Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Broncos Should Sit Manning Against The Harmless Jaguars

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Say you have a high performance car and on one Sunday you take it to the Autobahn and one Sunday you take it for a nice easy drive in the country. Either way though they are vastly different experiences there is no reason to leave that car at home so you can take the Accord out for a spin. Otherwise what is the point of having a nice car.

The high performance car is Manning in this case. And the Autobahn would be most games. And the country road is the Jaguars. Actually the Jaguars are the farmers daughters you stop to see in this situation on a little detour on your country drive because they are going to get ******.

I need my own blog or website called MasterShake's clearly explained sports analogies.

EDIT: And yes I understand that in this particular analogy Manning as a car would be having sexual relations with women. I may have just created a whole new website based on that as well, if it doesn't exist already.

DOUBLE EDIT: Regarding Auto Erotica, a quick Google search verifies its existence. I will never look at a gear shift the same way.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 10-08-2013 at 12:10 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Say you have a high performance car and on one Sunday you take it to the Autobahn and one Sunday you take it for a nice easy drive in the country. Either way though they are vastly different experiences there is no reason to leave that car at home so you can take the Accord out for a spin. Otherwise what is the point of having a nice car.

The high performance car is Manning in this case. And the Autobahn would be most games. And the country road is the Jaguars. Actually the Jaguars are the farmers daughters you stop to see in this situation on a little detour on your country drive because they are going to get ******.

I need my own blog or website called MasterShake's clearly explained sports analogies.
    If the Jaguars are a farmers Daughter then she weighs 274 lbs, has bad skin, and is as ugly as Midnight
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Way off target on this one. There is literally zero reason to sit Manning. None.
    Elway isn't paying Manning a contract worth $90 to sit on the bench.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I agree with everyone else, play Manning until the game is out of hand, then play Os.
    Merry.

Why don't we give the Jags a reason to be pissed off?

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

And the Broncos will sit Manning against Jacksonville. Once we have our 7 touchdown lead in the first quarter, Brock can take the reigns from there.

I'd agree you have to start him but I'd rest him very early against this team. If they're down by 17 you can pretty much take PFM and DT out and let Oz take his shots IMO--Jax hasn't shown they can score.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

A couple of weeks ago, there was already some buzz about what the betting line would be as we realized that:

Denver looked historically good,
    Jacksonville looked historically bad.

The host of a NFL betting podcast suggested Denver by 24 on Twitter and was laughed at. Ha ha, that's funny - lines don't get that high. The line opened at Denver by 28. Four touchdowns on an NFL betting line. Never thought I'd see the day.

If you wanted to bet the Broncos to beat the Jaguars outright? No problem. You can do that. Just bet $7000 and if Denver wins, you'll win $7100. Easiest $100 you ever made!

Point is if the Broncos do lose this weekend, it won't have the same catastrophic effect as losing to them in the playoffs, but we'd never ever hear the end of it until the end of time.

Start Manning, crush Jaguars, don't let up until the game's gotten out of hand, and hope for no injuries.

I've never clicked a link this Spano guy has posted. This thread confirms that this was a good idea.

You don't just bench players mid season. Manning would never allow that to happen. I bet he fights not to get sat in games where he is winning by a ton. It's been said that his backup QBs are never as prepared as other teams backups because he wants all the practice snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    You play him until it becomes obvious he doesn't need to be in there anymore.
    Pretty much. If we started Os and somehow lost 17-14 Fox would be a shoo in for Worst Coach in History. This is one of the few areas where Win Probability actually has some utility: Once it's >90% it's time to start rotating in backups; once it hits 100% no one but second and third teamers should be playing. Backup QBs don't get many chances to practice under real game conditions, so if we're ever up >32 points, Brock should be out there, and the people we can't afford to lose shouldn't be risking injury.

About that, one thing that's always perplexed me, in preseason and at the end of blowouts, is that teams pull all their "skill" players, yet most starting linemen play till the gun. Linement absorb more punishment than anyone else, on every down. Offenses in particular can't run OR pass unless the line's at least decent at every point. One would expect they'd be the FIRST people pulled, not last.

It's still any team on any given Sunday though, so starters START. The last thing we need to do is starting taking things for granted before earning them; remember how well that worked in the 2012 playoffs?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Hi The Brandon Spano Network.

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Who is Brandon Spano and how did he get his own network?

17. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don't know, but I bet he is rich!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Remember about the NBA ?
    The heat rested some big names ...
    And got hit with some big fines ?
    cause people paid lotza green to see the big names ?
    and that is only like 15,000 people ?
    now over 75,000 ?
    Not be able to see Manning and DT and Decker and Welker ... or so ?
    NFL would fine the Broncos and people be pissed big time paying 200 plus dollars for a ticket ...

bench manning?

good luck telling him that.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived rationalfan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information