Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Thoughts about Denver vs Seattle in the Superbowl

At this point I want someone other than Seattle to win just so we don't have a vacated Super Bowl championship to go with the vacated USC "National" "Championship" a few years ago. Seriously, SEVEN guys caught juiciing in THREE years? Either we believe the NFL just happened to catch every single Seahawk who's doping, or there are more the League DIDN'T catch. Which in turn means Pete Carroll's either the unluckiest coach in history or runs a dirty program wherever he goes.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

2. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Doesn't matter if you do or not, it's about skillset and Wilson is not your typical pocket passer, he still fits the idea of an option quarterback. RGIII and Cam Newton are both option quarterbacks in offenses that while containing some option plays within are not option based and are based of pro offenses. I've watched Seattle and despite all the hoopla he still runs the offense as I would expect of any option bred quarterback...take away his mobility, take away his defense and run game and Wilson is lucky to be not considered mediocre. Not that he can not conform, Alex Smith was an option quarterback who struggled in a pro system and he's become a competent game manager, but that isn't always the case. Cunningham and McNair are perfect example of A-typical option style quarterbacks or as close to that conformed.
    All descent points, but really. You could say that about ANY quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post
    Seattle's one of those teams where when you watch them at home, you think "holy cow, this team is unreal," then they go on the road and they're down 17-3 to a bad team and you think, "What is happening right now?" They've gotten very lucky in some of their road wins, and are closer to a 3 or 4 loss team than the 1 loss team they are now.

Next year Denver plays in Seattle and I think that's going to be a super tough game, but if it's Seahawks/Broncos in the Super Bowl? I don't fear them nearly as much. They have a lot of flaws that get exposed when they're away from home.

And FWIW, they don't play in cold weather that often. It doesn't get below freezing all that often in Seattle, and snow isn't a common occurrence.
    His do you know that we play in Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    His do you know that we play in Seattle?
    14 of the 16 games are predetermined. We also play @Patriots next year.

EDIT: here's a link

http://www.denverbroncos.com/schedul...opponents.html
    Last edited by zbeg; 12-06-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

as AZ said well -- I worry too about our WR's playing tough against sherman and co. we played gritty last week and will need to keep that up to put up points and not turnovers against a very hard hitting secondary like Seattle. what a great Super Bowl that would be. I think D thomas needs to find his his inner beast. he's capable of being the best but he doesn't seem physical or angry enough to shut up/down sherman… it's a fantasy thread so gimme Easy ed and Rod with a dose of Welker or even better Stokely and I would love this match up.

I just looked over the per/att stats for a response to the BSP article on todays game, and found something disquieting:

Denver isn't 1st in passing yds/attempt; Seattle is (and Philly is second—too bad their D's merely average vs. the run AND pass.) Seattles also 1st in least yds ALLOWED/ att. Plus they're 7th in rushing yds/att, so they're actually running well, not just racking up flashy totals killing the clock in the second half (though they're doing that, too; they're 3rd in rushing yds/game.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I just looked over the per/att stats for a response to the BSP article on todays game, and found something disquieting:

Denver isn't 1st in passing yds/attempt; Seattle is (and Philly is second—too bad their D's merely average vs. the run AND pass.) Seattles also 1st in least yds ALLOWED/ att. Plus they're 7th in rushing yds/att, so they're actually running well, not just racking up flashy totals killing the clock in the second half (though they're doing that, too; they're 3rd in rushing yds/game.)
    Oh SHIT!

What will we ever do?!?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

At this point I want someone other than Seattle to win just so we don't have a vacated Super Bowl championship to go with the vacated USC "National" "Championship" a few years ago. Seriously, SEVEN guys caught juiciing in THREE years? Either we believe the NFL just happened to catch every single Seahawk who's doping, or there are more the League DIDN'T catch. Which in turn means Pete Carroll's either the unluckiest coach in history or runs a dirty program wherever he goes.
    I love that a Patriot fan high fived this post.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love that a Patriot fan high fived this post.
    I found that rather amusing as well.

12. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

What are their home/road splits? At he they're the 1985 Bears, which skews things a lot I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post
    What are their home/road splits? At he they're the 1985 Bears, which skews things a lot I would guess.
    9.2 at home, 8.6 on the road; it's a drop, but only half a yards worth: http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_...attle-seahawks
    8.9 and 8.3 for us, so they're better at home and on the road, and we're only 0.3 yds better at home than they are on the road. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/splits/_...denver-broncos

I think there's a knock on Wilson and Seattles passing because they ride Lynch so hard they're only 21st in TOTAL passing yards, but leading the NFL in yds/att is MUCH bigger, IMHO, because it's a better gauge of what they'll do if a team manages to shut down Lynch with defense or just lots of scoring: Seattle will STILL rack up yards, just through the air rather than on the ground.

Limiting Wilsons throws to the most favorable conditions whenever possible surely raises his stats and real productivity, but isn't that basically what ALL OCs try to do, one way or the other? As long as they CAN it's logical to evaluate them on how well they DO what they always ATTEMPT. Saying a team executes its gameplan well every week is a strange way to criticize its QB. The '62 Pack was 10th out of 14 in TOTAL passing yds, but did that make Starr a bad QB? Since they were tied for 2nd in yds/att, probably not; they just rarely NEEDED to pass much.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information