Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Montee Ball

Anyone who wants to criticise Moreno's play yesterday wasn't paying attention. Screen passes, huge runs when needed, blocking, all on a BONE BRUISE was beastly. He had one gaffe where he missed his block but still managed to get Manning to shovel pass and picked up positive yards.

If you want to criticise Moreno, criticise those freaky lids and 1 litre drainage.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Anyone who wants to criticise Moreno's play yesterday wasn't paying attention. Screen passes, huge runs when needed, blocking, all on a BONE BRUISE was beastly. He had one gaffe where he missed his block but still managed to get Manning to shovel pass and picked up positive yards.

If you want to criticise Moreno, criticise those freaky lids and 1 litre drainage.
    He might have had a rough game between the tackles, but he did have close to seventy yards receiving on 3 receptions. He still had a good day at the office, gimpy ankle and all.

4. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I don't think they're the best, but yes, they are on paper. They're still better than Detroit, IMO.

KC does a good job of using Berry the way he was used in college.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForgettingBrandonMarshall View Post
    It looked like Berry was playing LB most of the game. Our Oline could not block him when he blitzed. In hindsight though, they could have used him more over the top with all the deep balls we were killing them with.

Can't believe he is scared of horses though. What a *****!!
    Kansas City was playing a 4-1-6 with three safeties. Berry was in the box and Quentin Demps and Kendrick Lewis were in two-high.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I really just want to see what Joel has to say
    why? I've been under the impression that you don't think too much of Joel's posts. Are you trying to get some type of response, are you gloating??? Isn't that trolling?

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post

why? I've been under the impression that you don't think too much of Joel's posts. Are you trying to get some type of response, are you gloating??? Isn't that trolling?
    Uh oh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Speardog View Post
    Moreno was running during these times as well and was not getting any yards. I think Ball is much quicker. He probably has fresher legs as well.
    True, upon a second view of the game, courtesy of NFL Rewind, they both ran
    much at the same time. But, as others here have pointed out, Moreno was
    playing on a gimpy ankle. The camera trained on his ankle at one point, and I
    thought they were showing Peyton's ankles. So Ball had better have been
    quicker, or something would have been wrong with Ball.

And KC was geared up initially to stop the run before Peyton started to
    scorch them with his passing. There just were no holes in the first quarter.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

When Moreno got zero or negative yards, it rarely mattered. I'm not sure about every single play, but this is the way it seemed from memory.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I got a good laugh from that. My buddy and I were JUST talking about how much water came out of his eyes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

In a thread yesterday I suggested the Broncos give the ball to Ball more to let him get some carries and regain his confidence. His reply was that it was preposterous to tinker with the offense like that because Ball can't produce RIGHT NOW, or something to that effect. So, I just wanted to hear what he had to say in regards to the Broncos giving Ball the football more yesterday and having a heck of a day.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    True, upon a second view of the game, courtesy of NFL Rewind, they both ran
    much at the same time. But, as others here have pointed out, Moreno was
    playing on a gimpy ankle. The camera trained on his ankle at one point, and I
    thought they were showing Peyton's ankles. So Ball had better have been
    quicker, or something would have been wrong with Ball.

And KC was geared up initially to stop the run before Peyton started to
    scorch them with his passing. There just were no holes in the first quarter.
    They were showing Peyton's ankles...they corrected themselves.

I expect Ball to get an increased workload these next 4 games. It will help Moreno heal and rest and give Ball the experience he needs. Come playoff time having two proficient RB's that are fresh and dangerous will go a long way.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

I expect Ball to get an increased workload these next 4 games. It will help Moreno heal and rest and give Ball the experience he needs. Come playoff time having two proficient RB's that are fresh and dangerous will go a long way.
    what happened to Moreno?

what happened to Moreno?
    The Bone bruise. You can tell he was still hobbled by it. It was affecting him. Chances are he received a shot before the game. If we can still notice it with the shot, then chances are he is playing through an immense amount of pain. Even without the injury I would still think the Broncos would work Ball more in these 4 as Moreno was run like crazy in the last 4. The team will be immensely better if they have 2 RB's they trust completely.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

The Bone bruise. You can tell he was still hobbled by it. It was affecting him. Chances are he received a shot before the game. If we can still notice it with the shot, then chances are he is playing through an immense amount of pain. Even without the injury I would still think the Broncos would work Ball more in these 4 as Moreno was run like crazy in the last 4. The team will be immensely better if they have 2 RB's they trust completely.
    oh that's right. damn, it's amazing how quickly I forget things. that sounds immensely painful, but can't say I've ever heard of such a thing, not that it doesn't exist of course. I was bummed that Wolfe was inactive, hope that turns out to be nothing too serious. but we seem to be deep. it would definilty be nice to have some healthy backs goint into the post season, without a doubt. hope montee can carry the load for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Strange that Moreno couldn't get it going on the ground but Ball was unstoppable. I'm so happy to see him finally break out like that.
    Moreno couldnt get it going? He crawled for a first down!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information