Thread: Wesley Woodyard and Von Miller: The Beauty of Yin and Yang

1. Default Wesley Woodyard and Von Miller: The Beauty of Yin and Yang

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broncos_Chargers_Miller_Woodyard-950x506.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	3726
    Wesley Woodyard gathered his defensive brethren before the Redskins game on Sunday and delivered some words of wisdom. According to Rahim Moore, he told the unit, “I’m tired of being mediocre. I’m tired of making mental errors and giving up touchdowns.”

Woodyard told them that it was time to stop the mistakes and that the defense needed to play 60 minutes and finish the game. I’m sure there was much more said and whatever it was, it worked brilliantly.

Rahim Moore would go on to tell Brandon Spano, “The way that Wood brought us together at that moment, man –.....CONTINUE READING.
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Awesome.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

I like what I hear. I have a woody for woody. He's from the University of Kentucky. so it Trevathon. love me some hillbilly

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

If Dumervil was Miller’s Batman, does that make Woodyard Miller’s Alfred?
    Woodyard is nobody's butler. Wesley is obviously Commission Gordon in this analogy.

Nice article tho, thanks!

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

But by double teaming Miller, the Redskins offense opened up lanes for other players to make plays. Jack Del Rio ran stunts throughout the entire game and when Von Miller is occupying two blockers, all it takes is one mistake to be made by the short handed offensive line, before guys like Terrance Knighton and Derek Wolfe break right through an open lane and land big momentum building sacks for the Broncos.
    This is what I was really hoping for from Millers return: That teams would be forced to choose between doubling him, Wolfe or a NT, because they couldn't do it to all of them, and SOMEONE would get through to the QB. Team effort; doesn't matter who stops that 3rd and 8 as long as SOMEONE does.

You're right, too, that our D sometimes looked lost and blew assignments against Indy. For all that, they still played well against a very good offense; until Sunday I would've said that was their best game so far, but not enough when the offense gives a playoff team the ball four times (even throwing in 2 extra points on one turnover.) Nonetheless, having Woodyard back to get all our ducks in a row and make sure they STAYED there rather than wandering into traffic made a big difference against Washington.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Woodyard is nobody's butler. Wesley is obviously Commission Gordon in this analogy.

Nice article tho, thanks!

~G
    Who's Barbara Gordon? Do we have any redheaded cheerleaders? And, perhaps more importantly, can they run block?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information