Thread: Denver Broncos CRAZY STATS: Week Eight Review

1. Default Denver Broncos CRAZY STATS: Week Eight Review

By Brandon Spano

With so many profound statistics being put up by the Denver Broncos, I thought it would be nice to revisit where they are at right now like we did in week three. Multiple players have an opportunity to put up huge numbers this season and the offense, as a whole, can still break many records.

Here are a few fun stats to gander at.

ALL-TIME RECORDS

• With 435 passing yards and five passing touchdowns on Sunday, Peyton Manning will finish the first half of the season with 3000 yards and 30 touchdowns. The greatest first half in NFL history.
    • If he were to accomplish this, he would be on pace for 6000 yards passing and 60 touchdown passes. Wow.
    • Peyton Manning is also on pace to throw 473 completions, which would set an all-time NFL record. The previous record is 440, set by Drew Brees in 2007.
    • The Broncos are currently on pace to score 681 points which would shatter the original record of 589 set by the Patriots in 2007
    • The Broncos are on pace to gain a net total of ....FULL STORY
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

Good stuff. The defensive rankings aren't too impressive, but the offensive numbers are mind blowing. While Decker, Welker and Thomas likely won't all have that many catches, the mere face that they are each that close to 50 catches by the halfway mark is incredible and it is very realistic that the Broncos could have three 100 reception receivers when the season is over.

Now, they are going to have to pull some magic out of a bottle on the offensive line to keep putting up numbers like that, but hopefully they will.

The only stat that matters is 6-1. Be honest: When people say, "2007 Patriots," what's the first thing most remember? The records? Spygate? Or the Helmet Catch and 17-14 SB loss? "Almost perfect;" just doesn't have the same "ring." Turn it around: When people say, "1984 '49ers," or "1985 Bears," do we think of the SB wins or the one loss marring an otherwise perfect season?

The only thing records guarantee is that, sooner or later, someone somewhere eventually erases them from history. Championships, however, are the closest sports get to immortality. Ask Tarkenton, who retired with every individual passing record but no SB Rings—or the guy who broke all those records: Dan Marino.
    Last edited by Joel; 10-26-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

4. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

yes.. I think it doesn't have to be said that the onlly thing that matters is the ring. However, we have to take the "ride" to the playoffs and the Super Bowl anyway. We cant' go to the SUper Bowl without playing the 16 games of the regular season, regardless. So, in the meantime, it's fun to see our offense perform at record levels. It's also much more probable that we GET to the SUper Bowl when you have an offense that is proving to be one of the greatest in the History of the NFL.

So, although I get that the ring is "all that matters" in the end, I'm going to enjoy the stats between now and the end. I'm not going to douse the fun with gloom purely for the sake of throwing cold water on the entertainment.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information