Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pop-up

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Default Pop-up

tned, thought you might want to know, I just got this pop-up a few minutes ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	3555
    Merry.

I have had that one a handful of times in the past.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

first time for me on that one.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive seen that but it usually appears when i go onto FB. ******* hate that thing. Havent seen it in a while though.

I get that on here every couple weeks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Yea, that's the one I can't get rid of. It doesn't happen often, I get it every few months. I was told previously that while they have popups in general turned off, that survey is tied to some of the high end companies and I would lose their ads if I got rid of that survey ad.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Thanks for the reply tned.

Okay, no problem. First time I've seen it. I'll just ignore it. If I see something different than that one I'll let you know.
    Merry.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Thanks for the reply tned.

Okay, no problem. First time I've seen it. I'll just ignore it. If I see something different than that one I'll let you know.
    Yes, let me know. That's the only one I know should appear.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Does clicking the ads still help you out, Tned?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Does clicking the ads still help you out, Tned?
    Some ads pay simply for being displayed, some ads pay based on clicks. There is really no way to know which is which. What I can say is that Google (one of the companies that supplies ads for BF) has a VERY strict policy against encouraging visitors to click ads in order to generate revenue -- they will kick out of the system any sites that encourage visitors to click ads. Their position, and therefore the BF position, is that you should only click ads where you find the product interesting and want to check out the products/site advertised.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Not really a pop up but there is one ad that whenever you move your cursor over it it becomes a larger ad and takes up half the page - the other day it got "stuck open" and I had to leave the page and return - I know we need the ads - no big deal - just wondering if we need the type that automatically becomes a half page ad when you scroll over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    tned, thought you might want to know, I just got this pop-up a few minutes ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	3555
    Yea, it's the one set of popups I can't eliminate, as they are tied to the ad campaigns. They aren't supposed to popup for any given person very often, but these surveys will sometimes popup.

That said, I'm not sure what I'm going to do ad wise. The ad rate has dropped off so much because I have relatively small ads and most are at the bottom of the page, that I'm so far below cost breakeven it's almost not worth having ads anymore vs. just paying for it all out of pocket. They are getting pickier about requiring ads high enough that they show on the initial page load, and pay virtually nothing for ads that are only seen when scrolling down.

A week or so ago I complained about the drop in revenue, and they said it was because all of my ads are low on the page, which is better for people going to the forum, but pay virtually nothing for those.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, it's the one set of popups I can't eliminate, as they are tied to the ad campaigns. They aren't supposed to popup for any given person very often, but these surveys will sometimes popup.

That said, I'm not sure what I'm going to do ad wise. The ad rate has dropped off so much because I have relatively small ads and most are at the bottom of the page, that I'm so far below cost breakeven it's almost not worth having ads anymore vs. just paying for it all out of pocket. They are getting pickier about requiring ads high enough that they show on the initial page load, and pay virtually nothing for ads that are only seen when scrolling down.

A week or so ago I complained about the drop in revenue, and they said it was because all of my ads are low on the page, which is better for people going to the forum, but pay virtually nothing for those.

I personally have no problems with the ads if they help deter your costs but I'd rather have 5 banner ads like we do then the one that turns into a half page sucker when you scroll over it
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Open up donations
    Free Hotcarl!

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Open up donations
    Tried that before and it didn't work very well.

Anyway, I was in the UK last week and playing catchup this week, but will reach out to the ad group and see what they are suggesting in terms of ads to see if it will be much more intrusive than we have.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information