Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: False start on new deal for disgruntled Broncos receiver Marshall

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I LOVE Royal.. love him. But I think he's working on being an elite #2 and not a #1. Having Marshall on the other side will make Royal HUGE... not having him and putting someone like Gaffney, will make things very difficult in the long run for Royal. Sure he'll have his big games.

But this offense has struggled without Marshall in the lineup. I know I know.. you guys are going to say "but its only pre-season." "we haven't even played a game yet." I seem to rmember people saying that EXACT same defense about our DL LAST pre-season as we watched it get blown off the line.

As of right now.. our offense has stuttered without Marshall in the lineup. His presence makes things a LOT LOT easier for the rest of the receivers, and will make it a LOT easier on Orton.... and orton needs that.
    I cant disagree with any of this except that I think Royal is more than capable of being a #1. but, he only has one season under his belt, so none of us can really tell. We'll see soon enough.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

addai wasn't big...Tomlinson isn't big. The steelers didn't have a big back last year. Philly didn't have. Peterson is only 217
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:

addai wasn't big...Tomlinson isn't big. The steelers didn't have a big back last year. Philly didn't have. Peterson is only 217
    Parker might be 200 dripping wet.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Parker might be 200 dripping wet.
    with his shoes filled with rocks
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

yes sorry I forgot to add the comment but they were also talking about OLINE being bulky also..

and they did talk about the weather in the northern cities being a huge factor also..

I don't have any faith in Marshall the person to keep out of trouble, and to be honest I'm not convinced Marshall the player is 100% and is going to be the same player he was. I suspect and hope McDaniels feels the same way.
    I am Khan

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Kaylore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    I don't have any faith in Marshall the person to keep out of trouble, and to be honest I'm not convinced Marshall the player is 100% and is going to be the same player he was. I suspect and hope McDaniels feels the same way.
    I remember Marshall's continually repeating, "I'm a good person." That gave
    me concerns at that time. Before one can assay to change one's character,
    one must see oneself for what one is. I hope his reaching out to Rod Smith is
    a sign of that because if a change does not take place inside, then we will
    not see one from without.

I do believe, from what I have heard and read, Marshall is fully recovered,
    physically. Let's hope he gets it right between the ears . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

10. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Orton's plasma

we need to be honest and just admit that this team needs Marshall. It does.
    and all those trade talks that got his crap picks or players has to have BM admit that it is better to play out his contract without any Flava Clown crap tied to it and see where he improves at the end of the season. He does.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would like to see our WR in question go without getting into any trouble off the field. Everybody wants something and right now the Broncos want a reliable WR who has a tendency to get into trouble off the field which effects what happens on the field. Denying what is in front of you will not make it go away just because said player has skills on the field.
    Well, I'd love to see him stay out of trouble as well.

Problem is that he's in his last year with us and without some sort of extension, he won't have another offseason to try to prove he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    so your saying Robinson was not a good DC, that did not have a clue about defenses?

Just need to clarify that. that he was who you were talking about..

IIRC he moved on to SEA after him and mike argued about players or something who knows for sure.. then we hired Rhodes IIRC and then coyer and bates and then slowitt..

but I could be wrong a out the sequence..

I am not revising history..in that regard..

Not denigrating your HOF coach merely calling a spade a spade.. he was great as an OC beyond that he showed me not much without a long list of HOF players and a few more that should be.. he won alot of games no doubt but Squeaking by on the late rallies by John and Jake or on the toe of Jason for many of them well It did not do it for me.

yes I know a win is a win to most.. but there are WINS and then there are wins..

but mike had a lot of LOSSES also.. he also had a lot of losses in trap games..

and please do not argue that everyone does because I expect more out of a "HOF" than you might..

Not sure about what you meant about finding ways to denigrate him merely stated facts IF I have mis quoted or mis stated something please show me where I have.. Because i have pretty throughly looked at stats over the years and believe I am correct..
    Yes, I was speaking about Robinson.

Robinson went on to KC after Denver, lost his job there as well. He's on his third college team now (I had to look for that part... didn't know he managed to find another job after being run out of town twice).

You're thinking of Rhodes who left for SEA after disagreeing with Shanny over something.

Regardless, you didn't comment on the Defense that Shanny helped put together that got us to a win of the Superbowl. If he's at fault for the bad times, he deserves credit for the good ones. He didn't inherit that team, he built it.

As for HOF coaches... find me the ones that are going to the HOF without any HOF players. Seriously. I won't steal Rav's rant on it... but if you are good enough as a coach to have a HOF career, you had HOF players along the way.

Oh... and If you're not trying to denigrate the man or the coach, JR... don't use phrases like "we did not have a coaching staff that knew elbows from little fingers". That's not a stat... nor have I mis stated or mis quoted you. That was what you said, and it was a denigrating remark. You could even say inflammatory. (i.e. meant to garner an inflamed response)
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Stupid idea to give him an extension.

I LOVE Royal.. love him. But I think he's working on being an elite #2 and not a #1. Having Marshall on the other side will make Royal HUGE... not having him and putting someone like Gaffney, will make things very difficult in the long run for Royal. Sure he'll have his big games.

But this offense has struggled without Marshall in the lineup. I know I know.. you guys are going to say "but its only pre-season." "we haven't even played a game yet." I seem to rmember people saying that EXACT same defense about our DL LAST pre-season as we watched it get blown off the line.

As of right now.. our offense has stuttered without Marshall in the lineup. His presence makes things a LOT LOT easier for the rest of the receivers, and will make it a LOT easier on Orton.... and orton needs that.

Not sure what you're arguing, rav...

...you act as thought BM hasn't rejoined the team, and is playing nicey-nice.

LMAO...

...keep this up and we might have to start talking about your boi, cutler, again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by rcsodak View Post

Not sure what you're arguing, rav...

...you act as thought BM hasn't rejoined the team, and is playing nicey-nice.

LMAO...

...keep this up and we might have to start talking about your boi, cutler, again.
    Well, the thread IS about an extension for Marshall....
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

16. The Following User High Fived LordTrychon For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I would like to see our WR in question go without getting into any trouble off the field. Everybody wants something and right now the Broncos want a reliable WR who has a tendency to get into trouble off the field which effects what happens on the field. Denying what is in front of you will not make it go away just because said player has skills on the field.

I'm not as concerned for the image of the BRONCOS (though I would like good character players) as I am the effects to the BRONCOS by troubled players. Besides this, like Kaylore said, no one knows if he is still the same player on the field as he once was because he fails to be on the field and prove himself.

18. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information