Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Broncos Next Three Games (KC, NE, KC)

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Only thing I worry about is Manning getting hit by KC's pass rush too much? KC has bad offense and NE has no defense, and WR who lead league is drops

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Ya, Im worried about Manning getting pounded by the chiefs on every play and the refs not calling it. He will break down over time if he keeps getting hit. There are a lot of games left...possibly 11 more games including the super bowl.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Some may disagree with you Joel, but I find your almost unwaveringly robotic persistence refreshing.
    Until/unless there's something to alter a position taken on a mountain of previous data it can't change. I was surprised but convinced our run and pass blocking was much improved the first month, but once we lost our starting tackles the Swiss cheese line returned, and since Clady's gone for the year that won't change at LT. The best we can hope is that none of our GUARDS go out, else it's The Bionic Kuper or a scrub C.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Ya, Im worried about Manning getting pounded by the chiefs on every play and the refs not calling it. He will break down over time if he keeps getting hit. There are a lot of games left...possibly 11 more games including the super bowl.
    If we don't get better protection and the refs don't call hits on PFM like they do on RGIII and Luck we won't have to worry about those 11 games, because Manning won't last long enough to get us to a SB.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Only thing I worry about is Manning getting hit by KC's pass rush too much? KC has bad offense and NE has no defense, and WR who lead league is drops
    New Englands D is much better this year, though they've been banged up recently (and a season ending injury to the anchor of their 3-4 definitely hurt.) There's a reason their only two losses are an OT division game and a road game against division-leading Cincy. Their receivers suck and their RBs are mediocre, but so far it hasn't mattered much, because they're 6th in points allowed. They ARE 26th in run D and missing Wilfork though, and KC's 24th; these next three games are an opportunity for Moreno, Ball, Anderson or SOME RB to step up—IF we block for them.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Totally agree...pass protection must improve if 1) Denver is going to be successful against playoff caliber teams, and 2) Denver wants Manning in one-piece the rest of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Chiefs would like to knock Manning out of the game. They are already saying they intend to pound the crap out of him

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Totally agree...pass protection must improve if 1) Denver is going to be successful against playoff caliber teams, and 2) Denver wants Manning in one-piece the rest of the season.
    Blocking in general. If we could (successfully) run more we could pass less, meaning less risk to PFM and less teams pinning their ears back and charging him like they're up by 20 at the end of the fourth quarter. And when WE'RE nursing a late lead we won't have to punt and give opponents a shot at a Hail Mary (like our LAST playoff game) or pass for first downs while defenders dive at PFMs sore ankles (like last WEEK.)

One dimenional teams don't win SBs. Even Flacco had to find a way to at least briefly be more than useless before Baltimore could win a title, even with the NFL handing Stabby McGee a going away Ring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The Broncos got a home game in 97 as the 4 Seed, that home game is invaluable. They'd have to go on the road throughout this time as the 5, which is difficult.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Peyton has a plan.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information