Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Implemented: Mile High Salute System

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    LOL, I forgot to implement the "Tned Overrides." I'll take care of that now
    T....

fcspikeit had a point.

There was a limit on CPs over at the other place because they had a point value. They didn't want posters to be able to stack the deck with anyone.

However, ours don't carry any point value. Because of that, there's no reason to have to "spread" them around before giving to someone again.

Just something to consider after the trial period is over.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    T....

fcspikeit had a point.

There was a limit on CPs over at the other place because they had a point value. They didn't want posters to be able to stack the deck with anyone.

However, ours don't carry any point value. Because of that, there's no reason to have to "spread" them around before giving to someone again.

If I remember, it was voted on almost unanimously by the advisory board, but I do think it is something that can/should be reconsidered and will be curious what other feedback we have on the limits. Do others see them as worthless without there being points, or do they still like them because there is more thought that has to go into who you give a salute to, because of the limit. That's the kind of feedback the board needs to consider when deciding how to proceed after the trial period.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    T....

fcspikeit had a point.

I went and checked, and while I won't reveal who voted which way, the votes on the limits were 5-4 on having a daily limit, but 7-2 on requiring the spread of salutes to other people before going back to someone you already gave a salute to.

So, since the daily limit is something that barely got voted in, if we get feedback from members saying that they don't like it, then I imagine that is something that could change on a subsequant vote.

Think the best thing to do is when someone comments on it during thread to redirect the comment to the thread in question like you did to spike it.

When is is time to debate it and vote again it will be easier to do so.

Many of our thoughts and votes were based on our experiences on other forums.. Most of us wanted to stay as far away from being like them as we could.

Beating ourselves up/second guessing it for the next 25 days or so on what is right or wrong does not fix it or help.

I for one use them as mini pm's gives a chance to say something without a full blown PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I agree with Jr as using them as mini PM's - therefore - yeah e should prolly limit the daily amount a person can give I dont think it matters about spreading it around since there are no points

And I like the fact its no points (contrary to some peoples belief) I just like to give them to someone as a private "great post" some newer people dont realize that during the old days of BM - before points - if you quoted someone and said "great post" you were criticized for

A. being a suck up

or

B. trying to up your post count by posting only two words

I personally got sick of that and is why i enjoy the CP system
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Ricky Guest

I am new here, but no afraid to voice an opinion. There will always be people who will pad their post counts thinking it makes them look smarter than they really are. But this seems like a good way to tell a person their post was worth while for me to read without it looking like I am a total suck up is great. By the way great site!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I am new here, but no afraid to voice an opinion. There will always be people who will pad their post counts thinking it makes them look smarter than they really are. But this seems like a good way to tell a person their post was worth while for me to read without it looking like I am a total suck up is great. By the way great site!
    Glad to hear you aren't shy about jumping in and sharing your opinion. Thanks for the input on the system.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stupid idea

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    If I remember, it was voted on almost unanimously by the advisory board, but I do think it is something that can/should be reconsidered and will be curious what other feedback we have on the limits. Do others see them as worthless without there being points, or do they still like them because there is more thought that has to go into who you give a salute to, because of the limit. That's the kind of feedback the board needs to consider when deciding how to proceed after the trial period.

It's not that they are worthless without the points, but having a limit on something that has no value seems odd.

That's like saying that you should limit how many compliments you give to your co-workers. Even though it likely has no real impact on them.
    What shall we do with all this useless beauty?

As I've received (and gave) my first MHS, here is my comment...

It's great to be able to personnaly thank someone for a good post...

I don't think we need bars & levels or rewards that have put some other boards in troubles and turned away the spirit of the system.

Thank you Admins ! (some French champagne is available at the Café )

Froggy's back !

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    As I've received (and gave) my first MHS, here is my comment...
    Thanks for the feedback, it is much appreciated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I didn't read through the whole thread to see if this has been asked...but do we still have to spread around the Salutes to 10 different people before we can give one to the same person?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information