Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Broncos Will Expose The Chiefs Overrated Defense

If the Chefs pass rush get's to Manning like the Colts and Chargers did, they may not be all that suspect...

...all Denver's defense needs to do is take away the Chefs run game and put the ball in Smith's hands and he will fold...

...we don't even need to sack him a bunch, just consistent pressure and make him (try) to beat us throwing the ball.

...my money says he cant.

JMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    If the Chefs pass rush get's to Manning like the Colts and Chargers did, they may not be all that suspect...

...all Denver's defense needs to do is take away the Chefs run game and put the ball in Smith's hands and he will fold...

...we don't even need to sack him a bunch, just consistent pressure and make him (try) to beat us throwing the ball.

...my money says he cant.

JMO...
    No argument, but we MUST prevent turnovers, and that means blocking. Which is also what we need for Moreno and Ball/Anderson to exploit that weak run D so KC can't just tee off on Manning. Bring on the TEs.

Do that and, no, their offense won't beat our D; it's too one-dimensional and we're too good against the run with Knighton and Vickerson in the middle bookended by Wolfe and Phillips/Ayers.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    great post. The Chiefs are so overrated. They're doing what the Colts did last year. Play an unbelievably easy schedule because they were the worst team in the league the year before.
    That's not really fair; maybe KC has a soft schedule, but it's not because of their record: That only determines TWO of their games (Buffalo and Cleveland where we have NE and Indy.) Otherwise they play exactly the same teams we do; whether that's a weak, average or strong schedule, it's the same for both of us, and they're a game better. Granted, that's because we lost to and they haven't played Indy, but it's not because of their 2012 record: NEITHER of us has beaten a winning team, so they're as much or little pretenders as we are.

Realistically, I doubt the Chiefs are 7 wins better than last year, but I didn't think they were 5 games worse than the previous year then. Their 7-9 record in 2011 is probably more representative than either their current record OR last years. Of course, since 2011 we've only beaten 2 winning teams ourselves, and one of them beat us a month later in the playoff rematch. On record, we and they are equally con/pretenders.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

QBS THE CHEFS have faced:

GABBERT
    ROMO
    VICK
    ELI
    FITZPATRICK
    PRYOR
    KEENUM
    CAMPBELL
    TUEL

ROMO threw for 298

CAMPBELL 293

Fitz, Pryor, Keenum, Tuel, Romo, and Campbell passed for more yards than Smith.

I dont think this means to take them lightly......this is the NFL afterall.......but I do think I like our chances.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

5. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information