Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need advice for my first trip to Mile High

Default Need advice for my first trip to Mile High

I'm a lifelong fan about to come home for the first time. I'll be in Denver for the Broncos/Eagles game in week 4. I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn on Kentucky Ave which is 6-8 miles from the stadium depending on route. At the game I'll be seated in section 106. What I would like to know is the best way to get to the stadium. Any entrance, time, tailgating info etc. I appreciate any help making my experience the best possible. I'm mostly a lurker on here but I appreciate all the discussion and comments you guys (and gals) put into this forum. It's the first place I come for Broncos news.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived 701Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by 701Bronco View Post
    I'm a lifelong fan about to come home for the first time. I'll be in Denver for the Broncos/Eagles game in week 4. I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn on Kentucky Ave which is 6-8 miles from the stadium depending on route. At the game I'll be seated in section 106. What I would like to know is the best way to get to the stadium. Any entrance, time, tailgating info etc. I appreciate any help making my experience the best possible. I'm mostly a lurker on here but I appreciate all the discussion and comments you guys (and gals) put into this forum. It's the first place I come for Broncos news.
    If you are driving a rental car you can find reasonably priced parking near where the light rail gets off at Auraria Campus (around $10). If you look at this map its the lot marked Aspen Lot as well as the neighboring lots: http://www.ahec.edu/parking/2011%20Parking%20Map.pdf

Your other option is a bus or the light rail itself. You can find all the schedule info here: http://www.rtd-denver.com/BroncosRide.shtml That is a pretty neat experience because you get to take a short walk near the river and under a bridge to the stadium with a swarm of fans. You will hear some Jazz music, vendors, etc. on the way in as Mile High looms in the background which is pretty cool. It takes you right towards the south end of the stadium.

Outside of the stadium there are plenty of things to do and you can check out the tailgates in the surrounding lots. Most people are friendly so long as you are sporting the orange and blue. There are also a few local brew pubs and sports bars nearby (most accessible by light rail) that you can gather to watch the early games with other fans. There is Brooklyns which is near the Pepsi Center just up the way: http://www.brooklynsrestaurants.com/ but it gets pretty crazy. I prefer the Wynkoop which serves local brews and has really good appetizers and food that is just a stop or so past Sports Authority Field: http://www.wynkoop.com/

If you get out early enough in the day, you could always hit up 16th Street Mall as well to get some souvenirs and eat at a local place. Have fun!

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Awesome. Thank you very much for the info! I'll be with friends but I'm the only one headed to the game (tickets where I'm sitting were to pricey for them not being really into football). From your info I'm definitely thinking the light rail is the way to go. Love me some jazz. I'll start researching where I can hop on in relation to my motel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Awesome. Thank you very much for the info! I'll be with friends but I'm the only one headed to the game (tickets where I'm sitting were to pricey for them not being really into football). From your info I'm definitely thinking the light rail is the way to go. Love me some jazz. I'll start researching where I can hop on in relation to my motel.
    You will either want the Broadway or Alameda station. Only bad thing about light rail is it can be pretty cramped heading back south from the stadium but its only a handful of stops.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Your hotel is on Kentucky & Colorado Blvd. You can head South on Colorado Blvd for about 5 minutes and there is a lightrail station at Colorado Blvd and I-25, just on the other side of the interstate near Dave and Busters. Here is the address - 4300 E. Colorado Center Dr., Denver.

Looks like that station is 2 miles from my motel. I'll plan on either a cab or a bus to there and light rail to the stadium. Tailgating or catching the early games at a bar sounds fun. I'm born in raised up here in the oilfields of North Dakota so this should be a pretty mind blowingly good time for some small town oil trash.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived 701Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Good call Buff, forgot about that station!

I just moved from Dickinson, where are you at in ND?
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Make sure you take the right lightrail line, too. I think it's C or E ( either one).

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Looks like that station is 2 miles from my motel. I'll plan on either a cab or a bus to there and light rail to the stadium. Tailgating or catching the early games at a bar sounds fun. I'm born in raised up here in the oilfields of North Dakota so this should be a pretty mind blowingly good time for some small town oil trash.
    How fun for you. Have a great time.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I live in Williston. Grew up here, moved away for 6 years and got a degree, ended up coming back for the boom. Only city I know of that you can make 100 grand a year and only afford to live in a trailer park.

Thanks Carol!

Yeah everything up there is pretty outrageous. No offense to your hometown but I hate it. Maybe before the boom it was better, but the traffic is horrible and some sketchy people
    Free Hotcarl!

Yeah it is what it is, no offense taken. I just work 90 hours a week on my days on and otherwise travel or be a hermit on days off. Being 27 with all my debts paid off and a decent best egg is nice My mother actually grew up in Rapid City, so our bronco fandom goes back to my grandpa. Last time she went to a game was in the Elway days. He got turf toe in warm ups and missed they whole game leaving the broncos to get creamed. I'm hoping to have better luck!

Actually it sucked before the boom. When I left at 18 I thought I would never come back.

What is it you do?
    Free Hotcarl!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information