Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: San Diego Chargers????

Doomed

2. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Am I the only one thinking it weird that we're just three days away from the next game and no-one on this board is talking about it?

We are on the road, without our Head Coach for the first time, coming off a bye with several players nicked up who might or might not play, and might or might not be effective if they do.

BTW, Phillip Rivers looks as good as he has in the last 3 years, and we have statistically one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

I would predict that we win the game, but this isn't going to be some cake-walk. Thoughts?
    I think it will be a close game. I could see it being as close as the Dallas game but not nearly as high scoring. I think our defense is playing better than they were then and the Chargers D is better than the Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Chargers are really a tough team to figure out. I base my useless prediction of Broncos domination over them based simply on my opinion that we are a superior team in all phases, but then I look at their season and just scratch my head. I mean... what the hell? You beat the Colts and lose to the Raiders? They have lost a lot of close games though, but still its hard to tell if they are over or underachieving at this point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	3770

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miles

Go ahead and throw previous defensive rankings and statistics out the window. Von may not be putting up gaudy stats, but the defense has been so much better and much more effective since he and Woodyard have returned.

Indy and Washington scored the bulk of their points off of poorly positioned turnovers. I think Von is going to terrorize that team. DRC and Harris will do their part, and that defense cannot stop this offense. Unless the team completely shoots themselves in the foot with terrible turnovers, the Broncos should dictate their will in this game.
    The best powder is pure, dry, light fluffy Colorado powder!

McCoy knows Denver. Denver knows McCoy. Edge Manning.

At the start of the year, I predicted my Bolts would win a total of 3 games, so I'm already ahead of the game. The D is very bad and I can see Peyton destroying them, with at least 5 TD's. In my weekly pool, I am picking the Broncos to not only win, but to cover as well.

I would love to see them win, but I just don't think it is going to happen. Either way, it's still football and I'm going to enjoy it. Good luck.
    NL
    Gimme some footyball, please!

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived NorthernLights For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Am I the only one thinking it weird that we're just three days away from the next game and no-one on this board is talking about it?

We are on the road, without our Head Coach for the first time, coming off a bye with several players nicked up who might or might not play, and might or might not be effective if they do.

BTW, Phillip Rivers looks as good as he has in the last 3 years, and we have statistically one of the worst pass defenses in the league.

I would predict that we win the game, but this isn't going to be some cake-walk. Thoughts?
    I don't know, I just am not worried about the game. It seems like Denver should win it in a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Statistics can fool you, sometimes. True, the Broncos' defense is ranked 30th in
    yards and 24th in TDs given up. But they are also ranked 29th in passing
    attempts, which means they had more passes attempted against them that
    28 other teams in the league. KC, for instance, is 17th in that category.

What this means is that Denver isn't the best in the league, but it also does
    not qualify as one of the worst. I attribute all those passing yards much to
    the blowouts, which are common to the Broncos this year. The only really
    tight games were Dallas and Indy, and they were essentially shootouts.

All this was in the absences of Von, Woody, and Champ. Now, the Broncos
    will have at least Von and Woody back, and we saw against the Redskins
    what the defense can do with them in the lineup.

San Diego has a decent passing offense but a less than mediocre rushing
    offense. Against Denver's #1 rushing defense, that will render SD one
    dimensional on offense, tailor made with Denver's rejuvenated pass rush.

Denver, on the other hand, brings its #1 ranked offense into the game,
    and that's not just passing. SD's #23 ranked rushing defense just might
    have a long game against Moreno & co.

I smell another blowout.
    All valid points and Denver's defense is getting healthier and better. I know everyone loves Nacho. I love his aggressiveness and tackling but he has not done well in pass coverage and when he went out last week and Adams came in the defense got better. Adams is also a terrific leader. I hope Nacho comes back but Adams continues to see some plays at safety.

12. The Following User High Fived Captain Speardog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Look at last year's game. Denver at San Diego in October 2012. The score was 0-24 in the first half. Broncos roared back in the second half and won this game on Monday Night Football. 35-24!

Broncos will have a blowout win this Sunday! They have lost to the Washington Redskins (Semi-Mediocre team) ... So, there!

GO BRONCOS!

Statistics can fool you, sometimes. True, the Broncos' defense is ranked 30th in

I smell another blowout.
    Additionally, I believe the Broncos are #1 in passes defended.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Either way...whether it be a blowout by the BRONCOS or by 3 points in double OT, the W is what matters. Though, a blowout would be great.

16. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I smell another blowout.
    Blowout's pushing it, IMHO, especially in the first game with our interim coach AND coming off the bye; it's hard to imagine things won't be at least a little unsettled at the start. The Bolts aren't a BAD team, though it's unclear they're a GOOD one either; they did run all over the Colts to take an early lead never surrendered, though our run D is MUCH better than Indys (whose isn't?) We SHOULD win, but there are plenty of uncertainties heading into this game, like whether our D can perform as well as it did against Washington and Indy despite the DC having to manage the rest of the team and the defensive HCs absence.

One thing to note: Our #1 offense IS primarily just passing, at least since injuries at tackle crippled our line; we're only 17th in rushing offense, just below average, and that's DESPITE all those blowouts encouraging us to run in the second half to protect the ball and kill the clock (though, to be fair, we haven't always done that with second half leads, and thus threw the 'Skins more picks than we should've.)

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    The Chargers definitely have a chance in this game. The real question, in my mind, is whether the defense can get to Rivers and be as aggressive as they were against the Redskins. RG3 missed a bunch of throws including a wide open TD, so I don't know if we can pat ourselves on the back just yet for our defensive efforts. But they can't stop all of our weapons (their secondary is terrible, from what I've seen) and unless we're looking ahead to the Chiefs, we should pull it out. I hope. I'll be nervous about all of these games for the next month, at least.
    Truthfully, I'd like to beat this team easily, but not demoralize them too much. We need them to help out against the Chiefs in a few weeks
    This is where I am: The brutal month ahead of us could make or break our season, clinching the AFCW and setting up playoff homefield if we do very well, but possibly risking ANY playoff berth if we do very poorly. We need the Bolts to beat KC, but it won't matter unless WE beat THEM; drop Sundays game and we could be all but out of the division race unless we beat NE on the road AND sweep KC (either of those will be hard; doing BOTH seems impossible.) Our first path to the division title is sweeping KC; failing that, plan B is to split and get the next tiebreak (i.e. division record,) but that requires we beat SD more than KC does.

And lurking right in the middle of that is a road game in NE, where a loss would put us TWO games behind KC even if we split with them AND beat SD. Don't assume Indy will beat KC, too; SD beat Indy playing EXACTLY the way KCs offense plays EVERY game, despite a much weaker D and having to rotate second rate backs because they don't have anyone like Jamaal Charles. Historically, Robert Mathis has been the kind of DE/OLB who's a lot better against guys like Manning than guys like Charles, or even Kaepernick when he tucks it away to run.

The next month or so (we host SD two weeks after the Arrowhead game) is crucial, and it starts with tough a division game on the road in our first game without our head coach. We still can't really be sure what we've got; yes, we're 7-1, but if Dallas hadn't eked out a win against the awful Vikings NONE of the teams we've beaten would have a winning record. Much like last year, when we went 2-3 against winning teams, and one of the ones we did beat returned the favor in the playoffs. Our defense is key now, especially against SD and NE, because our offensive line isn't solid or deep enough to just bury all opponents.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Speardog View Post
    All valid points and Denver's defense is getting healthier and better. I know everyone loves Nacho. I love his aggressiveness and tackling but he has not done well in pass coverage and when he went out last week and Adams came in the defense got better. Adams is also a terrific leader. I hope Nacho comes back but Adams continues to see some plays at safety.
    I've always liked Adams a lot, because he's a better centerfielder than our other guys despite technically playing SS rather than FS. Yet I really like Nacho, too; he moved up to the starting spot for a reason. In my perfect world we'd bench MOORE, put Adams at FS to just play coverage and let Nacho fly all over the field making plays. From where I sit, it's very rare Moore does either, so he's the odd man out in my book.
    Last edited by Joel; 11-08-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information