Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive outlook on tonight's game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Positive outlook on tonight's game.

We were on the road, against a really good team, made tons of mistakes, had several fluky things happen against us, had horrible coaching decisions, and only lost by 6. I see us handling Washington and SD before the big showdown with KC.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    had horrible coaching decisions

THIS more than anything was what kept pissing me off the entire game.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

This will be the loneliest thread on the board.

I agree. Colts are a good team. We lost because of stupid mistakes. Everyone's on the Seahawk's dicks. Colts beat them. With the mistakes the team made, this shouldn't have been a close game at all. The team got a loss. The pressure is off. They'll learn and grow.

5. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Bad coaching decisions, play calling, adjustments, bad reffing, terrible play, Manning couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn, we turned the ball over a bunch of times...

Lost by one score to a very good team on the road.

There are worse things, and I'm glad our receivers got to play a really physical secondary. The lessons we should be able to take from it should help against the Chiefs, not to mention the Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

But we've GOT to be able to convert third-and-short and in goal-line situations. It killed us in the Baltimore game, and we haven't fixed it. I know our line is hurting badly, but we've got to get it done.

Any team can lose with a bunch of turnovers, but it's hard to win close games if you can't get first downs and touchdowns when you need em and they're right there for you to man up and take. Hope we figure that out in the next couple months.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

This team lost to a suspect Chargers team. A chargers team with equally devistating losses on Defense that held them under 15 points. Let's not call them a really good team. This team lost due to a piss poor game plan, piss poor execution, and turnovers.

Also, the d has been shredded since Philly. They need to get it turned around!

John Fox/Adam Gase was Dan Reeves part deux tonight with the conservative gameplan especially on the 3rd and 1's

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

These all seem more like excuses than positive outlooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

11. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    This team lost to a suspect Chargers team. A chargers team with equally devistating losses on Defense that held them under 15 points. Let's not call them a really good team. This team lost due to a piss poor game plan, piss poor execution, and turnovers.

Also, the d has been shredded since Philly. They need to get it turned around!
    This team also smoked the 49ers and beat the Seahawks. They are a good team. They were probably overlooking SD a bit with us coming up. Not unlike us against Jax.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, our D did not get shredded tonight IMO. We gave them a BUNCH of short fields. I think this was the best our defense has played since the second half against Philly.

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Depends on how you choose to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Moral victories. Orange slices. Participation trophies.

We kicked our own ass more than the colts kicked our asses. Learn from it, fix it and cut hillman.

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

We held the Colts to 334 total yards. How exactly does that equate to our D getting shredded?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Also, our D did not get shredded tonight IMO. We gave them a BUNCH of short fields. I think this was the best our defense has played since the second half against Philly.
    Our D wasn't shredded like they were by Dallas, Philly, and Justin Blackmon but they were tore up pretty good. After the first 3 and out Indy had to open the game, how many more were there? They couldn't get off the field and Vickerson couldn't keep his helmet on!

Positive, down by 19, they didnt stop and quit, like years past, but made it a game despite not being able to wipe with either hand.

There was hope all the way to the end.

Better cut Vick too, that guy is a free 15 yard machine. 3 tonight I think, but that gets overlooked too.

Because of you know, that fumble.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information