Thread: Colts Look Like Bigger Horse Against Broncos

1. Default Colts Look Like Bigger Horse Against Broncos

The Denver Broncos and Indianapolis Colts went head-to-head in a matchup that we may see only once in a lifetime.

Peyton Manning returned to Indianapolis to play as a visitor for the first time in his hall of fame career. He was greeted with a standing ovation, which was probably the only cheer he got by the away fans all game.

The Broncos went on the board first with a 17 yard pass from Manning to Decker. On a drive that consisted of two plays for 56 yards ending in a very quick score.

Indianapolis responded with a 65 yard drive that ended in three points after a nice goal line stand by the Denver defense. At this point, it looked like Denver was.... FULL STORY
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

yep. colts were impressive. denvers oline, not so much.

3. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

It's hard to win when you turn the ball over. Even then we were still in the game to the end. Colts are good but inconsistent.
    In Elway We Trust

2 Turn overs were a direct result of them overpowering our oline.

Compared to our oline, they looked good. We had a few big plays later in the game that was Manning and WR's just making plays, but them forcing the ball out of Manning a little earlier.

6. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    yep. colts were impressive. denvers oline, not so much.
    Couldn't agree more. The offensive line was already somewhat questionable without Walton or Koppen at center, the loss of Clady made if far worse then add in having to move Vasquez to right tackle because the loss of Franklin...now we know how Chicago feels year in and year out.

Might have soup with my sandwich at lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    2 Turn overs were a direct result of them overpowering our oline.

Compared to our oline, they looked good. We had a few big plays later in the game that was Manning and WR's just making plays, but them forcing the ball out of Manning a little earlier.
    Very well said. The only thing I'll add is that if the run blocking had been good enough we'd been able to run as in previous weeks the Colts D couldn't have teed off on Manning and pressed our receivers as much (tight press coverage sounds really good until they start blocking you and ripping off 10 yd gains because you can't make the tackle.)

Three-and-out TWICE on 3rd and 1 runs in the first quarter alone, so we converted our next 3rd and 1 through the air. Moreno was back to dancing around and trying to stay on his feet because he had to break a couple tackles just to avoid a loss. If memory serves we'd have actually regained the LEAD with a PAT if Hillman had punched it in for a TD instead of getting a pile dropped on him in our backfield and losing the ball at Indys 2; he even managed to pull the ball back against him, but couldn't do much more with a bunch of guys lying on top of him, so the Colts ripped it free again: Game over.

I bet half our drives started inside our 20; most of their started near midfield. They shut down our run and forced us to pass because we couldn't run block, then they sold out on the pass and creamed Manning because we couldn't pass block. Teams still can't run on Denver, but it didn't matter, nor did holding Luck to <300 yds and 20 points at home, because our offense and special teams handed them 19 more.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information