Thread: NOV 17TH - Somebody's "0" has got to go!!!

Default NOV 17TH - Somebody's "0" has got to go!!!

Could you imagine if both Denver and KC were undefeated going into thier first head to head??? THat would be awesome. Yeah I know Im getting ahead of things, but it is a big possibility. I cant remember the last time that both teams were ultra competative. Im thinking the Gannon...err...Grbac game.

Cant wait. Even if there is a loss by one of hte teams at that point, it's been a while since we have said that the AFC West is competative.

Discuss

ESPN was just saying the AFCW was the toughest division right now. My dad is a raiders fan, pathetic I already know, but he was saying before the season that the Broncos would only win because our division was the weakest in the NFL. #1 my response was then if it was so weak then why doesnt Oakland win more? lol #2. It isnt weak. KC looks really tough right now and they have a solid defense. Smith doesnt make alot of mistakes, he will manage but he still doesnt throw the game away. Also, the Chargers and Rivers are looking much better than their record states. Rivers, although a whiney SOB, is still slinging the football. Even Oakland looked good with Pryor.

Just so happens the Broncos are elite in a good overall division. As good as KC, SD and Oak are looking, they are all going to get smoked when they play us. I seriously see another division sweep....even in a much better division then last year.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Looking at who KC's played though it's too early to say their 4-0 record is representative. We've averaged >40 pts/game so far, but got the most against the Eagles; after that KC has faced always-erratic Cowboys and Giants teams that have 2 wins BETWEEN them, plus the Jags. They've got a much improved Titans team this week, a divisional game (albeit against the Faders,) then Houston, the only team that's beaten Tennessee (in OT.) There's a good chance they'll have their first loss long before facing us.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

If both teams are undefeated that will be a very difficult game for us. I think it will anyway.

Arrowhead is a very tough place to play, if they are undefeated too I can't imagine the electricity going through that place and how hyped they will be to beat us.

Would be a great game and a good environment test for our guys.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I still think we'll lose in KC in November, because we ALWAYS lose in KC in November, and it does look like KC has a good route to being a wildcard team. Andy Reed is doing good things with all that talent they have, and he's got a very nice game manager at QB again. Don't think they can take us in Denver, though, because I don't think they can keep up with us. It's harder for Manning to do all that audible stuff in a crazy environment and Arrowhead is gonna be insane the rest of this year. Home is a different story.

I look forward to finally getting a decent KC team back on the field. It's no fun beating up on the little sisters of the poor. But a KC loss gets us off the hook for undefeated pressure and lets us focus on the Super Bowl ring we're gonna get this year.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    I still think we'll lose in KC in November, because we ALWAYS lose in KC in November, and it does look like KC has a good route to being a wildcard team. Andy Reed is doing good things with all that talent they have, and he's got a very nice game manager at QB again. Don't think they can take us in Denver, though, because I don't think they can keep up with us. It's harder for Manning to do all that audible stuff in a crazy environment and Arrowhead is gonna be insane the rest of this year. Home is a different story.

I look forward to finally getting a decent KC team back on the field. It's no fun beating up on the little sisters of the poor. But a KC loss gets us off the hook for undefeated pressure and lets us focus on the Super Bowl ring we're gonna get this year.

~G
    I thought it was we always lose in KC in December?

I know the Broncos have to respect their opponents, but there is nothing I've seen from the rest of the AFCW outside of KC's defense that worries me. To be honest I would be shocked if we don't run the table in the division again. The only competitive games I see on our remaining schedule (assuming the first 4 weeks are not a mirage) are Indy, Houston, New England, and KC at Arrowhead for the reasons you mentioned. Even so I bet we are favored in each of those.

KCs defense is kind of scary, but their offense won't be able to put big points up on our d and our offense still scores 30 points
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:

I thought we always lost in KC in December

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

It all depends how many games we beat ourselves in, Shake. I agree, we should be favored in all the games, but some fumbles or INTs, or pulling a Falcons and kicking field goals inside the 10 or turning the ball over on downs would be a way to let other teams into games they have no business being in.

I'll be expecting a win in every game but the Arrowhead KC one. We'll see how many the Broncos bring their A-game (or even their B-game) to.

~G
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

10. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

We're 16-36 all time on the road against KC, but we did win our last two there in NOV. December is the death month in Arrowhead, but IIRC November isn't peachy either. Or wasn't prior to 2011. We'll see how we do now that they seem to be a bit rejuvinated and we're taking the beatdown-stick into every contest. Should be a fun one.

~G
    -- James Dean

The 11/17 game is in Denver, followed by at NE and then 12/1 at Arrowhead. So even if we're both undefeated by the first game (and that's a big IF, obviously) that game is at home. Is 12/1 far enough into December to work for the "we never win in KC in December" talking point? I still expect we'll lose a divisional game, probably in KC. Going 6-0 again, against a much improved division, seems like a tough task. Obviously, I hope to be wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    It all depends how many games we beat ourselves in, Shake. I agree, we should be favored in all the games, but some fumbles or INTs, or pulling a Falcons and kicking field goals inside the 10 or turning the ball over on downs would be a way to let other teams into games they have no business being in.

I'll be expecting a win in every game but the Arrowhead KC one. We'll see how many the Broncos bring their A-game (or even their B-game) to.

~G
    I agree, but like I said as a pro team Denver has to worry about that. As a fan all I have to go on is reckless hyperbole and expectations!

I took a look at the KC schedule and before they play Denver I see some possible stumbles for them as well. This ncludes the not as bad as they look Texans and Titans and the now surging Browns. The difference is KC has to play great to get their wins and not make mistakes. Denver can overcome a lot of their deficiencies just with their explosive offense alone. It would take a horrible day of turnovers or missed red zone opportunities like you said because we can only beat ourselves at this point.

I imagine if I was a Chiefs fan I would feel very similar to how I did during our 6-0 start in the McDaniels era. I would love the wins but would be waiting for the other shoe to drop. If both teams are unbeaten in their first meeting I'd be surprised.

KC really needs to drop a few in the next 4-6 weeks (esp. before the game at the diaphragm)...

...we don't want to be in a neck-and-neck with KC for the division heading into the last month of the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    KC really needs to drop a few in the next 4-6 weeks (esp. before the game at the diaphragm)...

...we don't want to be in a neck-and-neck with KC for the division heading into the last month of the season.
    Pretty sure the Broncos and the Chiefs will come back to Earth in some form, but I think KC will hit harder and splatter everywhere. Should be fine.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information