Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar Content

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Completely agree. I don't really see the need to make a scantily clad woman (or man) your avatar or sig image on a football forum. Granted it doesn't offend me in the slightest, but when you are browsing at work or in a public area, I can see why you wouldn't want to have stuff like that on your screen.

For those saying "just turn off your avatars", that just makes it harder to browse threads. I'm used to simply identifying posters by their avatars.
    I don't think anyone is saying there is a "need" for any kind of pictures for avatars.

But you can easily identify posters through their names. Generally speaking (despite the recent amount of changes)..the names stay the same and the avatars change.

I'm speaking from someone that doesn't turn them on at all, and I don't have a hard time browsing threads or identifying posters. But, just like any poster that you can put on ignore, you DO have the option of turning them off at work if they aren't appropriate.

I didn't realize people were/are so tied to these avatars instead of the name of the person posting.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I'd post the pic, but I'd probably get a lifetime ban.
    So were you the one that complained about it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying there is a "need" for any kind of pictures for avatars.

But you can easily identify posters through their names. Generally speaking (despite the recent amount of changes)..the names stay the same and the avatars change.

I'm speaking from someone that doesn't turn them on at all, and I don't have a hard time browsing threads or identifying posters. But, just like any poster that you can put on ignore, you DO have the option of turning them off at work if they aren't appropriate.

I didn't realize people were/are so tied to these avatars instead of the name of the person posting.
    I mean, it's not that big of a deal. I obviously know by name who posters are. It's just quicker to have the picture to identify with them too.

I don't browse at work so it's not a big deal to me, but knowing that people do browse at work I don't see the problem in restricting avatar content a bit.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I don't think anyone has been "offended" at all, North. Many of the avvys are visions of lovely feminine perfection. Its just that (allegedly) some folks log on to this site from work. Some avvy's could in theory get them in trouble, depending on the work environment. That is not optimal. We are also not and have no interest in becoming a reincarnation of the 1954 Boston Women's Decency Society. There is a balance in there somewhere, and as the rules are member driven we thought we ought to hear from members.
    Well, i wasnt sure so i just wanted to throw that out there. I know in the past some of mine could of been deemed "risque" so i was just letting people know i apologize if it offended them in some way. Dont know if that the reason for the thread but just threw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    So were you the one that complained about it?
    Nope, didn't even see it when it was up. Not a whole lot offends me, you should know that by now.

Adopted Bronco:

Nope, didn't even see it when it was up. Not a whole lot offends me, you should know that by now.
    I thought you sawit. It was only up for about 10 minutes before Layne asked me to take it down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Completely agree. I don't really see the need to make a scantily clad woman (or man) your avatar or sig image on a football forum. Granted it doesn't offend me in the slightest, but when you are browsing at work or in a public area, I can see why you wouldn't want to have stuff like that on your screen.

For those saying "just turn off your avatars", that just makes it harder to browse threads. I'm used to simply identifying posters by their avatars.
    I used to feel this way too. But, folks change their avy so much In the end it doesnt help as much as I thought it did.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

9. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

I took down the picture of crying Brady. Sheesh, PAGS and WTE must have gone on a tirade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I took down the picture of crying Brady. Sheesh, PAGS and WTE must have gone on a tirade.
    Put up a picture of some saucey meatballs and those guys will salute the hell out of it though,
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

13. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Put up a picture of some saucey meatballs and those guys will salute the hell out of it though,
    GEM might too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I thought you sawit. It was only up for about 10 minutes before Layne asked me to take it down.
    I saw it after it was already removed.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    GEM might too.

Quit talkin bout it, be about it!! Meatballs! Meatballs! Meatballs!!

Quit talkin bout it, be about it!! Meatballs! Meatballs! Meatballs!!
    With sauce from a jar.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    With sauce from a jar.
    I like mine plain, thanks.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information