Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Titans 12/08/13

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Titans 12/08/13

Broncos have Fox back now!

We can look forward to the head-scratching challenges and more wins of course!

Go Broncos!!!

2. The Following 12 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

I try to be optimistic, but this game's temps are suppose to get in the single digits. We might as well write this one up as a loss.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I have a feeling the short passing game and run game are going to play a big part tomorrow and be very effective. Big days for Ball, Moreno, and Welker? I hope so! There is nothing about the Titans offense that is scary and they have to deal with the weather, too. Should be a low scoring game that the Broncos control all day.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I have a feeling the short passing game and run game are going to play a big part tomorrow and be very effective. Big days for Ball, Moreno, and Welker? I hope so! There is nothing about the Titans offense that is scary and they have to deal with the weather, too. Should be a low scoring game that the Broncos control all day.
    Their QB is the Cerebral Assassin.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Welker needs to get in the game more. He's been invisible for the last five weeks or so.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go Broncos!!

8. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Welker needs to get in the game more. He's been invisible for the last five weeks or so.
    According to Manning's pressers teams have been double teaming him a lot as of late. Hopefully with Decker's emergence, that will open things up a little more for him. Honestly though, I think teams are more content to make Manning try to beat them deep than to let Welker just kill them over the middle all day. Before last week we hadn't really done much at all in the deep passing game.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Manning needs to step up and prove the world that he CAN play in the cold. Just win and shut all NFL analysts' mouths!

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Manning will show the cold BS is just that, complete bullshit. The D will look another week better, Champ will look better and will show what he and DRC can do as bookends, Von will be Von.

Broncos 41 Titans 16

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE tinytinz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK fitz !!!

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Denver 44
    tinytinz 13

Go 12th Man !
    Rock the House !!!

Welcome back Coach Fox !!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

The worst cold weather QB in the NFL is Ryan Fitzpatrick and has been for a long time.

Broncos- 41
    Titans- 21

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Default Go, Broncos; Go, America

How many HOME games has Manning played below freezing? Precious few, but he's nearly two years into playing in Denver, so hopefully he's adjusted, knows what to expect and how to compensate. He won't have a roaring crowd drowning it his infinite series of pre-snap audibles, and Fitzpatrick will, which makes a difference the "PFM in freezing weather" stat ignores (just as it does his 40° playoff win in KC; those guys must really hate him.) It won't be any easier for Tennessee, and they're not a good team, certainly not with Fitzpatrick.

None of that means we can phone it in, but hopefully this years Colts and last years playoff game have sufficiently demonstrated the perils of that. It's:

#19 rushing yds/att vs. #9 rushing yds allowed/att
    #19 passing yds/att vs. #19 passing yds allowed/att
    #14 passing yds allowed/att vs. #3 passing yds/att
    #14 passing yds allowed/att vs. #23 rushing yds/att

The only place they have an edge is against our running, which does make weather more of a factor, but as long as we hold onto the ball and Manning isn't just incapable of cold weather play, we should be fine if we just play our game and keep going till the whistle and gun. I wish Wolfe and Vickerson were there for the run, but they aren't; we just have to win anyway, and should.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

5 degrees is not that cold, comparatively speaking . You can play outside in it if you dress warm. After a while, you are sweating. I was in Keystone one time and it was like -25 degrees. That was so much worse than this. It hurt to have any skin exposed. 5 degrees is a heat wave

Yeah, I was sweating in that at work last year, and everytime I grabbed something from the snow it quickly melted on my gloves—and everytime I touched metal they flashfroze to it and had to be torn loose. 5 degrees is COLD, maybe not to people used to it, but it IS cold; double digits below freezing is cold. Hopefully PFM and the rest of the Broncos are used to it and the Titans aren't.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

22. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Broncos!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information