68. This poll is closed
  • yes

14 20.59%
  • no

49 72.06%
  • i dunno, this is 2hard4me

5 7.35%
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Redskins change their name?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Ethnic slurs should be a requirement if the NFL expands to other countries.
    Tijuana Wetbacks
    Hong Kong Chinks
    London Limeys
    CH, you are from NA decent. Do you find the Redskin name offensive?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

How about the Holland Homos? The Dutch guy I know is a queer.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

San Francisco Butt Pirates
    Oakland Essays
    San Diego Drug Mules
    Seattle Hipsters
    Arizona Tweekers
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

4. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Iowa Longtoothers
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rex For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    This is what you get when you mix liberals and football.
    Actually, that's just the beginning. You also get penalties for running backs that lower their heads, penalties for "taunting", penalties for "Touching The Brady", penalties for making the receiver go ouch, the "Rooney Rule" and everyone wearing pink shit for an entire friggin month. You also get terms like "encroachment" when "offsides" is a perfectly good word.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Iowa Longtoothers
    No. Iowa Cornholers.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    yes or no
    Absolutely, unequivocally, NO!

Talk about opening a can of worms.....just to accommodate some libtards whose sole and true purpose is to cause trouble and rile up the troops....or the tribe!

Hell, then it would be KC having to change their name. South Dakota, or is it NDak....the Fighting Sioux. Golden State Warriors..! Atlanta Braves....Cleveland Indians How many others can we think of?

11. The Following User High Fived Mr Bojangles For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
    Absolutely, unequivocally, NO!

Talk about opening a can of worms.....just to accommodate some libtards whose sole and true purpose is to cause trouble and rile up the troops....or the tribe!

Hell, then it would be KC having to change their name. South Dakota, or is it NDak....the Fighting Sioux. Golden State Warriors..! Atlanta Braves....Cleveland Indians How many others can we think of?
    Just think for a second, how many of those other than possibly the Indians are not racial insults. I actually commend that the Fighting Sioux have fought to keep that name. I do not believe that this is an all or nothing issue, and shouldn't be treated as such.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Just think for a second, how many of those other than possibly the Indians are not racial insults. I actually commend that the Fighting Sioux have fought to keep that name. I do not believe that this is an all or nothing issue, and shouldn't be treated as such.
    Exactly. The Seminole tribe likes identifying with FSU and there's nothing wrong with that. But if you called them the Redskinned Seminoles they probably would be more inclined to take issue. It seems like a common sense thing to me.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

We just need to come up with the proper name for a color that actually describes the genetic tone of their skin. Maybe just get a color-wheel from the paint store or something.

Here's some good examples:

Potter's wheel skins
    Rosy Apple skins
    Sangria skins
    Deep Pointsettia skins

That's all there is too it. It's just color matching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Here's why I disagree.

No matter what the issue, no matter how straightforward, logical or universal, there will always be some who have to find fault and beotch about it. And when I say 'some' I mean the vocal minority who rise up to complain about everything....and because they are the minority opinion, they should not be making policy or holding someone else hostage to their minority POV.

It is pointless for us to debate what is or isn't, should or shouldn't, be offensive to someone else.......put ten people in a room and ask them for their opinion on something...anything!....and you'll get at least 6 different opinions, regardless of how simple the question.

I'm a pacifist from Dublin......Should I feel aggravated, insulted or slighted by Notre Dame?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's why I disagree.

No matter what the issue, no matter how straightforward, logical or universal, there will always be some who have to find fault and beotch about it. And when I say 'some' I mean the vocal minority who rise up to complain about everything....and because they are the minority opinion, they should not be making policy or holding someone else hostage to their minority POV.

It is pointless for us to debate what is or isn't, should or shouldn't, be offensive to someone else.......put ten people in a room and ask them for their opinion on something...anything!....and you'll get at least 6 different opinions, regardless of how simple the question.
    Well, "Redskin" is a racial slur, regardless of whether you have an opinion on whether or not the Washington FC should be allowed to use it as a mascot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm a pacifist from Dublin......Should I feel aggravated, insulted or slighted by Notre Dame?
    No, because Irish is a nationality. "Redskin" is a racial slur.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Here's why I disagree.

It's not about whether people are offended or not really, it's about how Redskins is a racial epithet. Even so, I mean, it's not hard to draw a goddamn line between some idiot who complains about the Houston Texans being offensive and somebody who complains about Redskins being offensive.

23. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information