Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Team Needs

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I hate to break it to some of youse guys, but If Peyton Manning plays another year I would rate the chances of Decker leaving at about zero. His remaining time is too short to break in another WR like that, and Decker is a perfect fit for him. Smart, runs precise routes, sees the same things and makes the same reads as Peyton does, good YAC, blocks well, tough to bring down.

I think the highest priority is finding the heir apparent to manning? Osweiler? Dysert? Somebody else?

I agree about the Decker part. Would like to see them all here until Manning retires. We have the leagues best WR group. So many blast Decker for game 1 but he led the team game 2, game 3 and has chemistry in this offense. His route running is very good but him and DT could work on those hands a little bit. He would be a #1 on many teams.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I thought he was a great player, but thought it was retarded to draft a WR with a broken foot... When Dez Bryant was on the board.
    That's not how I remember it, not that it really matters. You hated McD so much that the DT draft pick was just collateral damage at that time.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    De
    lt
    c
    I assume you're saying this because Clady is injured?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

RB

Everyone knows I have no problem with Moreno, but Denver simply needs more at running back. And that's the only position on the field where going into next year I think Denver could potentially have a problem. Part of that is because I believe Moreno's contract is up, and if he has a decent year, Denver won't be able to afford to keep him, because they have to keep so many other guys.

BTW, I think keeping DRC is a pipe dream. So I guess corner is probably a spot that will need to be addressed, depending on if Bailey can ever bounce back from this injury.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    RB

Everyone knows I have no problem with Moreno, but Denver simply needs more at running back. And that's the only position on the field where going into next year I think Denver could potentially have a problem. Part of that is because I believe Moreno's contract is up, and if he has a decent year, Denver won't be able to afford to keep him, because they have to keep so many other guys.

BTW, I think keeping DRC is a pipe dream. So I guess corner is probably a spot that will need to be addressed, depending on if Bailey can ever bounce back from this injury.
    I fully expect the Broncos to cut Bailey and give that $$ to DRC if he is able to play at this level all year. Too difficult to find a tall/fast DB who can cover on an island.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    That's not how I remember it, not that it really matters. You hated McD so much that the DT draft pick was just collateral damage at that time.
    I hated/hate Mcd, but I wasnt so blinded in hate to not have a reason. WR's with broken feet, hands, legs etc should be in the later rounds IMO.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

10. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I assume you're saying this because Clady is injured?
    definitely. I think if a team is this close, they need to do all they can to succeed and I don't think Manning is going to get enough protection from who they have at LT.

I agree that they need a better running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I hated/hate Mcd, but I wasnt so blinded in hate to not have a reason. WR's with broken feet, hands, legs etc should be in the later rounds IMO.
    Except McD was completely right about DT. If a guy can play, so what if he's hurt? Broken bones heal. I wouldn't trade DT for Dez in a million years.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I thought I would be saying Center but after watching Manny (isoing him on a rewatch of the Giants game and Raiders game) he has been much improved and has serious potential as a starting Center in this league.

An actual Pass rushing threat at DE is a definite need. Maybe the guy we drafted who is hurt, can't remember his name, can be that guy. I actually like Ayers more than most but he is what he is and that is a run stuffer not a consistent pass rusher.

OL depth is always a need for everyone.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

RDE, O-Line Depth, CB, RB
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Resign Woodyard, Decker, DRC and Harris Jr are most important offseason needs, if you don't sign those players you're going backwards.

Free agency would start and end with Everson Griffin or Michael Johnson.

Draft needs would still include DE, along with LG and depth at C, RB and WR.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-29-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Wrong Griffin.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Team needs = Nothing
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

19. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information