Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: When Champ comes back he should switch positons!

He has the same injury as clady, just much milder. But very easy to reaggravate.

And for Gods sakes people, QUIT SAYING CHRIS HARRIS IS A BETTER NICKLE CORNER!!!!!!!!!! HE'S THE BEST CORNER WE HAVE! PERIOD! Whether that is on #1s, #2s or even nickle.

If Champ hangs them up, restructures or is dealt to someone then Harris will cover the #1s and sometimes DRC will cover the #1s. It will depend on matchups and imo, you cant go wrong with either guy. Harris is just a little better in coverage.

So if Kayvon Webster wants to start. He better start practicing at the nickle.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

If Kayvon is 90% of Harris on the edge but 70% of him in the slot, then Harris plays the slot even if he's "the better corner" - certainly against teams with dangerous slot guys.

Not saying those are my numbers, but you play the guys in the roles that make the whole D better.

What I find remarkable about Harris is his ability to adapt to what's needed even without blazing speed or size. His technique's right. Play the #2? No problem. Match up against the opponent's #1? Not an issue. Play the speed guy? Sure. The route runner? You bet. Slide inside? Absolutely. Take on the TE? Yup.

If he had to move to safety for us for a coupla games he could do that too. His dogged tenacity apparently plays anywhere, and he doesn't care how big or fast the other guy is. He's not the most physically talented guy, but he plays like an old-school corner, and I love that in a young guy. The way he approaches the game reminds me of Crockett, and I loved the hell outta that guy. Nobody's allowed to play that physically anymore (unless you're playing against the Broncos or in the Seattle secondary) but Harris has that kind of want-to against anybody.

Really hungry corner. I expect to keep him for a long time.

~G
    Last edited by G_Money; 10-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I doubt Champ walks away. I think he takes the paycut, comes back and contributes. Alot of Iconic/Great players have a hard time leaving the game behind. There is plenty of precidence on DB's switching positions and coming back for pennies on the dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I feel the same way. I hope he takes a pay cut and stays. I think at this point in his career he'd be more valuable playing the slot or nickel. Harris has the talent to be #2.

I don't think he walks away either. He deserves a ring and I really want him to have one.....I hope he and the Broncos make the best decisions in the offseason.

6. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    If Kayvon is 90% of Harris on the edge but 70% of him in the slot, then Harris plays the slot even if he's "the better corner" - certainly against teams with dangerous slot guys.

Not saying those are my numbers, but you play the guys in the roles that make the whole D better.

What I find remarkable about Harris is his ability to adapt to what's needed even without blazing speed or size. His technique's right. Play the #2? No problem. Match up against the opponent's #1? Not an issue. Play the speed guy? Sure. The route runner? You bet. Slide inside? Absolutely. Take on the TE? Yup.

If he had to move to safety for us for a coupla games he could do that too. His dogged tenacity apparently plays anywhere, and he doesn't care how big or fast the other guy is. He's not the most physically talented guy, but he plays like an old-school corner, and I love that in a young guy. The way he approaches the game reminds me of Crockett, and I loved the hell outta that guy. Nobody's allowed to play that physically anymore (unless you're playing against the Broncos or in the Seattle secondary) but Harris has that kind of want-to against anybody.

Really hungry corner. I expect to keep him for a long time.

~G

I think you nailed it on Harris ability to adapt to any position. He reminds me of Wesly Woodyard, who can play any LB position. Harris can really play any DB position and that alone makes him invaluable to this defense. BOTH players went undrafted......amazing!

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Champ Bailey has already said that the "re-injury" was mild and his is aiming to come back after the bye. Even if he doesn't meet that target, we still have a whole half season left...he'll be back and a great addition to our already good secondary.

If he comes back and reaggravates it again then he will be done for the year. He should just rest until the playoffs....really.......why risk it? Be smart Champ and heal up.

11. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

I say leave Bailey out until the last 2 or 3 games of the season to get him in game shape for the playoffs. Our defense showed improvement this weekend and there's no need to rush him back.

I say leave Bailey out until any pain is tolerable and he can make all the moves/cuts that a CB is expected to make. This is what doctors and player judgment are for. Leaving players out for the sake of it makes no sense.

I believe it was before the Jags game that he said he didn't think the pain would ever completely vanish. How literal he was I can't say, but it was very discouraging, and that was before aggravating the injury.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

The Chargers don't have a deep array of WRs, and the Chiefs certainly don't. I wouldn't rush him back, but at the same time, if he doesn't play better than what he has been... I'd rather the other guys continue to get playing time. I think it woudl be a BAD thing to not have game time before the playoffs considering how poor he looked when on the field.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

16. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Miles

I say if Champ and his Dr's say he can play, to let him play. He may be done for good, he may not. But if he's cleared to play, then suit up and let's see how he does. I'd rather know how he is before the playoffs then run him out there at that time unknown.
    The best powder is pure, dry, light fluffy Colorado powder!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived powderaddict For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I just hope we can get him a ring on his way out.

20. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by powderaddict View Post
    I say if Champ and his Dr's say he can play, to let him play. He may be done for good, he may not. But if he's cleared to play, then suit up and let's see how he does. I'd rather know how he is before the playoffs then run him out there at that time unknown.
    That's a good point, and it also occurred to me we don't want the D in flux headed the playoffs; IF he can return this year, it would be a good idea to work him in 2-3 games before the playoffs if possible, so he gets his feet back under him and everyone gets a feel for how the D will flow and who'll cover what with Champ on the field. Otherwise, it may be a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Playoff games are a bad place to experiment unless there's absolutely no choice.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

22. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I dont think we have to. If we are able to re-sign DRC, I'm ok with Webster in the #2 spot. He has impressed me this year.

I disagree. I think Harris excels more in the slot than he does outside and I think he would certainly be content in that role
    I think he excels in the slot role as well, but what i'd like to see him do is slide to the slot in nickel packages. If we only have 2 corners on the field, I'd like him to be out there.

SHORYUKEN!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information