Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about Denver vs Seattle in the Superbowl

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    He is a legit quarterback in some aspecst, as I said a better version of what IMHO Broncos' fans thought they had in Tebow originally but never came about. But if you look down the middle with an unbiased eye, there is no way that he is considered elite nor for that matter is MVP material. He's riding the coattails of an elite defense and superb rushing offense, his numbers don't reflect that he is in anyway the cause for success in Seattle and I for one don't believe that he is up there with the likes of the other aforementioned quarterbacks, maybe you do...but I sure in the hell don't.
    I agree that he's not MVP material... But the guy has won me over. He's a playmaker and a leader. And he can throw the ball 1000% more effectively than Tebow - which makes him much less of a gimmick.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Pretend I posted a link to a youtube video of a Culture Club song from 1983 here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Pretend I posted a link to a youtube video of a Culture Club song from 1983 here.
    I was born in 1984, PAGrampa, this reference is totally lost on me.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Don't go down that street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Yuck. You are 100% correct, but I don't feel good about any matchup against probable NFC teams in a poor weather scenario.
    The good news is Seattle and (maybe) Philly are the only NFC playoff teams who play outside in the cold. The bad news is Seattle's a SCARY team. Remember when everyone questioned KC and Denvers perfect records against losing teams? Seattle beat SF and now NO by 26 pts, plus Carolina in an early close one. Their SOLE loss was @Indy when the Colts still had Reggie Wayne—Indy STILL needed a FG blocked and returned for a TD (a 10 pt play in a 6 pt loss.)

In an age when the cap and FA have made it practically impossible for teams to be strong at ALL positions, Seattle's done it anyway. They actually are good enough to skip the first half, spot someone a 21 pt lead, and win anyway in the second half (granted that was against the Bucs, but even so.) That's the exception rather than the rule for them though; right now, hoping someone they already beat does better in the playoffs looks like wishful thinking. If Seattle's weaker on the road, that only meas Carolinas loss was close instead of a beatdown.

I can't help wondering if the League's setting them up for a fall though, if they'll get to the playoffs (maybe the SB) only for the Legion of Boom to discover it's not 1970 after all and PI really is illegal. That's if all the suspensions for doping don't take them out of play first. I actually like our WRs and TEs against them, though it won't be easy. That Triangle Gruden gushed about looks nice, but needs good execution morphing into what's still basically just a LB zone with a safety deep; Welker and JT can burn those LBs IF we protect PFM better than NO protected Brees.

Seattle's still scary, and I'm not convinced our bottom 10 rushing average is enough to take pressure off Manning and our passing, even against Seattles merely average run D. Ball's running well if he can just maintain possession, but our line hasn't consistently opened holes even against KC and Indys weak run D; the only time they did really well was against NE, whose run D is awful with BOTH starting DTs out for the year. Fortunately OUR run D is good; even without Big Vick, if we handle CJ2K as well as Charles I think we can handle Lynch.

Bottom line is we must beat the best to be the best: Even a Seattle playoff loss would just put the AFC winner up against a team that did what NO ONE'S done since Christmas Eve 2011: Beat Seattle on the road. We still have to do our job to even get the chance: Win the rest to keep our hold on homefield, win both Mile High playoff games, THEN worry about Seattle (or whomever.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was born in 1984, PAGrampa, this reference is totally lost on me.
    you were born the year I graduated high school

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    We are like blood brothers or something.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

We are like blood brothers or something.
    it's weird.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

I agree that he's not MVP material... But the guy has won me over. He's a playmaker and a leader. And he can throw the ball 1000% more effectively than Tebow - which makes him much less of a gimmick.
    I just don't see it, and it has nothing to do with his height or race, I still believe Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham and Steve McNair were elite HOF quarterbacks, Cam Newton is starting to show flashes and RGIII, if he can pull his head out of his butt has the ability and tangibles to be a real threat in this league. I just don't see that level of swagger, ability and skill from Wilson who may not be as gimmicky is still a gimmick in this pass happy league. You take away that top rated defense and Seattle would be struggling to challenge in their division. As for leadership, Tebow had that leadership ability on a level that is rarely seen, but it's not enough not in the an NFL where passing the football is still the milestone, and that is why you will not hear Wilson's name in the circles of Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. Even Foles right now is a more popular quarterback then Wilson for much the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I was legal to drink in Montreal

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just don't see it, and it has nothing to do with his height or race, I still believe Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham and Steve McNair were elite HOF quarterbacks, Cam Newton is starting to show flashes and RGIII, if he can pull his head out of his butt has the ability and tangibles to be a real threat in this league. I just don't see that level of swagger, ability and skill from Wilson who may not be as gimmicky is still a gimmick in this pass happy league. You take away that top rated defense and Seattle would be struggling to challenge in their division. As for leadership, Tebow had that leadership ability on a level that is rarely seen, but it's not enough not in the an NFL where passing the football is still the milestone, and that is why you will not hear Wilson's name in the circles of Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Brees, etc. Even Foles right now is a more popular quarterback then Wilson for much the same reason.
    I completely disagree. Listen to Wilson in his interviews and press conferences. He's a guy who gets it, and I think he's got plenty of swagger, but he's also very cerebral, like Brees.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Lan, Wilson is a better QB than RGIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I used to be a critic, but Wilson is solid. I would be concerned if we had to play them.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Cane, you're usually pretty good in your assessments, but I think you're way off on this one buddy.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

It's only Wilsons second year, so we'll see; at least he's avoided the sophomore slump. He's hit 64.9% of his passes this year, has 22 TDs and just 6 Ints. As far as youthful wilting under bright playoff lights, maybe, but most rookies (and many vets) would envy his playoff performance last year: His yardage wasn't great @Washington (Lynch carried them that game) but Wilson hit 15/26 passes with a TD and didn't throw a pick, enough to get them to Atlanta, where he was 24/36 for 385 yds, 2 TDs and 1 Int in a 2 pt loss.

I admit not watching him play much apart from their road comeback against Houston (where Wilsons running was decisive) but he doesn't strike me as just another option QB: He hits his throws, and makes Golden Tate look better than he probably is. As long as running is just something that complements excellent passing, he's a legit QB, not a gimmick.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information