Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Injured Reserve, Designated to Return

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Injured Reserve, Designated to Return

Does anybody know if the 8 weeks includes byes?
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

That's how it worked for McGahee last season, iirc, he was injured in the 10th and was eligible to return in AFCC Game.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. Default

Each week of the season/post season counts as a week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

So we could get Rahim Moore back in the AFCCG if we make it that far.
    In Elway We Trust

Why are teams only allowed to give one player the DTR tag? I hope someday that limit will be dropped.
    Bronco: The best horse in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown Denver View Post
    Why are teams only allowed to give one player the DTR tag? I hope someday that limit will be dropped.
    So that it's not exploited to increase the roster size. I could put 12 people on that designation and keep 12 extra people on the roster.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    So that it's not exploited to increase the roster size. I could put 12 people on that designation and keep 12 extra people on the roster.
    Maybe they should do a one-year experiment with a five-player limit to see if general managers are really that stupid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Question, TD:

Do you purposely change your font when you post? It's kind of annoying because it's a bit smaller and more condensed than the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Question, TD:

Do you purposely change your font when you post? It's kind of annoying because it's a bit smaller and more condensed than the standard.
    Is this size better?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Is this size better?
    I hope my post didn't come off as overly critical - I was just curious why you'd change the font on your posts.

Yes - that is much better, or you can simply use the standard font unless you're trying to make a specific point like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I hope my post didn't come off as overly critical - I was just curious why you'd change the font on your posts.

Yes - that is much better, or you can simply use the standard font unless you're trying to make a specific point like this.
    It's OK. I don't mind using the standard font. Arial 2 is the standard on Jacksonville's message board.

Maybe they should do a one-year experiment with a five-player limit to see if general managers are really that stupid.
    Stupid? It's not stupid if they are playing within the rules, and THAT is the point. They don't want teams to have the ability to increase their roster size.... period. There is no need for an "experimental" season.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Stupid? It's not stupid if they are playing within the rules, and THAT is the point. They don't want teams to have the ability to increase their roster size.... period. There is no need for an "experimental" season.
    OK maybe stupid is the wrong word, but if allowing a team to give more than one player the DTR tag would have that effect, the reason is general managers don't think carefully before using it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OK maybe stupid is the wrong word, but if allowing a team to give more than one player the DTR tag would have that effect, the reason is general managers don't think carefully before using it.
    Huh?

Increasing the number of players on the list would make it easier who to decide to put on it and they'd automatically use that before using anything else, so of course they'd stockpile players there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Huh?

Increasing the number of players on the list would make it easier who to decide to put on it and they'd automatically use that before using anything else, so of course they'd stockpile players there.
    Former Jaguars GM Gene Smith stockpiled players on injured reserve all four years (2009-2012) he had that job. It would have been nice if there was a limit for players a team can put on IR without the tag.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information