Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Orton tests injured right index finger at practice

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    wow a great article about how our starting qb is healing fast and seems ready to start with the team in the opener.....a long overdue update on how brandon marshall is practicing hard with a great attitude and "should" be ready to go as well against cincy.
    and people (who shall remain un-named) turn this into a "gee i wish we still had cutler thread in minutes.....PATHETIC !
    can we please make a thread for whiny babies who have a man-crush on the bears qb?
    It was an anti voldermort comment that derailed the thread just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    He'll be fine.

His turnover ratio is better than he-who-shall-not-be-named.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

odd that it was MO to bring it back to Cutler.....
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tom Nalen

Good to hear that in any case we should at least have one of our #1 or #2 QBs ready to go. I don't have too high hopes for Orton but it will be nice to have a slow-but-steady QB who just gets the job done. I'll miss JC's creativity but his attitude will not be missed. As far as Marshall goes the ball is firmly in his court now. If he wants to be a Bronco for the forseeable he has to act like it. Even off his game he's a quality WR and could be the difference on Sunday - and could do a lot to make Orton look a hell of a lot better also.

6. The Following User High Fived chris_rabz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

what purpose could it possibly serve to turn every thread about orton (or almost every thread about the team) into a discussion about whether or not orton can fill cutlers shoes?
    it has been hashed,bashed and rehashed and people have theie opinions ,that doesnt mean every other thread should be a place where fans ,like myself, who have moved on should have to read people bashing our current qb.....yes?
    Tell me what purpose does it to attack other posters?

I don't see bashing in saying that Orton was traded for Cutler.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;741192]The quicker people realize that this team is directly tied to that trade, and although it gets tiring,

my point exactly !
    and the quicker people realize jay is no longer a bronco and therefore has little to do with our team NOW.
    look, i understand the anger,i was a huge fan of cutlers until he asked to be traded.....but thats the one fact most anti-orton people refuse to admit.
    cutler did not want to play for the broncos anymore and orton is excited and ready to give it his best shot.
    so why would i (or anyone else for that matter)care how many picks and fumbles cutler had vs orton?IT DOES'NT MATTER!
    what matters is orton's finger is healing well and brandon is back with the team and practicing hard and both should be ready to go on sunday.....right?
    like it or not orton got the most reps with the #1's and therefore is the logical choice to start and gives us the best chance to come out of cincy with a W......plain and simple,and has absolutely nothing to do with what the bears are doing !

[QUOTE=T.K.O. (team kyle orton);741230]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The quicker people realize that this team is directly tied to that trade, and although it gets tiring,

my point exactly !
    and the quicker people realize jay is no longer a bronco and therefore has little to do with our team NOW.
    look, i understand the anger,i was a huge fan of cutlers until he asked to be traded.....but thats the one fact most anti-orton people refuse to admit.
    cutler did not want to play for the broncos anymore and orton is excited and ready to give it his best shot.
    so why would i (or anyone else for that matter)care how many picks and fumbles cutler had vs orton?IT DOES'NT MATTER!
    what matters is orton's finger is healing well and brandon is back with the team and practicing hard and both should be ready to go on sunday.....right?
    like it or not orton got the most reps with the #1's and therefore is the logical choice to start and gives us the best chance to come out of cincy with a W......plain and simple,and has absolutely nothing to do with what the bears are doing !

you obviously didn't read the very part of the quote you highlighted if you think thats "exactly" what you are saying.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

this thread had much more to do about kyles finger, his readiness, and his errors as a qb many of us see very clearly, than it did jay cutler.....MB and now you have decided to make this more about cutler than the ones you are calling out.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Tell me what purpose does it to attack other posters?

I don't see bashing in saying that Orton was traded for Cutler.
    i was merely saying there should be a "special "place for those who cant get over cutler.maybe i worded it wrong ,but c'mon you have to see my side as well.
    what good does it do to sit around and mope about what is now ancient history? JAY is gone and he never loved you. he split and said we were'nt very good fans anyway (and dont give me the ...he meant the practice crowd was bigger)
    he stuck the knife in and twisted it !!!!!!!
    so i could care less if he throws 50 td's and 1 pick this season HE PLAYS FOR THE TEAM HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR NOW!

anyway i'm sorry if you counted yourself among the people i refferred to as whiny babies....i dont really consider that bashing and name calling.just a behavioral observation....and i think we should have a whole thread for people to get it out of their systems like a....
    "i miss jay sooooooooooo much" thread or a" kyle sucks and will never replace jay in my heart " thread.
    and leave the positive outlook on the broncos threads alone! imho

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

i was merely saying there should be a "special "place for those who cant get over cutler.maybe i worded it wrong ,but c'mon you have to see my side as well.
    what good does it do to sit around and mope about what is now ancient history? JAY is gone and he never loved you. he split and said we were'nt very good fans anyway (and dont give me the ...he meant the practice crowd was bigger)
    he stuck the knife in and twisted it !!!!!!!
    so i could care less if he throws 50 td's and 1 pick this season HE PLAYS FOR THE TEAM HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR NOW!

anyway i'm sorry if you counted yourself among the people i refferred to as whiny babies....i dont really consider that bashing and name calling.just a behavioral observation....and i think we should have a whole thread for people to get it out of their systems like a....
    "i miss jay sooooooooooo much" thread or a" kyle sucks and will never replace jay in my heart " thread.
    and leave the positive outlook on the broncos threads alone! imho

what about kyle will never be the same talent at qb cutler is, not because i love and miss jay and cnat get over it, but because kyle has shown complete ineptness running our offense so far...maybe you would realize its not about jay anymore but about how kyle hasnt shown the fans crap......

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    what about kyle will never be the same talent at qb cutler is, not because i love and miss jay and cnat get over it, but because kyle has shown complete ineptness running our offense so far...maybe you would realize its not about jay anymore but about how kyle hasnt shown the fans crap......
    uhhh....dude the season hasnt started yet....pass it on

i'm going to go find a thread where people are'nt bashing our starting qb...mmmmmkay.
    wish me luck !

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

i'm going to go find a thread where people are'nt bashing our starting qb...mmmmmkay.
    wish me luck !
    and kyle could very well be the next joe montana in this system as much as chris baker can be the next vince wilfork, problem is people like to go off what they see, not always blind speculation...at least i do. and so far i have seen kyle is a crappy Qb in this system, he could change that, but is it really suprising people that many dont want kyle as our starting qb after the preseason.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

wish me luck
    !
    after his preseason your gonna need it

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

17. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    and kyle could very well be the next joe montana in this system as much as chris baker can be the next vince wilfork, problem is people like to go off what they see, not always blind speculation...at least i do. and so far i have seen kyle is a crappy Qb in this system, he could change that, but is it really suprising people that many dont want kyle as our starting qb after the preseason.
    there....that was'nt so hard. nice take on the fact that we just dont know.
    we also have no idea if cutler could have handled the system.
    that is the whole deal in a nutshell,maybe orton would have won one of the last 3 games last year had he been a bronco?
    its all ifs and maybe's right now,i just refuse to put my efforts into beleving orton can never be any good when he has had the same starting experience as cutler and both are young and virtually unproven qb's.history has not decided either's fate yet.
    but the fact remains that orton is a bronco and cutler is a bear....and no amount of crying about it will change that fact.
    i like that orton has handled trying to fill the great ones shoes without throwing any team mates,coaches or fans under the bus.
    and he seems to just be trying to get better everyday....thats all i expect as a fan and he has my vote until he goes out and looks like the crappy qb so many believe he is on gameday.
    in fact i will give him the entire season and if he can lead the team to a .500 record with this brutal schedule,then i will say he did a great job.
    if not ...oh well there is no proving any other qb could have done it either.
    anyway again i'm sorry if i offended you,i realize we are all a bit edgy after a difficult offseason. but we are only days away from bronco's football.
    and i look forward to seeing our team put all the changes to the test.
    we have had 3 years...or 10 depending on your outlook,of dissappointment and i for one am looking forward to seeing if our new players and coaches can get us moving in the right direction.

Someone mentioned the ineptness of KO.

Yet they did not see the team move down the field all preseason and struggle in tht red zone.

Pretty much the same thing we have seen the past ten years or so.

The IRONY of it all.

At least so far it has happened in games that do not count.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    TD-INT sure...but if you count fumbles...it may be ALOT closer
    No, it's still not close.

Counting Passing TDs, rushing TDs, INTs, and fumbles lost, Orton has more TOs than TDs and Cutler has many more TDs than TOs.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information