Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Implemented: Mile High Salute System

Default Implemented: Mile High Salute System

BroncosForums.com launches the Mile High Salute system.

The Mile High Salute system allows posters to salute posts that they feel are worthy of special recognition. To give a post a “Mile High Salute”, you simply click the salute button in the upper right of any post, which is located to the right of the post number. I popup box will appear and give you the opportunity to enter a brief message, which only the author of the post will see. While the use of the Mile High Salute system is optional, it provides a method for you to salute or thank those posters that are contributing to the BroncosForums.com community.

The Mile High Salute system is initially being implemented as a 30 day trial. During that time, the Advisory Board will listen to feedback by the community and evaluate the system. At the end of the trial period, the Advisory Board will decide whether to continue the system on a permanent basis, make modifications to the system, or discontinue the system.

To learn more about the Mile High Salute system, and to see answers to specific questions, click on the FAQ link to the right of the User CP link.

Please post any questions or comments you have in this thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

So.. there are no levels or rewards? what's with the bars though?

Do the comments and stuff show up in my user CP?
    I'll have to keep a look out foor it.
    It seems like a cool thing though.

@Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

If you dont get any of course you cant see them

Umm if I cant be admired for my bars or respected for my post count I dont see the point

Ive gotten 3 already and have to shamelessly post this so people will know

j/k - so far so good
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
    So.. there are no levels or rewards? what's with the bars though?
    There is just that one bar, which represents 0 points, since it is not colored. Since no points are given, no more bars will appear.

Correct, there are no levels or rewards. At this time, it has been decided by the Advisory Board that the levels and rewards led to many of the problems we have seen with other 'reward/recognition' systems.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

Yep, they show up in your User CP underdeath any posts that you have subscribed to.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Question that I haven't seen an answer for is...is there a daily limit I can send??

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Question that I haven't seen an answer for is...is there a daily limit I can send??
    Great question, we missed that in the FAQ. There is a daily limit of 10 and you must spread around to 5 people between salutes to the same person. I will get that added to the FAQ tomorrow.

A BIG to Tned for all the time and effort he has put into this forum and in this Mile High Salute portion it has taken hours of his time to make it happen.

umm i dont subscribe to any threads, atleast i dont think i do. How would i then be able to view such a thing, if i were to recieve such a thing, if i do not subscribe to such a thing?

Or is it just the way the thing works?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    umm i dont subscribe to any threads, atleast i dont think i do. How would i then be able to view such a thing, if i were to recieve such a thing, if i do not subscribe to such a thing?

Or is it just the way the thing works?
    You don't have to subscribe to any threads to see the Salutes you have received. I was only describing where they are located.

To see your Mile High Salutes, click on the "User CP" link, which is towards the top/left of every page. That will bring you into your User Control Panel. The Mile High Salutes you have received will be in the center of that page.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stupid idea

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Great question, we missed that in the FAQ. There is a daily limit of 10 and you must spread around to 5 people between salutes to the same person. I will get that added to the FAQ tomorrow.
    If they are not worth any points, then I don't understand why there are restrictions.

I know at other Vbulletin based boards, where vcash or similar thinsg are used, limits are in place to make sure that fake accounts can't bet set up to boost levels of user who actually care about those sorts of things.

But if no points are attached to it, then limits don't inherently have a purpose........do they?
    What shall we do with all this useless beauty?

Quote Originally Posted by cpr940 View Post
    If they are not worth any points, then I don't understand why there are restrictions.

I know at other Vbulletin based boards, where vcash or similar thinsg are used, limits are in place to make sure that fake accounts can't bet set up to boost levels of user who actually care about those sorts of things.

But if no points are attached to it, then limits don't inherently have a purpose........do they?
    The advisory board discussed the pros and cons and decided that even though there are no points/statuses tied to it, that limiting them should still be done. Even without points, having limits and spread require people to think a bit more about who they give them to, thereby making them a little more special then if they could give a Salute to every post they read.

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    The advisory board discussed the pros and cons and decided that even though there are no points/statuses tied to it, that limiting them should still be done. Even without points, having limits and spread require people to think a bit more about who they give them to, thereby making them a little more special then if they could give a Salute to every post they read.
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Tnedator again"

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Tnedator again"

LOL, I forgot to implement the "Tned Overrides." I'll take care of that now

Sweet! I like the no bars/rewards...I never used CPS for that, I used them to give little messages to people. Good job guys!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information