Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Montee Ball

I am going to pick him up on FA and probably start both him and Moreno next week.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    To be fair, the Chiefs came out obviously determined to stop Denver's running
    game. Ball got a lot of his carries after Peyton loosened them up.

Moreno was running during these times as well and was not getting any yards. I think Ball is much quicker. He probably has fresher legs as well.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Captain Speardog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    He got tackled in the backfield too much. I thought the KC Def expected Moreno to run and not M. Ball.
    You may be onto something, though our line let Moreno get hit in the backfield his whole career till this September (I still say that's why he danced so much and got the reputation for "fragility" shared with McGahee, though McGahee had injury issues in Baltimore.) Maybe he expects it now; Ball lacks that negative experience. The bone bruise surely didn't help though, no.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I really just want to see what Joel has to say
    Said it in the Gameday Thread, but can repeat: I stand by my original comment that I want SOMEONE to step up and show Moreno's not our only legit back; don't care WHO. Someone MUST be that guy; that's why Ball got promoted after Hillmans fumbles and Anderson got playing time after Balls. Ball crushed it today (his average was a jaw-dropping 9 yds) and didn't turn it over, so I got what I wanted and you got what you wanted. The two aren't mutually exclusive (really.) If he keeps it up, we've got our one-two punch; just don't put it on the ground next week.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Ball was 'due' methinks...

...personally, I'm A-Okay with him getting hot as Denver starts the playoff push here...

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    You may be onto something, though our line let Moreno get hit in the backfield his whole career till this September (I still say that's why he danced so much and got the reputation for "fragility" shared with McGahee, though McGahee had injury issues in Baltimore.) Maybe he expects it now; Ball lacks that negative experience. The bone bruise surely didn't help though, no. Said it in the Gameday Thread, but can repeat: I stand by my original comment that I want SOMEONE to step up and show Moreno's not our only legit back; don't care WHO. Someone MUST be that guy; that's why Ball got promoted after Hillmans fumbles and Anderson got playing time after Balls. Ball crushed it today (his average was a jaw-dropping 9 yds) and didn't turn it over, so I got what I wanted and you got what you wanted. The two aren't mutually exclusive (really.) If he keeps it up, we've got our one-two punch; just don't put it on the ground next week.
    You must be a great dancer
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Strange that Moreno couldn't get it going on the ground but Ball was unstoppable. I'm so happy to see him finally break out like that.
    Moreno went back to just charging into the backs of his blockers again last night. Sometimes Moreno looks pretty good and other's you wonder if he even looks where he is going or just plows forward regardless of whether there is a hole there or not.

First game, Ball had 2 TDs. This game he had over 100 yards. This is probably the best defense in the NFL. Lacy just had 10 carries for 16 yards against Detroit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    Moreno went back to just charging into the backs of his blockers again last night. Sometimes Moreno looks pretty good and other's you wonder if he even looks where he is going or just plows forward regardless of whether there is a hole there or not.
    Not Moreno's fault the offensive line didn't open holes for him.

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    First game, Ball had 2 TDs. This game he had over 100 yards. This is probably the best defense in the NFL. Lacy just had 10 carries for 16 yards against Detroit.
    I disagree. Chiefs defense is a bunch of paper tigers. OK, so they aren't THAT bad...but they aren't the No. 1, best ever since the Ravens defense that they were billed to be.

That said, Ball had an awesome day. Ran hard and had two big runs to complement that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I just learned that compliment and complement have different uses. That kind of makes me feel stupid
    Free Hotcarl!

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    Not Moreno's fault the offensive line didn't open holes for him.
    I was at the game and you're right! Both backs ran into heavy traffic, Ball was just able to bounce out a few times. Moreno did a great job in the passing game (blocking/receiving), especially on his slant catch

Moreno still looks a little gimpy to me. I think they probably should have given more of the work load to Ball.

18. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

I disagree. Chiefs defense is a bunch of paper tigers. OK, so they aren't THAT bad...but they aren't the No. 1, best ever since the Ravens defense that they were billed to be.

That said, Ball had an awesome day. Ran hard and had two big runs to complement that.
    I don't think they're the best, but yes, they are on paper. They're still better than Detroit, IMO.

KC does a good job of using Berry the way he was used in college.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I don't think they're the best, but yes, they are on paper. They're still better than Detroit, IMO.

KC does a good job of using Berry the way he was used in college.
    It looked like Berry was playing LB most of the game. Our Oline could not block him when he blitzed. In hindsight though, they could have used him more over the top with all the deep balls we were killing them with.

Can't believe he is scared of horses though. What a *****!!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Moreno has been great this season but all that grinding takes a toll. I'm happy to have a fresh backup, plus Ball *ought* to be comfortable playing in the cold having played at Wisconsin.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

22. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information