Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday's Forecast

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default Sunday's Forecast

As of now the forecasted high in Denver for Sunday is 19. Just wanted to put that out there.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Peyton can go a long ways in dispelling my doubts by going ham on the Titans.

3. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

It's the Titans. We've lost two games in bad weater, in overtime, to two good teams. We better drop the hammer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Peyton can go a long ways in dispelling my doubts by going ham on the Titans.
    I'd love to see him destroy Tennessee, but even if he does to HAM and Denver blows Tennessee up, there will still be people out there that pull the "but it was the TITANS and it doesn't prove anything" card. Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I'd love to see him destroy Tennessee, but even if he does to HAM and Denver blows Tennessee up, there will still be people out there that pull the "but it was the TITANS and it doesn't prove anything" card. Joel.
    I don't care who it is against. I just want to see the same type of passes that he was making today. To me it is about Peyton vs the cold weather that I want to see.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

I don't give a f what people think or say about Peyton and cold weather. Oh, it's cold so broncos will automatically lose cuz mr. Sniffles will make the ball hard.

They will see come playoffs. They will see.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I don't give a f what people think or say about Peyton and cold weather. Oh, it's cold so broncos will automatically lose cuz mr. Sniffles will make the ball hard.

They will see come playoffs. They will see.
    It would be an easier argument Under, if Manning hadn't shown himself to struggle not only in dismal weather conditions but in the playoffs as well. Two separate monkeys on his back which he has to exorcize himself with the help of his teammates...just as Elway had to do when it came to winning the Super Bowl. I think it will be fine in the end, but there is an argument there for or against, I don't think any of us want him to fail, but are pessimistic because he has done so far too much for some of us to be completely at ease.

10. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    As of now the forecasted high in Denver for Sunday is 19. Just wanted to put that out there.
    It's Global Warming! (tm)
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

12. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

SR

Actually a good thing I think. This will be well below freezing game #2 on the year, experience and getting familiar with what we can and can not do in the cold will be big time come January (and maybe February).
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    It would be an easier argument Under, if Manning hadn't shown himself to struggle not only in dismal weather conditions but in the playoffs as well. Two separate monkeys on his back which he has to exorcize himself with the help of his teammates...just as Elway had to do when it came to winning the Super Bowl. I think it will be fine in the end, but there is an argument there for or against, I don't think any of us want him to fail, but are pessimistic because he has done so far too much for some of us to be completely at ease.

I just think it is a dumb argument. How many Qbs do really well in the cold? I bet most all of QBs numbers dip a bit. To my best memory brady, big ben, and eli are the only QBs to have won consistently in the playoffs. All other Qbs- flacco,rodgers, rivers, brees, Romo, Matt ryan, Russell wilson, Capernick- have as many or less superbowl wins than manning. So unless we say ALL QBs aside from Brady, Ben and Eli cant win in the cold I find it a very weak and stupid argument. It, to me, has the relevance of saying manning cant win if the field is painted with green lettering.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The only thing that's going to dispel the 'Manning can't win in cold weather' perception is a super bowl win this season.

peyton was wearing a fitted glove on his passing hand yesterday. not sure what that was all about

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    peyton was wearing a fitted glove on his passing hand yesterday. not sure what that was all about
    Did it last year and has done it he last three games this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The only thing that's going to dispel the 'Manning can't win in cold weather' perception is a super bowl win this season.
    For a lot of people, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I just think it is a dumb argument. How many Qbs do really well in the cold? I bet most all of QBs numbers dip a bit. To my best memory brady, big ben, and eli are the only QBs to have won consistently in the playoffs. All other Qbs- flacco,rodgers, rivers, brees, Romo, Matt ryan, Russell wilson, Capernick- have as many or less superbowl wins than manning. So unless we say ALL QBs aside from Brady, Ben and Eli cant win in the cold I find it a very weak and stupid argument. It, to me, has the relevance of saying manning cant win if the field is painted with green lettering.
    How many have had nerve damage? Given how he played in the Balt playoff game (no deep passes) and again against NE last week, I think it is a very valid concern. One I hope he gets rid of this week against Tennessee.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information