Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "We Haven't Accomplished Anything Yet" Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Default The Official "We Haven't Accomplished Anything Yet" Thread

We're flying high right now.

It's a blast to watch Peyton Manning orchestrate this offense.

Trindon Holliday is electric.

We have another group of Three Amigos... No, not the receiving corps, but our stable of running backs playing rock, paper, scissors to see who will score next.

The receivers defy description.

And the defense. . . Missing two legitimate pro-bowlers, and still wreaking havoc.

It's even more amazing if you factor in where the Broncos were just three short years ago. It was the depths of Hell. The worst stretch in forty years. Losing 17 of 22 games after that smoke and mirrors 6 game winning streak.

But we haven't reached the mountain top yet. No, we haven't even established base camp for a summit attempt. The promised land is still just a promise, although it seems we might be on the verge of escaping the wilderness.

In the past 31 years, the top scoring offense only advanced to the Super Bowl 14 times. . . Less than half.

Only 5 times in the last 15. . .it would seem that having a high flying offense means less and less as it applies to Championships.

Championships? Winning the whole enchilada? The top scoring offense has only done it 7 times in the last 31 years, twice in the last 15, (thrice if we extend it one more year and include Mr. Elway's Broncos from 1996). Let that paragraph sink in.

It's going to take a lot more than just a high flying offense. We have some great pieces to complement this offense, but will it all come together to get us to a Super Bowl, and deliver a victory in the dead of a New Jersey winter? I worry about a group built on a high velocity passing attack having to deliver a victory in a windy stadium in February. It's less than ideal.

There are a lot of questions to be answered, and thankfully a lot of time left to answer them. We haven't accomplished anything yet.

2. The Following 14 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Remember what Harvey Keitel said to Travolta and Sam Jackson at Tarantino's house?

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Remember what Harvey Keitel said to Travolta and Sam Jackson at Tarantino's house?
    I watched Pulp Fiction last weekend but I don't remember what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Let's not start sucking each other's dick just yet or something to that effect?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Guys, take a lesson from me. You want a regular season loss. Do not go into the post season undefeated. Too much pressure.

You have everything NE had in 2007. I wish we had lost at least one game to take the pressure off a perfect season.

People will start talking about that very soon with your club. I don't think it's praise, I think it is a curse.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Guys, take a lesson from me. You want a regular season loss. Do not go into the post season undefeated. Too much pressure.

You have everything NE had in 2007. I wish we had lost at least one game to take the pressure off a perfect season.

People will start talking about that very soon with your club. I don't think it's praise, I think it is a curse.
    That's deep.

I'd like to see a loss also. Undefeated season is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Wait. Haven't we won 4 straight? I think that is an accomplishment. Ask the giants and jags if that is an accomplishment.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived olathebroncofan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well, it's impossible to win a Super Bowl after 4 weeks and we have to talk about something. It's not like we can ignore how well we are playing right now.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

The more they say we have the greatest team ever assembled in history, the more motivated opponents will be to knock us off...You cant stop the media from saying these things either...I guess when you are blowing away records like we are, thats going to happen...we arent the only 4-0 team, but are the only 4-0 team mentioned in undefeated talk...12 more games left in the season. Thats a lot of football...

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by olathebroncofan View Post
    Wait. Haven't we won 4 straight? I think that is an accomplishment. Ask the giants and jags if that is an accomplishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well, it's impossible to win a Super Bowl after 4 weeks and we have to talk about something. It's not like we can ignore how well we are playing right now.
    http://i.imgur.com/YwgbT16.jpg

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    LOL...now thats funny

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm not getting a real solid vibe here from the football gods...so not sure if helping....
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Screw losing one! If you can go undefeated you try to do it. Pressure schmessure, the playoffs are pressure regardless, wo you might as well try to be epic. Sorry WTE, and I don't mean this as smack, it's my honest assessment of that Pats team, they got cocky and overlooked the Giants. It wasn't pressure it was arrogance.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In short: Defense wins championships.

22. The Following User High Fived Skinny For This Post:

Well here is some more good and or shitty news. We are wearing all blues this week. I do not think we have ever won, ever, in the all blues.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information