Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Camera shows a stoic Manning during Chefs game

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    I think he finally realized how big his forehead really is
    Sort of like when Tom Brady realized he has a vagina.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Sort of like when Tom Brady realized he has a vagina.
    You're supposed to call him gay, don't you read slim's posts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miles

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    You're supposed to call him gay, don't you read slim's posts?
    I was under the impression he was lesbo?
    The best powder is pure, dry, light fluffy Colorado powder!

I think he is managing his breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Constipation.
    I would think that prune juice is prescribed routinely, now wether or not he complies, that's another situation

you guys, read threads backwards. like read what the last poster responds to and then move to the previous post, etc. It's a trip

Quote Originally Posted by powderaddict View Post
    Fox and JDR have very little to do with the offensive side of the ball. Peyton often calls and audibles into run plays if he feels it's the best option with what the defense is showing. The offense has been very effective and aggressive this year, I'd have a difficult time calling this year's offense conservative.

It seemed to me that Manning/Gase & Company felt like they didn't need to run up the score to win, could keep the pass rushers honest by committing to the running game, and stuck with that game plan. It kept Manning shiny and clean.
    On the flip side, watching Smith throw it over 40 times was pretty amusing
    It's also amusing to watch fans celebrate PFM as a brilliant perfectionist field general all week—then spend all of each games raising Hell about our DEFENSIVE coaches calling horrible OFFENSIVE plays. Head coaches must know the whole game well to get and keep their jobs, but they all specialized on the way up; growing up in the NFL with two other pro QBs in his immediate family, Manning's probably forgotten more about offense than Fox will ever know. That's not a slam on Fox; he'll always be the guy who decides where to go for it on 4th down—but I bet PFM calls most plays even then.

News flash: Peyton Manning likes to run, for the same reason as Lombardi, Landry and so many others—even Dan Reeves (who threw a halfback pass for a TD in the Ice Bowl.) Turnovers are several times less common, there's usually at least a minimal gain, and it makes for long drives that tire opposing defenses, rest ones own and frustrate opposing offenses, all while the clock keeps running like it doesn't on incomplete passes. Run to establish the pass, then take the kill shot when they load the box to stop you, and salt away wins running the ball and spending their time outs.

It's not to be confused with predictably monotonous Martyball; offenses must mix it up enough to keep the D guessing. It's more a matter of playing percentages. What's interesting about our offense this year is we tend not to have DRIVES so much as PLAYS: We pass for conversions and/or scores (either directly or just by getting in range;) otherwise we're at least as willing to run as pass. If our running game were still as effective as in the first month I'd be thrilled, because that's EXACTLY how I want offenses to operate. We need to be more productive withour rushing attempts though, or defense won't honor it.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Probably wondering why the refs were letting the Chiefs manhandle his receivers with little to no penalty while letting the Chiefs WR push our DB to the ground and catching a touchdown at the same time.
    Last edited by weazel; 11-18-2013 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Probably wondering why the refs were letting the Chiefs manhandle his receivers with little to no penalty for doing so while letting the Chiefs WR push our DB to the ground and catching a touchdown at the same time.
    C'mon, man, I've complained as much as anyone about refs not flagging DBs for mugging our receivers, but they called it tight on both secondaries last night. That's all I ask: Make every call the same way for BOTH teams. Whether they call everything or "let 'em play," the best teams will adjust and remain the best teams as long as all calls are fair and impartial. For the most part, they were Sunday night. Both secondaries got flagged (a lot; remember 1st and G at the Chiefs 0.5 yd line?) and, while the pushoff TD was bad, I recall NO Offensive PI flags on EITHER team (and we've been tagged a bunch for that this year.)
    Last edited by Joel; 11-18-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Peyton is super emotional on the field, I don't know what you guys are talking about.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If the same refs who called the KC game called the Indy game, it would have been more even.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information