Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Another classic comeback, for the ages!

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Yeah, it was a good win.

Also, WTF is this????

It's Forrest Gump, or is it Carl from Slingblade? I can't decide.

Mo, you're wrong. Look at the defensive strategy in the playoffs that NYJ employed a couple years ago to knock NE out and what Baltimore has done repeatedly as well. They took away the inside game. At times NE tried to force Wes on the sidelines or downfield and it was incomplete. Hence the reputation that Wes was a choker in big games.

It wasn't that Wes was a choker but more that Brady and NE put Wes in a position he shouldn't be in. Wes does not have the size or speed to be a downfield or sideline receiver w/ consistent accuracy. But Brady often forced it to him when he had better options.

Hence, addition by subtraction. Same reason they got rid of Moss. Brady was forcing too much to his binkie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Mo, you're wrong. Look at the defensive strategy in the playoffs that NYJ employed a couple years ago to knock NE out and what Baltimore has done repeatedly as well. They took away the inside game. At times NE tried to force Wes on the sidelines or downfield and it was incomplete. Hence the reputation that Wes was a choker in big games.

It wasn't that Wes was a choker but more that Brady and NE put Wes in a position he shouldn't be in. Wes does not have the size or speed to be a downfield or sideline receiver w/ consistent accuracy. But Brady often forced it to him when he had better options.

Hence, addition by subtraction. Same reason they got rid of Moss. Brady was forcing too much to his binkie.
    Their productivity gets worse every time, though, so I don't know how you can conclude addition by subtraction.

Didn't they sign Amendola with the idea of using him in the exact same way, underneath and short outs, and let the tight ends go vertical? That's the philosophy they want to use, but the current tight end group isn't good enough to do that. That's why the midgets are running deep routes. The good news is that Collie is more of a vertical receiver than Thompkins and Amendola, so they have at least that until Gronkowski gets back and opens up the passing game to be a little more creative underneath.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And Edelman too. Not a vertical receiver, an underneath, possession guy, just like Welker. Just not as good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

NO was so afraid that they'd lose the game with 1 big mistake that they wouldn't just step up & win the game.

2 runs, pass & FG
    2 runs, pass & punt

That wasn't game plan that got them the lead, it was the game plan that lost the game they had all but won.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Mo, any slot receiver in NE's offense will get 100+ receptions per year. Doesn't matter if it's Wes, Amendola or Edelman.

And I think they preferred Amendola over Welker b/c he is bigger, faster and younger than Wes. Also, I think Wes didn't tow the company line at times and I think that pissed off BB much more than many of you realize.

But the secret to beating NE the past couple years was to clog the middle. This year I am seeing a much more concerted effort by Brady and his rookie receivers to use the entire field more often.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mo, any slot receiver in NE's offense will get 100+ receptions per year. Doesn't matter if it's Wes, Amendola or Edelman.

And I think they preferred Amendola over Welker b/c he is bigger, faster and younger than Wes. Also, I think Wes didn't tow the company line at times and I think that pissed off BB much more than many of you realize.

But the secret to beating NE the past couple years was to clog the middle. This year I am seeing a much more concerted effort by Brady and his rookie receivers to use the entire field more often.
    I realize there were other circumstances other than production that led to his release. But let's not kid ourselves. The Patriots do NOT have the production out of the slot this year that he provided the last six. That's not addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I realize there were other circumstances other than production that led to his release. But let's not kid ourselves. The Patriots do NOT have the production out of the slot this year that he provided the last six. That's not addition by subtraction.
    I agree with you on that. The biggest piece of production they don't have without Wes is TD's. And yes, every time NE fans see Wes score a TD in Denver we cringe.

But half the reason our slot TD production is crap is due to what happened to our TE core. That was unexpected when NE let Wes go and they signed Amendola. NE did not know one of their TE's was a serial killer and their team doctor totally fuk'd up the surgery on Gronk with that unnecessary implant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree with you on that. The biggest piece of production they don't have without Wes is TD's. And yes, every time NE fans see Wes score a TD in Denver we cringe.

But half the reason our slot TD production is crap is due to what happened to our TE core. That was unexpected when NE let Wes go and they signed Amendola. NE did not know one of their TE's was a serial killer and their team doctor totally fuk'd up the surgery on Gronk with that unnecessary implant.
    That's my point. Welker opened it up for Gronk and Hernandez going vertical. The Patriots probably miss them more than Welker, but they still miss Welker.

Without all three, it looks kind of like a cluster.

That's my point. Welker opened it up for Gronk and Hernandez going vertical. The Patriots probably miss them more than Welker, but they still miss Welker.

Without all three, it looks kind of like a cluster.
    Yes. You are right about that but NE still looked for Welker too often in positions he should not be in. Wes is strictly a slot receiver. He should not be running deep downfield. Brady does not have the type of arm to drop it in to a short receiver. Brady guns it and as a result Welker often dropped it.

But I disagree that w/out Welker it looks like a cluster. It has at times but they have more impactful injuries than most people realize. Losing Shane Vereen after week 1 is crushing. He was why they had no problem getting rid of Woodhead.

I hope by the time NE plays Denver they are totally healthy on offense. I think you will be quite surprised w/ what you see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But I disagree that w/out Welker it looks like a cluster.
    Not just Welker.

Without Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead and oft-injured Amendola...it looks like a cluster. I'm just not sure Brady knows exactly where to go, because he's not sure who he can rely on.

You've already cringed more times this year than you cheered last year and it's only been 6 games Worst Troll Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    You've already cringed more times this year than you cheered last year and it's only been 6 games Worst Troll Ever.
    5-1. I'm doing just fine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

This is smack, take your reasonable, informed discussion elsewhere.

Can we please go back to the fact that Brady looked like an uncircumcised penis shoved through a doily at his presser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Not just Welker.

Without Welker, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead and oft-injured Amendola...it looks like a cluster. I'm just not sure Brady knows exactly where to go, because he's not sure who he can rely on.
    MO, what I really, really appreciate is your willingness to share your vast knowledge and insight of the Patriots franchise and taking the time to explain the intricacies of our own team, to us.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information