Thread: New Laptop

Default New Laptop

I got a new laptop today. I actually just went to look at it, but he let me take it. I planned on paying him at the end of the month, but he knows me well enough.

It's a Toshiba Qosmio. It has 6 gigs of ram, 18 inch screen, 2 500 GB HDDS, and the Intel i7 processor. He sold it to me for $700. I felt like it was a decent enough deal. A buddy of mine said I should have took him down to $600. But I like the guy. He makes sure I have Microsoft Office, ESET Security, and pretty much anything else I need for free. It has a good video card. Apparently it's a pretty good gaming laptop. I don't know. I never do PC gaming. I like the lit up Keyboard and the dual speakers in the front. I'll probably use it for mostly movies/TV shows while I'm at work, and homework. Maybe I'll eventually play some games on it. The only PC game I ever got into was Civilizations IV.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Qosmio.../dp/B00305HS7K
    That's what it looks like. The specs look similar, except the second hard drive is a 500 GB HDD and not a 64 GB SSD. It does play Blu-rays, and I think that's the graphics card that it has in it.
    Last edited by Dapper Dan; 09-12-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Is it brand new?

No. It's used. He's not exactly sure how old it is. But that laptop didn't come out with the i7 until 2012. So it's no more that a year old.

Actually, the i7 thing in 2012 was from wikipedia, so I don't know how accurate that is. Mine, like the one in the link is an x505 model.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    He sold it to me for $700. I felt like it was a decent enough deal. A buddy of mine said I should have took him down to $700. But I like the guy.
    Your buddy sounds like a really shrewd negotiator. Does he procure arms for the federal government?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

I gave my buddy the serial and he looked it up for me. It's from 2010 and he says they were 1600 new and about 800 right now, used. I'm pretty happy with it. The guy is pretty good about fixing stuff for me. I trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Your buddy sounds like a really shrewd negotiator. Does he procure arms for the federal government?
    Haha. Thanks. I didn't catch that. I've been making a lot of typos lately. I blame the drugs.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information