Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Official goodbye to NCAA Football

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Official goodbye to NCAA Football

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-football-game

I guess the players don't realize they can't make money on something that doesn't exist...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Maybe Dread can do a greatest teams tournament for college after he's done with the pros. Best college team evah? The 03-05 USC Trojans and the 09-12 Alabama Tide would certainly be candidates as would some of the Miami Hurricane teams of the late 80s. Each had a ton of top NFL draft choices.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

This was one of my favorite video games every summer, and it is ruined because of lawyers.

I hope everyone involved is happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Surprised it took them this long to challenge it.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Maybe Dread can do a greatest teams tournament for college after he's done with the pros. Best college team evah? The 03-05 USC Trojans and the 09-12 Alabama Tide would certainly be candidates as would some of the Miami Hurricane teams of the late 80s. Each had a ton of top NFL draft choices.
    Strat-o-matic does make a college football game, and makes a package of all time teams, but I am afraid I am not enough of a fan to buy it.

PS - the NCAA sucks. As an organization, I mean. I hate the much overused and misused word "Hypocrite" but in their case I make an exception
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Meh. Ea is getting worse and worse anyway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I guess the players don't realize they can't make money on something that doesn't exist...
    I'm a little confused by this line Mo. This was former players making the suit, so the game not existing in the future matters not from their standpoint.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm a little confused by this line Mo. This was former players making the suit, so the game not existing in the future matters not from their standpoint.
    I am thinking it was a shakedown attempt against EA. They thought EA would settle
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I am thinking it was a shakedown attempt against EA. They thought EA would settle
    EA did settle though, so they still get their money. I guess if their goal was to make it where future players also get paid then they failed, but I don't remember reading that if that's the case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

EA did settle though, so they still get their money. I guess if their goal was to make it where future players also get paid then they failed, but I don't remember reading that if that's the case.
    It was.

There's going to be some jersey sales come their way, I think. But the video game sales won't be there, because the lawsuit killed that. I actually don't think O'Bannon or any of the plaintiffs are getting cash.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And EA has dropped out of the suit. The NCAA has not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It was.

There's going to be some jersey sales come their way, I think. But the video game sales won't be there, because the lawsuit killed that. I actually don't think O'Bannon or any of the plaintiffs are getting cash.
    I guess we won't know unless they reveal the details of the settlement. The first line of the article did read "a large group of former college football players scored a major victory Thursday." though, so that leads me to assume they got something. Granted, that could just be ESPN sensationalizing and not knowing all the facts either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I guess we won't know unless they reveal the details of the settlement. The first line of the article did read "a large group of former college football players scored a major victory Thursday." though, so that leads me to assume they got something. Granted, that could just be ESPN sensationalizing and not knowing all the facts either.
    ESPN's article mentions compensation. The SI article I was just reading didn't.

Either way, if they get their little stipend, they succeeded in killing that possibility for others.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

SI's article also makes it sound like they are going to go after CBS and other sports networks for showing highlights.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

NCAA was always the red headed step child of Madden anyway, from a gameplay perspective.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information