Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Resentment' toward Rob Gronkowski

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default 'Resentment' toward Rob Gronkowski

Tight end Rob Gronkowski's continued absence from the New England Patriots' lineup has escalated tension among teammates who have begun questioning him about why he's not playing and left some wondering if he intends to play at all this season, according to multiple sources.

"There's curiosity and resentment, and he's creating it by going out and kicking ass during the week and then he doesn't show up on game day and help the team win," one source said.

Gronkowski is expected to miss his sixth game Sunday because of multiple offseason surgeries on his fractured left forearm. He has not been cleared by third-party physician Dr. James Andrews, whose involvement suggests trust issues exist between the team and player over his medical condition and readiness to play.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...gland-patriots

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hmmm, that is weird. So im guessing by that report he is practicing throughout the week but then just not playing on gameday? Of course, im not sure what the players mean by "kicking ass" throughout the week. If he is kicking ass without pads that can be a whole lot different than actually being hit. Just depends on what they mean by that.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Hmmm, that is weird. So im guessing by that report he is practicing throughout the week but then just not playing on gameday? Of course, im not sure what the players mean by "kicking ass" throughout the week. If he is kicking ass without pads that can be a whole lot different than actually being hit. Just depends on what they mean by that.
    Right. He's obviously doing enough for them to question him, but with the new collective bargaining, there are so few full-contact, full-pads practices that you have to wonder if they are referencing full-speed practices.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think this is the third week in a row that he's been fully active in practice, or at least that it's been reported, and inactive on gameday. From what I remember that includes padded practices, although I think that's just one per week.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

He is doing what his doctor tells him. There is still a lot of season left.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Considering what happened to him last year I can't blame him. I mean, if he played and broke his forearm again, are the Patriots going to honor his contract and still pay him all of that guaranteed money that he is due next year?

It's easy to say, "rub some dirt on it" when it's not your livelihood at stake.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Considering what happened to him last year I can't blame him. I mean, if he played and broke his forearm again, are the Patriots going to honor his contract and still pay him all of that guaranteed money that he is due next year?

It's easy to say, "rub some dirt on it" when it's not your livelihood at stake.
    True, but if he has guaranteed money, than yes they will pay it. The guaranteed portion is always paid, even if you're cut.

I don't blame him for having mistrust. It seems like they really mishandled a couple of his injuries last year. Didn't they have him play 4 weeks after breaking his forearm?

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    He is doing what his doctor tells him. There is still a lot of season left.
    Exactly. He has not been cleared to play by Dr. Andrews. There is no resentment towards Gronk.

I wonder if there is something he could wear to protect that arm without losing the ability to catch or hold onto the ball. I guess if there was, he'd be wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    True, but if he has guaranteed money, than yes they will pay it. The guaranteed portion is always paid, even if you're cut.
    They were talking about it on Countdown, but they really didn't go into detail on how much money he could stand to lose.

Anyone who blames this on Gronk is silly. He isn't being cleared. He's a kid who clearly loves to play football. I bet it's frustrating for him to not be out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

19. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

WTE

If he hasn't been cleared to play yet I don't see why their would be any resentment towards him. Bad reporting on this one me thinks.

21. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

WTE

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    If he hasn't been cleared to play yet I don't see why their would be any resentment towards him. Bad reporting on this one me thinks.
    Dumb article. Players are allowed to get multiple opinions from doctor's outside the organization. Gronk has hired Dr. James Andrews and he hasn't cleared him to play.

His team mates understand that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Dumb article. Players are allowed to get multiple opinions from doctor's outside the organization. Gronk has hired Dr. James Andrews and he hasn't cleared him to play.

His team mates understand that.
    So you have discussed this with his teammates?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information