Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Was Woodyard's hit on Pryor Legal?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I'm not claiming anything. I posted a related article, nothing more. I also posted several times that I was playing Devils advocate and that I gave up on the crown thing because the consensus was clearly that it was NOT the crown. I also said that I completely agree that it was a legal hit.
    I'm just responding to your post I'm not trying rag on you.

Honestly, I think that was a pretty stupid play call for the Raiders to have their QB running between the tackles on the goal line. There were 9 freaking guys in the box...stupid.

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Honestly, I think that was a pretty stupid play call for the Raiders to have their QB running between the tackles on the goal line. There were 9 freaking guys in the box...stupid.
    I was calling a QB draw the moment it was spotted on the 1. Spread formation, shotgun, QB draw is what I called. Thought it would have been a rollout to force DBs to stay back and cover the WRs, though.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I was calling a QB draw the moment it was spotted on the 1. Spread formation, shotgun, QB draw is what I called. Thought it would have been a rollout to force DBs to stay back and cover the WRs, though.
    Well, it wasn't really a draw. He ran off tackle. A draw might have been a safer play because their wouldn't have been as much velocity behind the hit. Nevertheless, I hope they rethink what they do in those situations.

Who knows, it might not have been as bad if he wasn't being grabbed from behind. It was kind of scary how freaking fast Woody closed. Man, that dude is explosive. He might be the fastest linebacker in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Well, it wasn't really a draw. He ran off tackle. A draw might have been a safer play because their wouldn't have been as much velocity behind the hit. Nevertheless, I hope they rethink what they do in those situations.
    No.. it wasn't a draw. But that was what I was guessing it to be. I honestly thought it would be the classic draw, from shotgun, right up the middle choosing left of right of the center. But then I thought, "makes more sense to roll him out on a pass to keep the DBs back and have him out speed the LB." Then neither happened and I was pretty happy. I'm guessing that was an option type play that he decided to turn up early? I don't know, seemed like a weird play to me, altogether.

But I also hope they do NOT rethink those decisions from the point forward. I love to watch the Raiders fail.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    No.. it wasn't a draw. But that was what I was guessing it to be. I honestly thought it would be the classic draw, from shotgun, right up the middle choosing left of right of the center. But then I thought, "makes more sense to roll him out on a pass to keep the DBs back and have him out speed the LB." Then neither happened and I was pretty happy. I'm guessing that was an option type play that he decided to turn up early? I don't know, seemed like a weird play to me, altogether.
    Well, yeah, that makes sense. I can see using your QB to try and get to the edge with a few disguises on the way. But, if they keep using him like that in short yardage situations he won't last long. I don't see Kaep or Wilson taking shots like that. They run a few times per game, but they usually get down before contact....unless it's a cornerback.

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Some have indicated that Woody is a bit undersized to play MLB. I thought he laid a pretty good thumping on Pryor on the play in question.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived LTC Pain For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Pain View Post
    Some have indicated that Woody is a bit undersized to play MLB. I thought he laid a pretty good thumping on Pryor on the play in question.
    Some thought Zach Thomas was going to be too small, too . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

11. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information