Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Orton tests injured right index finger at practice

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Someone mentioned the ineptness of KO.
    I didn't mention it, but I would like to high-five the person that did.

Yet they did not see the team move down the field all preseason and struggle in tht red zone.
    We didn't see that??? I saw that

Pretty much the same thing we have seen the past ten years or so.

The IRONY of it all.
    THats not irony. It seems you are trying to suggest that it would be irony because people didn't complain about previous players if/when they struggled in the red-zone. Funny enough, people complained about that as well. So no irony at all.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    there....that was'nt so hard. nice take on the fact that we just dont know.
    we also have no idea if cutler could have handled the system.
    that is the whole deal in a nutshell,maybe orton would have won one of the last 3 games last year had he been a bronco?
    its all ifs and maybe's right now,i just refuse to put my efforts into beleving orton can never be any good when he has had the same starting experience as cutler and both are young and virtually unproven qb's.history has not decided either's fate yet.
    but the fact remains that orton is a bronco and cutler is a bear....and no amount of crying about it will change that fact.
    i like that orton has handled trying to fill the great ones shoes without throwing any team mates,coaches or fans under the bus.
    and he seems to just be trying to get better everyday....thats all i expect as a fan and he has my vote until he goes out and looks like the crappy qb so many believe he is on gameday.
    in fact i will give him the entire season and if he can lead the team to a .500 record with this brutal schedule,then i will say he did a great job.
    if not ...oh well there is no proving any other qb could have done it either.
    anyway again i'm sorry if i offended you,i realize we are all a bit edgy after a difficult offseason. but we are only days away from bronco's football.
    and i look forward to seeing our team put all the changes to the test.
    we have had 3 years...or 10 depending on your outlook,of dissappointment and i for one am looking forward to seeing if our new players and coaches can get us moving in the right direction.

i tend to be a rather objective poster and belive it or not there are only 3 things i dont like about this team right now.

1. JOE ELLIS!!!!
    2. HOW WE LOOK AT DRAFT VALUE
    3. KYLE ORTON AS OUR STARTER

the rest im stoked about, in fact im excited for the season, and hopefully kyles ineptness makes MCD go back to a strong ground game and defense, with bradny or simms taking it home rather than this air it up spread throw 30 times a game for 5-7 yds BS that doesnt win games that matter, just ask the patriots who got stomped by defense in the SB as well as arizona. i love our new direction and many of the new philosphies

but i refuse to belive kyle is the man the orginization says he is after what i have seen up close, and that some mistakes havent been made in a big way....Joe ellis and draft value being 2 big ones in my eyes for starters
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

4. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    i tend to be a rather objective poster and belive it or not there are only 3 things i dont like about this team right now.

1. JOE ELLIS!!!!
    2. HOW WE LOOK AT DRAFT VALUE
    3. KYLE ORTON AS OUR STARTER

the rest im stoked about, in fact im excited for the season, and hopefully kyles ineptness makes MCD go back to a strong ground game and defense, with bradny or simms taking it home rather than this air it up spread throw 30 times a game for 5-7 yds BS that doesnt win games that matter, just ask the patriots who got stomped by defense in the SB as well as arizona. i love our new direction and many of the new philosphies

but i refuse to belive kyle is the man the orginization says he is after what i have seen up close, and that some mistakes havent been made in a big way....Joe ellis and draft value being 2 big ones in my eyes for starters

did you see a different game than I did..

the NYG DL was not going to be denied and they could have had LT and AP in the back field and they would not have been able to run on them either..

having a good balance is good but it does not override a superb DL..

Draft value?

I hope your not thinking drafting like mike has as your base line..

drafting bodies that are not going to be on the squad come regular season or carrying the mope for a couple of year hoping they are going to make it.. I can rattle off 7-8 #1's and 2's that were total wastes..

as far as drafting I see nothing that I would not have done differently or better.. and Joe Ellis does not draft players he is the money man..

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

did you see a different game than I did..

the NYG DL was not going to be denied and they could have had LT and AP in the back field and they would not have been able to run on them either..

having a good balance is good but it does not override a superb DL..

Draft value?

I hope your not thinking drafting like mike has as your base line..

drafting bodies that are not going to be on the squad come regular season or carrying the mope for a couple of year hoping they are going to make it.. I can rattle off 7-8 #1's and 2's that were total wastes..

as far as drafting I see nothing that I would not have done differently or better.. and Joe Ellis does not draft players he is the money man..

.....the point is Kyle being a savior like cassel or brady just aint gonna happen in my opinion(of which im entitled to) we dont need it a strong run game and defense can do the trick, read everything not just waht you wanna turn it into.....

Draft value was horrible....you dont trade for a blocking TE the way we did, you certainly dont trade for alphonso smith like we did....as a couple examples. I like the players but there is a reason all the paid draftniks knocked the value and thats becasue it didnt make sense. the point i was making here is our draft value was off period....i never said anything about mikey so get you panties undone and chill with that BS. i didnt even knock MCd, i just stated the value our draft i didnt like.

and i know joe ellis doesnt draft, stop being lame.....Joe ellis sucks for this orginization and has for sometime....you dont have to like the why, but i certainly have every right to put it down on a free message board with out you playing fan police becasue it goes against what you think....

you and i sometimes have battles, but i respect you.....please dont knock my opinion simply becasue it differs from yours....

i responded because a poster complained about cutler yet, the post about cutler were started by people clamoring to let the cutler issue go(we call that hypocrisy)....i explained i like this team, and its direction and philosphies and that include MCD as a coach, so the little play on my words is not apprecieated....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

7. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

.....the point is Kyle being a savior like Cassell or Brady just ain't gonna happen in my opinion(of which I'm entitled to) we dint need it a strong run game and defense can do the trick, read everything not just what you wanna turn it into.....

Draft value was horrible....you dint trade for a blocking TE the way we did, you certainly dint trade for alphonso smith like we did....as a couple examples. I like the players but there is a reason all the paid draftniks knocked the value and thats becasue it didnt make sense. the point i was making here is our draft value was off period....i never said anything about mikey so get you panties undone and chill with that BS. i didnt even knock MCd, i just stated the value our draft i didnt like.

and i know joe ellis doesnt draft, stop being lame.....Joe ellis sucks for this orginization and has for sometime....you dont have to like the why, but i certainly have every right to put it down on a free message board with out you playing fan police becasue it goes against what you think....

you and i sometimes have battles, but i respect you.....please dont knock my opinion simply becasue it differs from yours....

i responded because a poster complained about cutler yet, the post about cutler were started by people clamoring to let the cutler issue go(we call that hypocrisy)....i explained i like this team, and its direction and philosphies and that include MCD as a coach, so the little play on my words is not apprecieated....

once again and this is my last comment on it..

Josh had his draft board stack for the player he felt we needed, to make this a better team.. if he felt we needed a blocking TE who can say he was wrong.. perhaps he was thinking that Grahams salary cap numbers were to high and wanted to have leverage for 1/3 of his money.. perhaps he did not see Tony S abilities on film and it took till after the draft and when they got int OTA's and mini camps to appreciate his skill sets the same goes for Hillis..
    both IIRC were floated for trade value as the scheme he uses did not utilizes a humongous RB/FB type nor did it have use to a catching TE..

Since we do not know FOR SURE why he did what he did it is his job to find the talent he thought was necessary at the time..

I suspect if he had the draft been after mini camps and OTA's perhaps his drafts would have had a different priority.. and from what I have seen he has adapted plays into the "scheme" to take advantage of their skill sets..

I do not know how you felt about mike during his drafts but I know he reached more than most did for players he was in love with .. for instance no one can ever justify drafting a one handed WR in the second round like he did Watts and great kid that played his heart out but not second rounder probably a UDFA at best..

Josh made a comment during/after the draft that really hit home with me.. It makes no sense in bringing in someone that does not fit into the system and after interviews and workouts we thought they would not make it out of camp or words to that effect.. in other words no sense in drafting someone that will not make the team..

as for Joe Ellis not sure what he has done other than do the final interview Josh for a job, that could make you dislike the guy.. none of our coaches or GM report to him but they all report Pat unless I missed a change in status..

I believe he is the financial guy in the organization that tells Pat how much money they have in the bank and how much the rest can spend.... I suspect he has Pat trust and vice versa as he is one of the few that did not get purged..

I never understood this "but thats what he thought was best for the team" reasoning for defending what is to believed a bad or weak draft. "thats the player he had ranked higher."

Well.. no kidding. That excuse can be said for EVERY PERSON ever that has drafted. Thats the point of drafting..... to get the players YOU think make the team better. Why is it, that somehow that excuse "excuses" anything??? Isn't that what we are criticizing? Not only do teams go after players that are best, but aren't we supposed to get them with proper value?

People have stated that "if we knew Davis was as good as he was, we would have drafted him in the 1st round." No we wouldn't have. Not if we knew we could get him in the 6th.

As an example, lets say our team was in need of a FB. That doesn't mean I want to see our team go and draft a FB in the first round simply because we know he's going to 'make the team.' You may say the example an exaggerated silly one... it is. But it makes the point.

VALUE is what has been the complaint.... NOT the player themselves. Why is that so hard to understand?? If we win 5-6 games this year, do we think that corner we traded for is a top 7-10 pick??? Thats what we would be paying for him.

EVEN if you want to believe these kids were the right choice (the TE and CB), is that the KIND of value you would wish for our coaches to continue??
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I never understood this "but thats what he thought was best for the team" reasoning for defending what is to believed a bad or weak draft. "thats the player he had ranked higher."

Well.. no kidding. That excuse can be said for EVERY PERSON ever that has drafted. Thats the point of drafting..... to get the players YOU think make the team better. Why is it, that somehow that excuse "excuses" anything??? Isn't that what we are criticizing? Not only do teams go after players that are best, but aren't we supposed to get them with proper value?

People have stated that "if we knew Davis was as good as he was, we would have drafted him in the 1st round." No we wouldn't have. Not if we knew we could get him in the 6th.

As an example, lets say our team was in need of a FB. That doesn't mean I want to see our team go and draft a FB in the first round simply because we know he's going to 'make the team.' You may say the example an exaggerated silly one... it is. But it makes the point.

VALUE is what has been the complaint.... NOT the player themselves. Why is that so hard to understand?? If we win 5-6 games this year, do we think that corner we traded for is a top 7-10 pick??? Thats what we would be paying for him.

EVEN if you want to believe these kids were the right choice (the TE and CB), is that the KIND of value you would wish for our coaches to continue??

EXActly...great post RAV...i hated the value which was bad period! but i like the players

As for mikes drafting JR-----I hated that even more.....

and JR......joe ellis is pat bowlens right hand man and watchdog.....and he sucks at it......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

EXActly...great post RAV...i hated the value which was bad period! but i like the players

As for mikes drafting JR-----I hated that even more.....

and JR......joe ellis is pat bowlens right hand man and watchdog.....and he sucks at it......
    So if you like the players and you hated mikes drafting. Why are you so doom and gloom.

As for Ellis he is doing his Fudicary responsiblity for Pat as his CFO.

If Pat trusts him I do not see the issue. Pat wanted Josh and Ellis did the final interview as far as I know and I suspect you know that is all we know about him.

Not sure why you thought it necessary to go to the dark side.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

So if you like the players and you hated mikes drafting. Why are you so doom and gloom.

As for Ellis he is doing his Fudicary responsiblity for Pat as his CFO.

If Pat trusts him I do not see the issue. Pat wanted Josh and Ellis did the final interview as far as I know and I suspect you know that is all we know about him.

Not sure why you thought it necessary to go to the dark side.
    im not doom and gloom, but i refuse to give a pass to everything in the orginization my objectivity prevents it. there are a few things i dont like, and its not doom and gloom its just how it is to me....there is no darkside. im stoked for the season. but i am upset about some things end of story....

im not on hear preaching the sky is falling. i dont like kyle orton and prefer chris simms and tom brandy...this doesnt mean the sky is falling either...especially since i have written quite a few things about the season being good and what i expect....hell i expect a better record than you do. does that mean you think the sky is falling???

i am by no means calling this stuff or this org wack, or going to the darkside as you put it. but i can also understand why guys like rav, link and mtn man are pissed. not becasue i agree completely with them, but becasue i can objectively understand some shit was jacked this offseason....

doesnt mean i think the season will be a dud or shit wont fix itself, but i listed 3 things i had a problem with thats it, pretty damn good for a fan if you ask me. i just never have and never will wear orange colored glasses 24/7 becasue i tend to look t things from both sides.

some might cal it a chracter flaw here and if thats the case so be it...dont bother me. but many people here are getting ridiculed for having a non mainstream opinion with some of you guys and its def getting old....this aint even about cutler anymore

just my 2 cents.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information