Thread: Breaking Down The Redskins: Everything You Need To Know

1. Default Breaking Down The Redskins: Everything You Need To Know

Name:  images.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  9.7 KB
    Mike Shanahan will return to Denver for the first time since being fired in 2008. Shanahan, who has coached the Washington Redskins since 2010, was the Denver Broncos head coach from 1995-2008 and won two very memorable Super Bowls with the team. Most fans consider 1997-1998 the golden age of Broncos football.

Shanahan, with a new shiny quarterback to show off, took the Redskins to the playoffs last year for the first time since 2007, just a year after going 5-11. The Redskins had finished last in the NFC East for four years prior to that.

They took Robert Griffin III with the second overall pick in the 2012 draft. His ability to make plays through the air and on the ground made him....FULL STORY
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

2. The Following User High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

My major concerns are the 'Skins LBs against our patchwork line and whether our run D is as good against RGIII as against traditional running attacks. Our run D works because we finally have two big strong DTs anchoring the center, but rushing QBs often outrun and wear out guys like that. The only dual threat QB we've faced is Vick, and he had some success until our offense took the running game out of the equation. Likewise, much of Lucks success last week was due to his ability to move when the pocket broke down, either remaining free long enough to throw for a first down or running for one himself.

Defense has never been Shannys strength, but Fletcher, Kerrigan and Orakpo are quality. If we still had Clady and Franklin I wouldn't worry, but we don't so I do. I wouldn't mind more Dreesen and less Orange Julius. Last week I feared Moreno would be back to skipping around to break backfield tackles and our backup RBs unable to carry the load when he needed a break; both fears proved valid. Great running can compensate for poor passing, or vice versa, but poor blocking prevents both, especially against the agressive LBs common to 3-4s.

If we can protect Manning, open holes for Moreno and Co. and keep a spy on RGIII we ought to be OK, but "if" remains a small word with a big meaning.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Vick had success against us in the first quarter. Other than that one drive, he did shit. Terrell Pryor was also a "dual threat." I'm not worried about the running QB. I'm more concerned with the passing QB. If the QB is running all day, that's just a boon to our team, and I'll take that EVERY time.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Vick had success against us in the first quarter. Other than that one drive, he did shit. Terrell Pryor was also a "dual threat." I'm not worried about the running QB. I'm more concerned with the passing QB. If the QB is running all day, that's just a boon to our team, and I'll take that EVERY time.
    Same here, I am more worried about a pocket QB picking us apart. We are dead last in passing defense and that's the biggest concern.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I forgot about Pryor, 'cause I was working during that game. Same deal though: Running by a QB or anyone else is less of an issue when opponents trail by 20 points. The problem, as the Colts proved, is we can't count on a 20 point lead (and if we have one, opponents running or anything else is, again, less of an issue.)
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information