Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about Denver vs Seattle in the Superbowl

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

How many times have two one seeds played each other in the Super Bowl?

Twice?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    wow, still weeks to go in the regular season and then playoffs and people are already putting these teams in the superbowl? I think I will watch to see how things play out before calling any team a superbowl team.
    Who is putting these teams in the super bowl? It's a hypothetical thread. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Seattle away from home is a different team. They are also a team that goes as Wilson goes. The key is keeping him in the pocket and covering on the back end. He is a guy who has gone 8 for 19, 12 of 23, 15 of 31, 10 of 18, and 13 of 18. Don't get me wrong the kid will be a super star in this league BUT they are managing him right now. We can see sub 50% completion percentages. We see several games with less than 20 attempts. I like Seattle a lot too but I wouldn't be surprised if they lose 2 games here at the end (@SF, @NYG) and lose the #1 seed. At the end of the day it will be a good matchup but it isn't one that really worries me. SF would be a tougher match up and possibly Carolina.
    Yuck. You are 100% correct, but I don't feel good about any matchup against probable NFC teams in a poor weather scenario.
    I think it off the top 3 teams in the NFC, Seattle is the only team that is scary. Yes they are managing Wilson but if it came down to it, I think their defense could keep them in the game. I would like to see another manning brees super bowl.

It will be Denver NO.

I havent' watched much of Seattle, but did last night. they looked invincible. I was trying to imagine Decker, JT, DT, Welker, and of course Peyton against their secondary, and it could be done, I think it would depend on early turnovers. The Defense I saw last night looked exceptional. I think Theismann hit it on the hid when he mentioned that they were able to simultaneously rush and cover.

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I havent' watched much of Seattle, but did last night. they looked invincible. I was trying to imagine Decker, JT, DT, Welker, and of course Peyton against their secondary, and it could be done, I think it would depend on early turnovers. The Defense I saw last night looked exceptional. I think Theismann hit it on the hid when he mentioned that they were able to simultaneously rush and cover.
    What they don't cover or do well is what Manning does best. Also, our LBers have the speed to catch Wilson before he rattles off huge runs.

7. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

It will be Denver NO.
    If Seattle secures home-field advantage, NO will have a difficult road through Seattle. :captainobvious:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    If Seattle secures home-field advantage, NO will have a difficult road through Seattle. :captainobvious:
    not so :captainobvious: really. a very brilliant observation in fact. sometimes I think you are too hard on yourself

I also think that is a big if. Seattle on the road is a different team, they have the suspensions looming, they have been the beneficiaries of some favorable calls all year, and they still have to go to SF and at NYG. I think those could be 2 losses that keep them from the 1 seed. Even if they get the 1 seed, I think the bright lights of the PO's on Wilson will be a bit of an issue whereas it is an old hat for Brees.

I could also see Car being hot all the way through and having a Fox vs his old team SB.
    I could see us not going to the sb. Dare I say, I can see Baltimore upsetting us again in the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

With all this bull**** talk about Wilson making a case for league MVP and so on, I would love it...I want to see the Broncos knock those ****ty birds down a peg or two, Wilson is a better version of Tebow, but he is not the game changer that Manning is, could you imagine a quarterback the likes of Rivers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Rodgers or even Foles on that team? It would vault them into a complete new category.

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I could see us not going to the sb. Dare I say, I can see Baltimore upsetting us again in the playoffs.
    If Baltimore finds a way to hold on. If NE beats them when they play, they may not even make it.

13. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    With all this bull**** talk about Wilson making a case for league MVP and so on, I would love it...I want to see the Broncos knock those ****ty birds down a peg or two, Wilson is a better version of Tebow, but he is not the game changer that Manning is, could you imagine a quarterback the likes of Rivers, Luck, Brady, Brees, Rodgers or even Foles on that team? It would vault them into a complete new category.
    Russel Wilson is legit. He is no Manning - but he is worlds better than Tebow as a QB.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Russel Wilson is legit. He is no Manning - but he is worlds better than Tebow as a QB.
    yeah. I didn't know how to respond to Cane's post, but I got the impression that Wilson is pretty goo right now. He was making some real impressive throws last night, and real cool Luke at the position overall. way better than Tebow who I have seen much more of

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He is a legit quarterback in some aspecst, as I said a better version of what IMHO Broncos' fans thought they had in Tebow originally but never came about. But if you look down the middle with an unbiased eye, there is no way that he is considered elite nor for that matter is MVP material. He's riding the coattails of an elite defense and superb rushing offense, his numbers don't reflect that he is in anyway the cause for success in Seattle and I for one don't believe that he is up there with the likes of the other aforementioned quarterbacks, maybe you do...but I sure in the hell don't.

now let's all just hold on here folks. We are all entitled to our opinions

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information