Thread: APNewsBreak: Ex-NHLers sue league on concussions

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default APNewsBreak: Ex-NHLers sue league on concussions

WASHINGTON—Ten former National Hockey League players, including All-Star defenseman Gary Leeman, claimed in a class-action lawsuit that the league hasn't done enough to protect players from concussions.

The lawsuit seeks damages and court-approved, NHL-sponsored medical monitoring for the players' brain trauma and/or injuries, which they blame on their NHL careers. It was filed in federal court in Washington on behalf of players who retired on or before February 14 of this year and have suffered such injuries.

The suit comes just three months after the National Football League agreed to pay $765 million to settle lawsuits from thousands of former players who developed dementia or other concussion-related health problems—and in an era when more attention is being paid to the damages of head injuries sustained in sports.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ue-concussions

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Like the NFL, it's time for the NHL to 'evolve' and start eliminating some of these acts that are consistently resulting in significant injuries...

...absolutely keep the sport tough and physical ...

...eliminating fighting and blindside & 'high' hits - with REAL suspensions and fines, not the BS in place now - is a good place to start...

I'm an old-school guy, too, so if I can change my way of thinking, so can you NHL...

...and I don't think droves of fans will abandon the sport because of that either...

...you did that yourself NHL through a couple of dumbass strikes years past.

JMO...

(...thx for posting, Carol ...)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

They could start by banning ice, I suppose.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information