Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NHL 2013-2014 Season...

Default NHL 2013-2014 Season...

Love seeing this ads on NBC for the season...

...can't wait for some NHL!!!

2. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I wish I was excited for hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I wish I was excited for hockey.
    Not?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post
    Not?
    I'm not excited, no. The Avs made a couple of moves in the offseason, but they didn't fix any personnel problems on defense. I feel bad for Varley because he's such a good kid and so talented, but he's going to get throttled again this year because it's the same defense as last year that still won't be able to clear the puck out from in front of the net, same defense that can't clear bodies out from the front of the net, and the same defense that seems to never be able to execute a "Hockey 101" style breakout. Yeah, their offense should be pretty potent, and it's going to need to be because on most nights they'll have to score three plus goals per game to win. Just not a whole lot to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I'm not excited, no. The Avs made a couple of moves in the offseason, but they didn't fix any personnel problems on defense. I feel bad for Varley because he's such a good kid and so talented, but he's going to get throttled again this year because it's the same defense as last year that still won't be able to clear the puck out from in front of the net, same defense that can't clear bodies out from the front of the net, and the same defense that seems to never be able to execute a "Hockey 101" style breakout. Yeah, their offense should be pretty potent, and it's going to need to be because on most nights they'll have to score three plus goals per game to win. Just not a whole lot to look forward to.
    Ahhh...

Well, NFL, fall classic(s), and NHL...and NO NBA - this is my fav time of the year.

I was thinking of starting a fantasy hockey league for the forum if there is enough interest... would need at least 8 people but 10 would be perfect.

We would need to do it fast as the league starts Tuesday, so sometime this week would be the best

actually I will start a new thread and see if there is any interest
    Last edited by weazel; 09-30-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

8. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

I cant wait for the season to start. Mine starts up too. So pumped.

I also like watching a lot of the teams and games so even if my beloved avs suck...I think we will still be close to the #8 seed.....I will still watch all their games and all of the good games the season will have for us. Plus watching Roy and our new stud Mack will be sensational. Our team is being built just like the Hawks were....Toews, kane, sharp- then go after some D and sign a stud vet (hossa)...see how we are building that way....landy, dutchy, mack- Ryno can for now be our stud vet....just need some D and some goaltending and those young guys to develop. Took the hawks a few years to develop. I see the same for us.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Sorry weazel.....I just dont have the time to do one. I know its weird. Hockey is my fav sport. I play it twice as week and yet I do zero NHL leagues but do 3 NFL leagues....
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I was thinking of starting a fantasy hockey league for the forum if there is enough interest... would need at least 8 people but 10 would be perfect.

We would need to do it fast as the league starts Tuesday, so sometime this week would be the best

actually I will start a new thread and see if there is any interest
    I'm in...let me know.

(...not trying to pawn all the work off on ya, Weaz...)

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Sorry weazel.....I just dont have the time to do one. I know its weird. Hockey is my fav sport. I play it twice as week and yet I do zero NHL leagues but do 3 NFL leagues....
    always time...

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

here's a link to the league, let me know who you are after you make team name.

http://y.ahoo.it/9BxYLtbE

sorry for putting this in two places, but there are people replying to both

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dear WTE:

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

even better... Blackhawks full page ad in the Boston Globe.

Some organizations have class, some have coaches that refuse to shake another coaches hand after a loss.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Sabres Trade Vanek to NYI for Matt Moulson and two draft picks.

Wow!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Sabres Trade Vanek to NYI for Matt Moulson and two draft picks. Wow!
    Saw the Vanek move coming
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information