Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Needs

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    You're not going to find a "replacement" for Manning and you're not going to break the bank on an above average receiver to keep Manning happy. That's just not smart football operations
    Decker is above average and a very good #2 WR. We don't need a guy to be another #1 like Atlanta has. Decker fills his role as a big, tall, stout WR that runs VERY good routes. I don't think we would have to "break the bank" for him, but he definitely deserves quality money for being a quality receiver.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Decker will probably leave town after this year unless he accepts a hometown discount. Re-signing DRC will take priority over Decker based on the value to the team, but we are prepared for him to walk.
    I disagree. I think Decker is more important to this team than DRC. I haven't been overly impressed with him at all, and this team is based around our offensive production.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

4. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I am somewhat concerned with Broncos' secondary. They need to work on defending the opponents' read-option attack. The front 7 looks great because they didn't allow Ray Rice, Wilson/Jacob, and McFadden to rush over 40 yards. My point is that secondary needs to step up and knock them out. That's all I've got to say for now.
    I think we have a lot depth in the secondary already. But lets say a cornerback the caliber of Champ Bailey were just fall into our lap on draft day I wouldn't be opposed to taking him.

6. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Decker is above average and a very good #2 WR. We don't need a guy to be another #1 like Atlanta has. Decker fills his role as a big, tall, stout WR that runs VERY good routes. I don't think we would have to "break the bank" for him, but he definitely deserves quality money for being a quality receiver.
    Looks like we won't be in bad shape cap space-wise. No reason we can't take care of this.

Tamme and Dreesen are both making @ double what Decker is now. I suspect they won't next year one way or another. Julius Thomas makes these guys position kind of precarious
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Looks like we won't be in bad shape cap space-wise. No reason we can't take care of this.

Tamme and Dreesen are both making @ double what Decker is now. I suspect they won't next year one way or another. Julius Thomas makes these guys position kind of precarious
    I remember there was some thought around here that Decker would wash out in about two or three years. The same was said about Julius and Demaryius Thomas as well.

Adopted Bronco:

Fine...but where is that money coming from? You'll pay him instead of DRC and suddenly your secondary is comprised of a 36 year old and a nickel back. And you have zero pass rush to help them.

Decker is probably more important to our team than any other, so I say let him test the market. The rest of the NFL knows he wont duplicate these numbers on a team not ran by Manning and we need to recognize that as well. If some other team values him as a #1...they can have him. I'm not going to over pay my #2 option and sacrifice my defense in the process.

Again...it comes down to smart organizational decisions. if Elway ever gets to the point where he says "screw the defense, our offense will just outscore everyone", then that is the day he should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I remember there was some thought around here that Decker would wash out in about two or three years. The same was said about Julius and Demaryius Thomas as well.
    Clay was all over D Thomas. Boy was he wrong.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post

I disagree. We are already pushing it if there isnt a significant increase in the cap number for the next season. I'm going to assume we want to keep Decker, DRC, Woodyard, Beadles, DRC and probably Ayers. And right now, there is no way we could do it. So we need a bunch of team friendly contracts in addition to a nice cap increase. Otherwise, we are saying goodbye to some key pieces

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Clay was all over D Thomas. Boy was he wrong.
    I thought he was a great player, but thought it was retarded to draft a WR with a broken foot... When Dez Bryant was on the board.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

13. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I disagree. I think Decker is more important to this team than DRC. I haven't been overly impressed with him at all, and this team is based around our offensive production.
    Im shocked at hearing this. I think Decker is pretty easily replaceable. DRC is not.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    RB is a need? I get the DE and C are concerns, but RB isn't IMO.
    Denver has 3 average running backs right now.

I could see it being a need this offseason.

De
    lt
    c

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Center??

Based off what?

Not lack of production. Manny has been great so far.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Im shocked at hearing this. I think Decker is pretty easily replaceable. DRC is not.
    Amen.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Team Needs

DE. We need a true pass rushing stud. Even when Miller comes back, having someone else to apply pressure is the key. I agree with Decker being "expendable". Sure, he's a good receiver and it's great to have him, but he's definitely not a #1 who would cause the offense to suffer greatly without him. Maybe King can be that guy, maybe not, but replacing Decker is a lot easier than replacing DT, Welker, or OJ.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information