Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Broncos Need Woodyard Back

1. Default The Broncos Need Woodyard Back

Over the past few years Wesley Woodyard has not only became one of the best players on the Broncos defense, he has also became an important leader on the team.

Woodyard injured his neck in the week five win over the Dallas Cowboys and the defense has struggled ever since.

Many players on defense would consider Woodyard the backbone of the unit. His absence was definitely noticed this past week in the 35-19 victory over the Jaguars. The team ended up winning the game, but the defense struggled more than it should have.

Denver gave up 362 yards to a horrible Jacksonville offense that is ranked dead last in almost every statistical category. The defense had a few breakdowns and miscommunications throughout the game and the adjustments that we are used to seeing just haven’t been made. It wasn’t just the Jags. It didn’t seem like they were able to adjust to Dallas without Woodyard either. Whether it’s a mental or physical thing, losing your leader and leading tackler will always create a disadvantage.

It’s very simple; the Denver Broncos defense just isn’t the same without.....FULL STORY
    Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

Hate to say it, but....no shit, sherlock!

Sorry, but it's stating the obvious! Team isn't the same with him not on the field.

Can you confirm, from what I saw, the injury came from being intentionally stepped on by a Dallas offensive lineman. That's why he got up so upset about.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Robert Ayers and Wesley Woodyard with helmets on for practice today. Von ready to go as well.
    — Lionel Bienvenu (@lionelbienvenu) October 16, 2013
    Avatar courtesy of Artist Faith Coyote

5. The Following 13 Users High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

that's good to hear spirit guy. where do you get your 911? or 411, whichever #tryingtobekewl

yes, we miss Woody. injuries have certainly been holding our defense back the last couple of weeks. on the Jax game, without the turnovers, the game would have been more comfortable to watch. 3 turnovers is alot. but I get your jist

Woody is a must sign in the offseason. See ya Decker.

8. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Woody is a must sign in the offseason. See ya Decker.
    what about Demarius Thomas? Why couldn't we sign all 3? Plus we have Webster.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I remember arguing with people a couple years ago about whether Woodyard's leadership skills really meant that much in the scheme of things, since DJ was so much "better" a linebacker.

We need Woodyard. It does make a difference. And I'm glad it looks like he'll be suiting up on Sunday.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    that's good to hear spirit guy. where do you get your 911? or 411, whichever #tryingtobekewl
    Just wandering the net reading different forums, blogs, twitter pages

13. The Following User High Fived Spiritguy For This Post:

Demaryius isn't a free agent at the end of the season. Decker is. We can't re-sign everyone. The salary cap will keep Denver from keeping everyone. Fortunately, Elway has finally built this team to where it has enough talent that we can't afford to re-sign all of our good players. It's a nice problem to have, but we won't keep everyone. Remember, in 2 years Von, DT, Knowshon, Nate Irving, Rahim Moore, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green, Kevin Vickerson, Terrance Knighton, Champ Bailey, and Wes Welker will be free agents. This year we need to choose between Decker, Mitch Unrein, Woodyard, Chris Harris, Holliday, Ihenacho, DRC, Beadles, Shaun Phillips, and Tony Carter.

The Broncos haven't had a compensatory draft pick in a long, long time. It speaks to the lack of base talent on this team for years now. That's changed. Expect them to be coming our way by the bunches beginning in the 2015 draft.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Demaryius isn't a free agent at the end of the season. Decker is. We can't re-sign everyone. The salary cap will keep Denver from keeping everyone. Fortunately, Elway has finally built this team to where it has enough talent that we can't afford to re-sign all of our good players. It's a nice problem to have, but we won't keep everyone. Remember, in 2 years Von, DT, Knowshon, Nate Irving, Rahim Moore, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green, Kevin Vickerson, Terrance Knighton, Champ Bailey, and Wes Welker will be free agents. This year we need to choose between Decker, Mitch Unrein, Woodyard, Chris Harris, Holliday, Ihenacho, DRC, Beadles, Shaun Phillips, and Tony Carter.

The Broncos haven't had a compensatory draft pick in a long, long time. It speaks to the lack of base talent on this team for years now. That's changed. Expect them to be coming our way by the bunches beginning in the 2015 draft.
    I thought both Moreno and Ayers (Ayers is for sure but he's not on your list) were in a contract year this year... I don't know for sure, though and I have no idea where to look for that info.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I thought both Moreno and Ayers (Ayers is for sure but he's not on your list) were in a contract year this year... I don't know for sure, though and I have no idea where to look for that info.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is a pretty good site... http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Turbo fingers...

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/
    Thanks! The site doesn't make sense, though. It says Moreno is on a 5 year deal like Ayers, but Ayers' contract expires this year, Moreno's in 2015? : confused:

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Thanks! The site doesn't make sense, though. It says Moreno is on a 5 year deal like Ayers, but Ayers' contract expires this year, Moreno's in 2015? : confused:
    Moreno has a team option and Ayers is UFA after this year. I guess that would be the difference.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information