then, it would have been 27-27 except the Patriots would have surely kicked the extra point themselves instead of going for two at the end.

I would have traded 7 yards of Prater's record-breaking FG if I could have added it to Billy Cundiff's last second try for Cleveland and then had the Ravens' receiver called out of bounds at the end instead of a TD and it would have practically the best day ever for me:

Steelers lost - check.
    Ravens lost - check.
    Patriots lost - check.
    Raiders lost - check.
    Broncos win - check.
    Lots of wild comebacks and snow - check.

I was really digging it until New England and Baltimore came back.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

13. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Absolutely. The CB touched the reciever, but it wasn't PI. Tasker was going nuts as the color guy.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Absolutely. The CB touched the reciever, but it wasn't PI. Tasker was going nuts as the color guy.
    Everyone but idiot pats fans know it was Not PI, the Browns got Robbed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Everyone but idiot pats fans know it was Not PI, the Browns got Robbed!!!
    Double negative...."idiot, Pats fans"

Simply saying 'Pats Fans' always implies idiocy...

...oh, and yes Browns got a bad call, but also blew (in true Browns late game fashion) the onside recovery.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information