Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interesting comment - what do you think?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Interesting comment - what do you think?

Chad Brown is sitting in for Scott Hastings today. A little bit ago, Chad stated that, rather than the Broncos go undefeated during the regular season - he would like to see at least one loss. His reason for this is that there are always mistakes being made in a game, but they become glossed over if you are winning.

After each game, Bronco players make post game comments such as they can get better, there are things that need to be corrected, etc. If they really mean that, I would assume that mistakes are not being overlooked. If they are saying that to try to sound humble, I guess it could be a problem.

What do you guys think?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Honestly with a perfectionist like PFM I think those comments of getting better etc. are genuine. I actually believe them when they say it. Plus I think staying humble always keeps you focused on getting better.

Personally is like to see some close games that we win and some we lose. I think that drives a strong desire to come back stronger. Just hope they blow out everyone once the playoffs start.

3. The Following 9 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

well, i don't think the undefeated dolphins team wishes it had lost. or the various undefeated college football teams that won national titles. i think when an unbeaten team loses in the postseason it's easy to look back and say they should have lost for some type of perspective, but i'm not sure that changes anything. sometimes teams just lose at inopportune times.

as for this year's broncos team. i think the loss from last january will be enough motivation to keep them working hard to improve on each victory. remember how we all felt about that loss? just imagine if you were a player. i can't imagine they've forgotten how it felt to lose that game, then watch the ravens win the super bowl.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Chad Brown is sitting in for Scott Hastings today. A little bit ago, Chad stated that, rather than the Broncos go undefeated during the regular season - he would like to see at least one loss. His reason for this is that there are always mistakes being made in a game, but they become glossed over if you are winning.

After each game, Bronco players make post game comments such as they can get better, there are things that need to be corrected, etc. If they really mean that, I would assume that mistakes are not being overlooked. If they are saying that to try to sound humble, I guess it could be a problem.

What do you guys think?
    It seems every time Manning steps up to a mic to address he talks about Denver needing clean up mistakes and I don't think that's just lip service. I think Denver is going lose at point during the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    well, i don't think the undefeated dolphins team wishes it had lost. or the various undefeated college football teams that won national titles. i think when an unbeaten team loses in the postseason it's easy to look back and say they should have lost for some type of perspective, but i'm not sure that changes anything. sometimes teams just lose at inopportune times.

as for this year's broncos team. i think the loss from last january will be enough motivation to keep them working hard to improve on each victory. remember how we all felt about that loss? just imagine if you were a player. i can't imagine they've forgotten how it felt to lose that game, then watch the ravens win the super bowl.
    My thought exactly. We already had our one loss, the last game of the playoffs last year and it still stings. With PFM as our leader, he's not going to let this team get complacent.

That's not to say we won't lose again. Going 16-0 may be a once in a lifetime. But i don't think it's going to dash any hopes this team has of it's ultimate goal, and that's winning the SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Id rather try to go undefeated. Mainly because I dont want to rest starters in week 14-16 if it comes to that. As for the comments, Its all lip service PC stuff anyway. Regardless of what our record is.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

After thinking about what Brown said - the Broncos have been great in making adjustments during halftime - to me, that means correcting mistakes made in the first half. Therefore, that tells me that the mistakes are being corrected - game by game, as they happen. If that continues to be the pattern, I think an undefeated season would be great, thru the SB, and I do not agree with Brown.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

10. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

We have some tough games left. Dallas could be a challenge, perhaps KC, Indy and Houston and obviously NE. Any one of those could be a loss if we slip.

Adopted Bronco:
    CharlesMogOB

I'd like for these to happen, in order of importance:

1. Super Bowl win (duh!)
    2. Record breaking offensive numbers for the season (points, TDs, etc)
    3. Undefeated
    4. A record setting Prater FG of 65+

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoFanatic For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would be ok with a loss just because I don't even want there to be a chance of us being like the 07 Pats and having that embarrassment. If you think Manning gets hate for his playoff losses now, just wait until that happens. No sir, don't want any part of it.

Having said that, I would freaking love to go 19-0. That would just be the pinnacle of my sports fan life if that happened. I would just be so freaking scared of losing in the playoffs if we were 16-0.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I would be ok with a loss just because I don't even want there to be a chance of us being like the 07 Pats and having that embarrassment. If you think Manning gets hate for his playoff losses now, just wait until that happens. No sir, don't want any part of it.

Having said that, I would freaking love to go 19-0. That would just be the pinnacle of my sports fan life if that happened. I would just be so freaking scared of losing in the playoffs if we were 16-0.
    My only problem with this, is that there is nowhere to go after that. I might as well stop watching, cause it will never get better!

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    My only problem with this, is that there is nowhere to go after that. I might as well stop watching, cause it will never get better!
    On the flip side, you never have to stress about the Broncos again. Even if we suck for the next 40 years, we'd always have 19-0. The Dolphins still seem pretty happy living off of that.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    On the flip side, you never have to stress about the Broncos again. Even if we suck for the next 40 years, we'd always have 19-0. The Dolphins still seem pretty happy living off of that.
    Id take that, I think Id live an extra 5 years from the lack of football related stress.

21. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Id take that, I think Id live an extra 5 years from the lack of football related stress.
    On the other flip side, I'm sure every Broncos fan thought the same in 1996, and here we sit after two Super Bowls still stressing about this shit.

Maybe it's just just hard-wired into our DNA.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

When it comes to each game individually, I always want a win. Why wouldn't you, right? I think it's too early to start all this undefeated talk anyway, but since it came up here ... I'd probably be concerned that a 16-0 would have enormous pressure going into the playoffs, which would only increase each round. You remember the 07 Patriots, right? That team looked unbeatable early, played a bunch of close games down the stretch, struggled in the AFCC and then ... well, you know. Would a loss during the season have done them good? Obviously we'll never know, but for a team (and QB) that already has a post season demon hanging over them until it's exorcised, I think the pressure would be too much.

But really, I don't care what else happens this year, as long as it ends in a Super Bowl win.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information