Thread: The Broncos Running Game Will Surprise You

1. Default The Broncos Running Game Will Surprise You

By Colin Welsh

The Denver Broncos have proven to be more than just a passing offense through four games of the NFL season. They do have the number one ranked passing offense so far this season, with a record breaking start by Peyton Manning, but that’s not all they have. That’s not all this team is...

Your multimedia hub for Denver sports including, TV, radio, web, and social platforms. It all comes together at BSNDenver.com

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived BSN Denver For This Post:

Considering how teams are on their heals with our passing attack, it's certainly helping our run game. But right now, I don't see a RB in the stable that can run down the clock if we needed it.

I did like how well we were running against the Eagles.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Considering the number of passing attempts, even being in the top half is impressive. This running game is going to continue to improve, as Ball and Hillman gain experience, and as teams try and find ways to stop all of the Broncos receiving threats, taking a "beat us with the run, not the pass" approach to defending the Broncos.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Considering the number of passing attempts, even being in the top half is impressive. This running game is going to continue to improve, as Ball and Hillman gain experience, and as teams try and find ways to stop all of the Broncos receiving threats, taking a "beat us with the run, not the pass" approach to defending the Broncos.
    I expect to see CJ at some point this season as well as Montee hopefully figuring out his fumbles. Pretty shocking to see the stats on the run game, it seemed pretty decent, but it's nice to know it's a better complement than just decent.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The running game has the best advantage in the world - a passing attack so efficient that the defense almost acts relieved when Manning hands it off. The running game *ought* to produce 4 ypc just because there is nobody keying on them except in short yardage packages.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

good post.

run, pass, who cares? i'm just enjoying this team while it's here. so fun to watch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I'm not surprised. I've noticed how well we've been able to run the football. It's a huge plus. It shows we aren't one dimensional.
    In Elway We Trust

The Broncos are 18th in the NFL in yards/carry at 4.0. That's very pedestrian considering no team is putting 9 in the box against Manning. I'd love to see CJ get a chance at some playing time. He looks like the one back on this roster that can make a difference in the running game. Moreno has been solid when there is a hole there, but he doesn't create anything on his own. His blocking will probably keep him in the starting lineup though.

When your team is on pace to crush the single season scoring record, you can't complain. The one thing I worry about is the Patriots syndrome. That team went 16-0 in the regular season and set the current scoring record, but their inability to run the ball when they really needed to caught up to them in the Super Bowl. Then again, the Broncos defense is far better than the Pats defense was that year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I'm not sure our defense is better than the 2007 Pats at least statistically. Let's wait until Von and Champ get back then we'll see.
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information