Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bill Polian: I’m not speaking to Jim Irsay and I’m rooting for Denver

Yeah.. I think that Getting to the Super Bowl is DAMN HARD alone. Winning one just requires to have the right amount of luck and timing for a team. It's like those that want to say Schottenheimer "just cant' win the big game." Brady has three rings won by a TOTAL of 9 points, yet Polian is looked "down" upon because he GM'd teams TO the Super Bowl but his teams couldn't win them all?????? Get me TO the Super Bowl every time, I'll take that to being the Chiefs.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Yeah.. I think that Getting to the Super Bowl is DAMN HARD alone. Winning one just requires to have the right amount of luck and timing for a team. It's like those that want to say Schottenheimer "just cant' win the big game." Brady has three rings won by a TOTAL of 9 points, yet Polian is looked "down" upon because he GM'd teams TO the Super Bowl but his teams couldn't win them all?????? Get me TO the Super Bowl every time, I'll take that to being the Chiefs.
    Exactly. He's not a coach. He's not a player. He's a GM. His job is to build a team that is capable of winning a SB. He clearly has succeeded in his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Name:  irsay.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  6.4 KB

I think its crap when people say Irsays comments were taken out of context. Yes he said they wanted to change the model but he specifically mentioned loving Payton, Marvin, and Reggie's Star wars stats but preferred a SB over that. If he meant that they needed a better cast around them then he should have said "that". Polian also built great teams. He picked players capable of reaching the post season . That's what you want. Its up to the players and coaches to actually do that and win. I'm sure teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Browns, etc would have loved to have teams like the ones Polian built.

7. The Following User High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    I think its crap when people say Irsays comments were taken out of context. Yes he said they wanted to change the model but he specifically mentioned loving Payton, Marvin, and Reggie's Star wars stats but preferred a SB over that. If he meant that they needed a better cast around them then he should have said "that". Polian also built great teams. He picked players capable of reaching the post season . That's what you want. Its up to the players and coaches to actually do that and win. I'm sure teams like the Raiders, Chiefs, Dolphins, Browns, etc would have loved to have teams like the ones Polian built.
    Where is the horrible, outrageous comment here? Wouldn't ANYONE prefer a super bowl over big stats??? How is it so incredibly unbelievable that he meant while offensive stats are great, those teams would have been better had a better defense and ST been put around them. To me, it makes no sense to interpret those comments at some shot at Manning.

I agree that what he said isn't bad. I would want rings over stats. I'm sure we all would. That was proved after last year's 11-0 run.

The issue is when he made the comments. The week before Denver comes to town??? He could have said that when they drafted luck. That is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Bronco View Post
    Where is the horrible, outrageous comment here? Wouldn't ANYONE prefer a super bowl over big stats??? How is it so incredibly unbelievable that he meant while offensive stats are great, those teams would have been better had a better defense and ST been put around them. To me, it makes no sense to interpret those comments at some shot at Manning.
    Lol..dude...who ******* said it was outrageous? Its a knock...he didn't call Manning a bitch. A knock is a knock. Doesn't have to be an outrageous knock. "Its great that all of you defend Irsay. We appreciate all your opinions. But they don't matter as much as........blah blah" I shouldn't get anyone here arguing my last line since its not outrageous or bad, right?
    Last edited by Army Bronco; 10-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Those comments were definitely not a shot at Manning, notwithstanding the possibility he could be harboring a little resentment over the missed season (2011).

More likely, those comments were just Jimbo being Jimbo. This is a guy who tweets absurd shit about his own team with fans, to the point that, when Colts' fans quoted the Bozo, I couldn't believe it was for real and that someone was pretending to be 'Jim Irsay'. Definitely wasn't projecting himself with any sense of decorum or professionalism.
    This guy was a spoiled little rich kid, the son of a carnival barker and snake-oil salesman, who, while daddy Bob was hustling the Baltimore faithful, was establishing himself as a big party animal and coke head. All that white powder has dulled his senses and, to this day, he continues to blather nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Name:  irsay.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  6.4 KB
    This picture says it all.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information