View Poll Results: Gun to your head, pick one!

Voters
54. This poll is closed
  • Steve Atwater

10 18.52%
  • Terrell Davis

36 66.67%
  • John Lynch

0 0%
  • Karl Mecklenburg

8 14.81%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HOF: Atwater, Davis, Lynch, or Mecklenburg

Default HOF: Atwater, Davis, Lynch, or Mecklenburg

Who deserves it most now? Gun to your head......pick one!

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

You know my vote.

3. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Pull the trigger. I like em all but I'm partial towards Atwater...and maybe Karl Meck....and definitely Davis...but I like Lynch too...BANG!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just pull the trigger. I can't (won't) decide between those Broncos greats.

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Davis comes first.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

Terrell Davis

NFL MVP and Superbowl MVP…2 Superbowl rings…2000 yard season

Then, Atwater

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

A bit tough but i think that Lynch will go in as a Buc so its kind of irrelevant for Bronco fans really. LOVED LOVED Atwater and highly respected Meck but i think at the end of the day in that list it has to go to Davis.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Atwater or Davis it doesn't matter which.

13. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

I think it's a shame TD isn't in the hall. And its embarrassing that Atwater isn't there. But I think TD will get there first because of the commentating and since he is a "analyst" he is gonna get exposure. That helps boost some guys to get em in...I still cannot believe Martin got in before him.

15. The Following User High Fived Salutethis For This Post:

Atwater should go over lynch,
    kyle "the fainting goat" orton!
    Josh McDinkieDoink McDaniels
    Greatest HC QB Duo, starring in "MY OFFENSE IS OFFENSIVE"

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived broken12 For This Post:

I'm with MO on this one, TD comes first.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm going with Mecklenberg. He wouldn't have been drafted in today's seven-round draft and he (with Joe Collier's help) pioneered the trend today of defenders who line up all over the field in order to screw up blocking schemes. He'd play ILB, DE, NT and OLB and would line up on the left side or the right side and force teams to find him and then account for him which was one secret behind the success of Denver's D in the 80s.

I have a fondness for pioneers - guys who not only were great players but changed the game with their impact.

Davis will certainly get his due and Atwater had a great career. Lynch, was just a guy while he was in Denver. He might have been special in Tampa but I always thought part of his media rep was just because he played well on defense and was white.

(off topic but you ever notice how NFL defenses are probably 85% African-American but the media still features mostly white guys - Matthews, Watt, Urlacher - or Samoans like Polamalu? Ray Lewis was the one black NFL defender who constantly appeared in national ads and mostly as a mean, menacing guy.)
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

(off topic but you ever notice how NFL defenses are probably 85% African-American but the media still features mostly white guys - Matthews, Watt, Urlacher - or Samoans like Polamalu? Ray Lewis was the one black NFL defender who constantly appeared in national ads and mostly as a mean, menacing guy.)
    Really? Ray Lewis portrayed HIMSELF as a mean, menacing guy. The media slobbered all over him even while he was in the court system for I don't know, being an accessory to murder. Ed Reed, Patrick Willis, Revis Island, Patrick Peterson, Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Richard Sherman, all black, all featured and adored by the media. Don't know what you are talking about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Every one of those guys deserves to be in the hall before Curtis My Favorite Martian.
    What a joke the HOF is.

Nice to see there are three guys who were drafted by the Broncos and played their entire careers in Denver who made the semi-finalists list.

(Except the cup of coffee that Atwater had with the Jets)

Rod Woodson on NFL network last night seems to think both Atwater and Lynch will get in, maybe not this year, but that they would get in. Said Davis should get the same consideration that Gayle Sayers got because he dominated when he played, and because of what he did in the post season.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information