Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 NBA Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default 2013-14 NBA Thread

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The Heat will win the Finals in 6 games over the Thunder... Sooo, that should pretty much wrap things up then.

Mods, please close this thread.

3. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Fine. I will discuss the NBA amongst myself, then.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Woodson to Melo: Focus on season

BALTIMORE -- Mike Woodson wants Carmelo Anthony to focus on the Knicks this season, not on his pending free agency.

"If he's going to test it, he's got to test it. That's on him," Woodson said on Thursday. "But at this point he's got to worry about this season and this season only because that's what's staring him in the face."

Anthony has indicated that he will opt out of the final season of his contract with the Knicks and test free agency this summer.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...hony-just-play

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Dwight Howard 'upset' with Magic

Dwight Howard still has fond memories of his time with the Orlando Magic. But the All-Star center evidently is upset that the Magic are allowing someone else to wear his number.

Howard, who wore No. 12 during his eight seasons with Orlando, told the Orlando Sentinel that he is disappointed the Magic granted Tobias Harris' request to wear the number.

"I just think that despite whatever happened, there was a lot of things that I did and that we did as a team, and that number was special down there," Howard told the Sentinel. "And I was a little bit upset about that."
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/98...s-no-12-jersey

Let's see - he got a coach fired, he forced his way out, and for that, the team should retire his number

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dear Carmelo,

I know I had a hard time corralling the Lakers' superstars and the Cavs' superstars when I was in the those two places, but if you could not focus so much on your impending free agency, your wife, your shoe line, your clothing line and your reality show I'd really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
    Mike Woodson.

Dear Mike,

Don't be hatin'.

Sincerely,
    Carmelo.

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Interesting anecdote on today's Simmons and Rose podcast...he thought Allen Crabbe should have been a Nugget...I'd been saying that the whole pre-draft period...

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-trail-blazers

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Have those Simmons/Rose podcasts been good Mo? I've been considering watching some of them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Have those Simmons/Rose podcasts been good Mo? I've been considering watching some of them.
    Love 'em. I found them yesterday listened to all of them last night. It's just so off the cuff, but it's still informative. Both guys know their stuff so well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Basketball is definitely Simmons' forte. I like his football stuff too, but his constant anti-Manning and anti-Broncos stances wear a little thin on me. His basketball writing is definitely his best stuff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Basketball is definitely Simmons' forte. I like his football stuff too, but his constant anti-Manning and anti-Broncos stances wear a little thin on me. His basketball writing is definitely his best stuff.
    He's basically ESPN's top basketball analyst this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok, so I watched their 76ers preview and I am definitely hooked now. Can't wait to watch the rest of these.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I live for the Monday BS Reports where he and Cousin Sal guess the NFL lines. That's my favorite Simmons. And I love his mailbags. I learn a lot from his NBA coverage, whereas I feel like he's sometimes disconnected from reality in football. His analysis isn't as spot on.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Ok, so I watched their 76ers preview and I am definitely hooked now. Can't wait to watch the rest of these.
    Jalen is an amazing talent. I always want to hear what he has to say.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I live for the Monday BS Reports where he and Cousin Sal guess the NFL lines. That's my favorite Simmons. And I love his mailbags. I learn a lot from his NBA coverage, whereas I feel like he's sometimes disconnected from reality in football. His analysis isn't as spot on.
    I love his guess the lines feature as well. Their thing this year where Bill calls him "Mike" and they start talking like hack local radio sports DJs cracks me up every time. I also love it when Sal does the fake Simmons phone call.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information